Can Anyone Help Me Identify This Old Mechanism

Dannorama

Pinball Nudger
Last edited:

Dannorama

Pinball Nudger
Can't see photo in post

I'm trying to add a photo url from my Flickr account to a post but it's not showing up. What am I doing wrong?

Ike Savage

Pinball Porcupine
Staff member
Site Supporters
Not let's see if Pinballdaveh or Coil Smoke know.

To me it has a rather homemade look. Too bad it got separated from the rest of the game.

pinballdaveh

Pinball Technician
Site Supporters
This looks like a back box panel from a pinball machine, not from a baseball pitch and bat or a baseball theme machine. It's probably not a gottlieb because of the replay counter wheel and the step unit Bakelite wiper discs are facing backwards( common of Chicago coin machines) . The 2 relays look like Chicago coin design also. The light panel and probably the backglass we're hinged for swing open servicing. This old woodrail machine didn't have a match feature, so the step unit without a reset coil could have been for an alternator function or a build up feature that when you build it up to it's highest value you sometimes get a replay and the unit advances to zero.

Dannorama

Pinball Nudger
So far I've looked at all the Chicago Coin machines on the Internet Pinball Database and have not found a match. Not all the machines listed have photos of the backglass or other illustrations so it could still be a Chicago Coin machine... they have a lot of similarities. I'll keep looking when I have some time to kill. Maybe United next.

Dannorama

Pinball Nudger
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check the United machines on the database when I have the time and I'll post back here if it's listed.