• We have added Language Translations for French, Italian and Spanish menus, you can change your language at the bottom of every page, bottom left in the footer.
  • Spanish (Español, Latin American) translations have been added for the Forums and Resource Manager (Downloads). You can change your Language Here!

Chat Program

wild

Bam is FP
Chat Moderator
I like green too, I said it too, before,to Ike......I agree with your explanation Jon......I'm chatting if you want, for other tests

Ok friends, I also registered on "XenForo" I will try to understand how this site works, first, then I see what I can find useful things regarding the chat....

I hope to do things as quickly as possible, because between tables, discussions, real life, it takes me some time, but I do my best .

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
I don't really like the new colors, think they should be reverted.
Green means GO and think it's international...
Ze peeple, zey have spoken!

2-1 means (unless more votes), green it is!

So let's say we're locked in to green. Take a look at it now. Any preference to go more intense green, or darker... lighter?

JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
I think they should be reverted to the defaults if possible, I know we have altered colors for some prefixes but that was almost necessary to differentiate them. The reason is, these days a lot of effort is usually made to programs to make them look good with different devices and browsers that I can't test.

It's also 1 less variable to consider when potentially trying to troubleshoot in the future.

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
I think they should be reverted to the defaults if possible, I know we have altered colors for some prefixes but that was almost necessary to differentiate them. The reason is, these days a lot of effort is usually made to programs to make them look good with different devices and browsers that I can't test.

It's also 1 less variable to consider when potentially trying to troubleshoot in the future.
Okay, thanks for the feedback; it's back to the original green badge and white numeral to indicate # of room occupants.

Not my personal choice, but fair enough. But I suspect you're probably right that it was designed that way for a reason.

That said, I humbly request that we leave my choices for "no current chatters" intact (i.e. empty room). Originally it was screaming-red, etc, but I changed it to an innocuous "nothing is up now" blue color scheme, in line with the rest of the site.

Agree / disagree?

JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
Fine by me Ike!
Just wondering what the differences are in the settings of No user count color vs. No user count badge color, read the descriptions and still can't figure it out.
:salut:

Last edited:

wild

Bam is FP
Chat Moderator
@JonPurpleHaze
Jon, I registered in "XenForo",maybe you haven't read it, in a post I had posted before.....
I noticed a similarity with this site, many things seem the same ...... however I wanted to ask you....to and with who, can I ask,and make questions, about the chat, in "XenForo"?

I haven't seen a presentation thread, I can open a thread? where I can ask questions, or it's a problem, I don't know "XenForo" at all
I don't want to create problems

Last edited:

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
Just wondering what the differences are in the settings of No user count color vs. No user count badge color, read the descriptions and still can't figure it out.
:salut:
The first color value is for the numeral itself. The second one (badge) is for the background color. For example, the badge color for when someone's in chat is now green.

Other buttons across the site (like the prefixes) actually have a third color value for the edge/border.

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
Thanks for the explanation Ike, wild I have sent you a conversation (PM) about how this can be done.
Hmm, haven't gotten anything so far.

But I had sent Wild the XF resource link for Siropu's chat and the matching discussion thread a couple days ago, if that helps.

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
Looks like an ongoing issue (upgrade didn't fix) is notification noises not being consistent. Sometime's you'll hear them, sometimes not. This seems to be happening to folks independent of browser type (I'm using Chrome btw).

I skimmed local settings and admin settings and didn't see any obvious fixes. Guess this should be researched sooner or later.

JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
Thanks Paolo, My Shoutbox post was a intent to just inform users of this feature but I'll just try and explain it here, didn't want to seem like I was pressuring individual Users to test the chat.

The Chat can have rooms that are displayed based upon which Language they have set as their forum default language which allows them to communicate in their native language.

We have a Italian User Language room setup and I also just created Español User Language and Francais User Language rooms.

🇮🇹 🇫🇷 🇪🇸

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    I was afraid to do this but I believe if you unapprove files, they just are like a soft delete, still there but not visible..
  • @ Ike Savage:
    you're talking about FTP on uploads.PN still?
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    No, the archived category in resources..
    Ike Savage said:
    I could see removing some resources and/or resource folders, if that helps. that VP PhysMod stuff is probably not useful any more, etc
    Were you talking about the ftp subdomain? :wave-nerd:
  • @ Ike Savage:
    yessir
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    OOOppppsss..
  • @ Ike Savage:
    so you're were talking about the archived originals? on the positive side, that stuff probably doesn't take up much
  • @ Ike Savage:
    room
  • @ Ike Savage:
    where is the unapprove option, anyway? is that a super mod thing or something from the admin panel?
  • @ Ike Savage:
    oh wait, I see it
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    true, but they could also be invisible to users and perhaps allow the category to be removed
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Don't know, do know that if you delete a category all files would also be removed so that's bad,
  • @ Ike Savage:
    seems like we discussed it in some length at one point and came up with the current arrangement, but I don't have a strong opinion on that stuff. the one thing I do like is that I can clear out weaker tables from the main section without deleting them
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Sounds fine to me Ike, can't disagree with ya!
  • @ Ike Savage:
    is it that you want to declutter more of the resources section?
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    No it's fine
  • @ Ike Savage:
    also, just to be clear-- the issue with "unapprove" is that you don't know if the table actually gets deleted from the server, right? AFAIK I have no way of seeing where the tables actually lie on the server, so it's something I can't test effectively
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    They wouldn't get deleted from the server, I don't think.
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Can we get back to the subdomain folders/files, the uploads.pinballnirvana.com folder is where uploads would need to be, just wondering what might need to be deleted..
  • @ Ike Savage:
    do you mind a phone call? probably easier to discuss, save some wear and tear on my hands, too
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    No problems Ike, can't talk now but will try and set this up.
  • @ Ike Savage:
    okay, well let me know if you need space cleared up across the torrent area, because I have some ideas
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Yeah, noticed a .zip file contains many versions etc..
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    Uploading a 1.34 GB Pink Floyd The Wall zip file via ftp to test...
  • @ JonPurpleHaze:
    The file is actually on the server in FP originals but isn't public.
  • @ Anthias:
    Um, so, Hi!. What did I miss? (he says as though he ducked to the toilet while the adds were on...)
    @ Anthias: Um, so, Hi!. What did I miss? (he says as though he ducked to the toilet while the adds were on...)