Chat Program

I like green too, I said it too, before,to Ike......I agree with your explanation Jon......I'm chatting if you want, for other tests

Ok friends, I also registered on "XenForo" I will try to understand how this site works, first, then I see what I can find useful things regarding the chat....

I hope to do things as quickly as possible, because between tables, discussions, real life, it takes me some time, but I do my best .

I don't really like the new colors, think they should be reverted.
Green means GO and think it's international...
Ze peeple, zey have spoken!

2-1 means (unless more votes), green it is!

So let's say we're locked in to green. Take a look at it now. Any preference to go more intense green, or darker... lighter?

slightly darker, but a little ?

this time you lost, Ike, but next time you can win:bigdance:

I think they should be reverted to the defaults if possible, I know we have altered colors for some prefixes but that was almost necessary to differentiate them. The reason is, these days a lot of effort is usually made to programs to make them look good with different devices and browsers that I can't test.

It's also 1 less variable to consider when potentially trying to troubleshoot in the future.

I think they should be reverted to the defaults if possible, I know we have altered colors for some prefixes but that was almost necessary to differentiate them. The reason is, these days a lot of effort is usually made to programs to make them look good with different devices and browsers that I can't test.

It's also 1 less variable to consider when potentially trying to troubleshoot in the future.
Okay, thanks for the feedback; it's back to the original green badge and white numeral to indicate # of room occupants.

Not my personal choice, but fair enough. But I suspect you're probably right that it was designed that way for a reason.

That said, I humbly request that we leave my choices for "no current chatters" intact (i.e. empty room). Originally it was screaming-red, etc, but I changed it to an innocuous "nothing is up now" blue color scheme, in line with the rest of the site.

Agree / disagree?

Fine by me Ike!
Just wondering what the differences are in the settings of No user count color vs. No user count badge color, read the descriptions and still can't figure it out.
:salut:

Last edited:
@JonPurpleHaze
Jon, I registered in "XenForo",maybe you haven't read it, in a post I had posted before.....
I noticed a similarity with this site, many things seem the same ...... however I wanted to ask you....to and with who, can I ask,and make questions, about the chat, in "XenForo"?

I haven't seen a presentation thread, I can open a thread? where I can ask questions, or it's a problem, I don't know "XenForo" at all
I don't want to create problems

Last edited:
Just wondering what the differences are in the settings of No user count color vs. No user count badge color, read the descriptions and still can't figure it out.
:salut:
The first color value is for the numeral itself. The second one (badge) is for the background color. For example, the badge color for when someone's in chat is now green.

Other buttons across the site (like the prefixes) actually have a third color value for the edge/border.

Thanks for the explanation Ike, wild I have sent you a conversation (PM) about how this can be done.

Thanks for the explanation Ike, wild I have sent you a conversation (PM) about how this can be done.
Hmm, haven't gotten anything so far.

But I had sent Wild the XF resource link for Siropu's chat and the matching discussion thread a couple days ago, if that helps.

The Chat program has been upgraded to 2.1.12, many new options!

Let us know about any problems or questions that you might have.

Looks like an ongoing issue (upgrade didn't fix) is notification noises not being consistent. Sometime's you'll hear them, sometimes not. This seems to be happening to folks independent of browser type (I'm using Chrome btw).

I skimmed local settings and admin settings and didn't see any obvious fixes. Guess this should be researched sooner or later.

@JonPurpleHaze
I noticed your request on the Shoutbox, to invite other Italians, for the test, I'm sorry if other Italians cannot, but, I'm always available to test, if and when you want.

Thanks Paolo, My Shoutbox post was a intent to just inform users of this feature but I'll just try and explain it here, didn't want to seem like I was pressuring individual Users to test the chat.

The Chat can have rooms that are displayed based upon which Language they have set as their forum default language which allows them to communicate in their native language.

We have a Italian User Language room setup and I also just created Español User Language and Francais User Language rooms.

?? ?? ??

The Chat program has been updated to 2.1.19, it works with the newly updated forum software and has a bunch of new stuff.

:smileyvike:

Last edited:
The Chat program has been updated to version 2.1.20, although this was available before, I'm testing some new things for the lazy and old bot Mibs to do. We've had bots in chats for a long time and I've instructed her to post Forum Activity Notices here: https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/chat/room/forum-activity.16/?fullpage=1

Resource Activity Here: https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/chat/room/resources-activity-room.18/?fullpage=1

She still had time for the Media Gallery Activity here: https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/chat/room/media-gallery-activity.17/?fullpage=1

I'm still testing the Mibs bot but she has been around for a long time and still has potential...
?

I'll try to research about sounds if somebody is invited to the chat.
@JonPurpleHaze

have you found a way if you can add a sound? if I would like to chat with you in real time, and you are connected to the site at that moment, and I see it, but you are not looking at the site, because you are on another page of the web, I would like to be able to call you, via a sound.

many do not want to use the chat, to communicate in real time, and therefore do not look down if someone is writing and would like to communicate with him ..... the sound would be a nice warning jolt for him, then he decides if he wants or does not want to communicate via chat

I haven't researched this yet, I think Push notifications could work for this, this is the software that we installed:

I'm still amazed with Mibs, the chat robot, keep's me informed in real time while I'm on the site with Forum, Resource and Media activity.
Need to research the sounds, we used to have a playlist in our old chat.

:chat:

Yes,here he talks about sounds, but you have to see and understand on what occasion he refers .....

Catturarroioo.JPG

@JonPurpleHaze @Isaac Sauvage

so i think almost everyone has the chat disabled, now i don't want to be misunderstood, i don't want to force anyone to use the chat, but if they keep it disabled then all our efforts are in nothing, i say, maybe there is an option that you could activate for everyone, that is, the one that the chat is activated automatically....what do you think?

I wanted to mention that I receive a sound whenever Mibs posts in the chat in these rooms that I'm always Joined into, Forum Activity, Resources Activity Room and the Media Gallery Activity room. The message also appears on thee bottom of the screen. Give it a try and we will sort this out.

I made some changes to the Chat settings:
Enable browser tab notifications was disabled, it's now active.
If enabled, new messages will display a notification in the browser tab of the chat page if the tab is inactive.

Enable user mention alert was disabled, it's now active.
If enabled, users can receive alert notifications when they are mentioned in room messages. Users will have to opt in via their chat settings in order to receive alert notifications.

Enable conversation message alert is disabled because of the description.
If enabled, users will receive alerts when there are unread messages in private conversations. Please note that this feature requires additional database queries and can impact performance.

All of the default sounds are active, all of the Desktop notification messages are active. I just enabled a miscellaneous setting of Receive mention alerts.

There are also a couple of settings in your Preferences at the bottom of the page for the chat, for Alerts and Push activation.

@JonPurpleHaze

I did some testing, with GeorgeH (even if he doesn't get the notification, he has to activate something in the chat, I told him), the notification works via chat, and also a whistle if I send a call to that user ... ... the only thing that doesn't work for me, I don't get a sound when the other user has written to me, it happens when I'm in another web page, for example while translating ..... probably and as you say I should do something on firefox, but i haven't figured out what to do yet

There are also Notification options inside of the Chat program, I'm wondering if you have these active in the Chat?

Chat_Notification_Settings.png

I'm also attaching a image for my Firefox notification setting icon, I couldn't figure out how to capture the menu but the icon is for PN site permissions in Firefox.

Firefox_notification_Setting_for_PN.png

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back