Bally Solved Creature from the Black Lagoon (Bally, 1992) HELP! WPC CPU Board Battery Holder Replacement

bmf2001

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
My CFTBL machine no longer stores the setting I program and I have to reprogram them every time I turn it off and on.

I was told to change out the battery holder on the WPC CPU Board and sure enough the original had corrosion on it along with the original batteries (I assume).

I ordered a replacement WPC style battery holder but I have no clue how to replace the original or even if the original can be replace. The original seems to be part of the board itself, it's not soldered or screwed on. Do I just yank and force it out? Or do I need to purchase a new board?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hogger42 - Thank you for the link. Sounds like I need to take it to a professional.

Any instructions on how to remove the board with all the lightbulbs on it so I can get to all the screws for the CPU Board?

I did this on my WilliamsDefender. It's not hard to do. I would unplug (of course) and take the batteries out and get a battery holder from Radio shack (all they have are 4 -holders so if yours takes 3, only put in 3 batteries), mount it ANYWHERE- it doesn't have to be on the board and run + and- wires from the new holder to the old holder or connection on the board. You can even leave the old one on the board as long as you don't put batteries in it.:dance:

Yes, I could use more practice soldering but I was able to get it replaced and it's been working great.

Thanks for asking.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MMITG is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back