• We have added Language Translations for French, Italian and Spanish menus, you can change your language at the bottom of every page, bottom left in the footer.
  • Spanish (Espanol, Latin American) translations have been added for the Forums and Resource Manager (Downloads).

Bunnyboard, 1931 by The Marble Games Company for VPX - it's coming

druadic

Pinball Wizard
All I have left is the all the pinheads and to smooth out the brass rings and it's ready to rock. I am lovin' this table so much and I hope every1 will too. PS: Sorry about the LOW END JPEG image, but I wanted to have a fast loading "screenie" and the image of the entire game screen.

Bunnyboard SCREENIE.jpg

druadic

Pinball Wizard
Pinheads placed. Not much left to do now. Some tweaks, image checks, brass ring fixing and this one is finished.
BBoard SCREENIE 2.jpg

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
I must say, Will, you have a true gift for finding backgrounds that compliment tables. The best ones of all for me are the backgrounds that I never in a million years would have thought would match the table!

I almost want you to go through all the other tables in the resources area and find new backgrounds for them, just to see what you come up with.

That's only ~1,500 tables or so. Think you're up to it? :)

druadic

Pinball Wizard
I must say, Will, you have a true gift for finding backgrounds that compliment tables. The best ones of all for me are the backgrounds that I never in a million years would have thought would match the table!

I almost want you to go through all the other tables in the resources area and find new backgrounds for them, just to see what you come up with.

That's only ~1,500 tables or so. Think you're up to it? :)
Ike, that would be so much work. I would actually enjoy that but I've always made pin machines so 90% of the time they don't have a backglass so it's the real reason I put backgrounds in that I feel fit the taste and name of the actual machine name. This particular background seemed to fit Bunnyboard perfectly; where does a bunny live? Well of course outdoors! The machine itself looks a bit "dark" but from the 30's that's how they were made, with real wood but a bunny would prefer the bright outdoors. Also, the differences between the more "newer" type of art added to the outdoors image was what made me feel it belonged to this table. I guess it's the best way to explain it.

Simply put, I just like this background. No idea why, but it made this table just fit right in and the table made the background fit in.

Maybe the bunny on the label feels at home seeing the outdoors in this background. ;)

PS: There are certain images and things I see and it seems to attract me to it. Maybe this is why I chose this for the BG?

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
@druadic,
Makes sense to me. Not to mention, aesthetic sense can certainly be elusive when it comes to words. We know whether it works or not when we see it, yeah?

Also, I like your use of real wood grain with this one. Some of your other re-creations seem to have the wood either painted over or represented as a featureless opaque surface, which usually looks kind of underwhelming to me.

You mentioned "Triple Action" the other day, and one of the things I love that @Ale did was to add all that grain and texture in to flat color areas. It makes a big difference IMO.

Btw, I forgot to mention this the other day, but I was most impressed with your Zen (classic peg-jump) VP9.1.6 game, which I recently discovered. I like how you updated the look from an old peg game to a modern-looking game of lights and cool sounds, and all that. The game was a bit buried in the listings for some reason, but I updated the info, and now it's near the top of recent tables.

So yeah, thanks for sharing that one!

druadic

Pinball Wizard
@druadic,
Makes sense to me. Not to mention, aesthetic sense can certainly be elusive when it comes to words. We know whether it works or not when we see it, yeah?

Also, I like your use of real wood grain with this one. Some of your other re-creations seem to have the wood either painted over or represented as a featureless opaque surface, which usually looks kind of underwhelming to me.

You mentioned "Triple Action" the other day, and one of the things I love that @Ale did was to add all that grain and texture in to flat color areas. It makes a big difference IMO.

Btw, I forgot to mention this the other day, but I was most impressed with your Zen (classic peg-jump) VP9.1.6 game, which I recently discovered. I like how you updated the look from an old peg game to a modern-looking game of lights and cool sounds, and all that. The game was a bit buried in the listings for some reason, but I updated the info, and now it's near the top of recent tables.

So yeah, thanks for sharing that one!
Reason for some of the colors they way they are is...that's the way they looked when I got the image(s) from the folks who gave me the photos. I too like the wood grain imagery in Bunnyboard VERY much just like you and when I put up the original images next to the release screenie you'll see just how close I think I got it just about right. I TRY to do this as much as possible and when it's warranted for the "realistic" factor.

Ale did a WONDERFUL job with that table and I do NOT play flippered releases much at all. Just never cared for them but there ARE quite a few tables I truly enjoy that ARE flippered. Firepower II and Agents 777 are a couple of favs of mine and I even got to play a REAL Agents 777 at the Chicago pinball show years ago and it was AMAZING. I took a friend's 10 year old boy who begged me to take him and for about 8 hours we had fun.

As for Zen, you're the first to even mention or tell me you liked it. I was actually thinking of redoing Zen but in honor of RJD's 10 year passing (Ronnie James Dio) I was going to remake it with Dio's music, add some moving imagery and even expand the squared play field out by 20 to make it even more challenging. Perhaps some flashing, vibrating and moving lighting would be added. I have so many ideas for it who knows. I'll take a peek at it soon and see what I can do with it. I've done a few puzzle releases using VP but not many folks seem to care. Maybe if I make the ball do a bit more with movement, add lighting to the play field and more? I've ideas to update Zen for years. Yes, it was written a long while ago so most folks have forgotten or just don't care much about it but I liked it. Maybe adding a puzzle creator with it or creating 100 levels this time. Now I want to see what I can do with it after all these years! ;)

druadic

Pinball Wizard
FINAL screenshot before release. NOTICE the plunger is actually a wide black post with a spring that can't be seen. This was confirmed and yes, I know it looks funny but it's what was used and many older machines used these kinds of "posts" made of wood.

Bunnyboard Screenshot.jpg