Zaccaria Circus

wild

No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Ok, new table, running, I got permission to use the material, from the vpx version, a simple table, it's an "EM", I remember a suggestion from Popotte, that to start understanding FP, you should start with a "EM ", after Charlies Angels (which I will have to update, discovered some errors (strange that no one did not notice)) now it is the turn of Circus, I must say that these" EM ", give a lot of satisfaction.:lol:.....an off topic question, you know,by the way "Circus Charlie"?

Here is a photo

c1.jpg

wild

No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Ok...there is always something to learn, at least for me who don't know everything about Fp
doing the test, for multiplayer, I noticed something wrong when it's the next player's turn

now I don't know if this multiplayer topic has ever been discussed here, we know that the multiplayer system in FP, is not 100%, in a complex table, you should save all the things that activate for each player, and then find them as had left them before, and when the next player's turn comes, having everything reset as if he were the first player, in FP it is not so

but speaking of an "EM" usually everything is reset at every ball, and or every player, and here the crux of the matter

I don't know how many table builders, they know or make a real multiplayer system, but I remember how Gimli, for Cadash, took a lot of time and math, to save the game state, for each player, it's complicated

but for an "EM" it could be realized , and I'm working on figuring it out,maybe someone knows, if so they could make an intervention and explain.

this is the code that when a player loses the third ball, look at the image with the red circle

Cattura4.JPG

and here you could enter everything you think should happen after entering the name
here is my mistake, if you play as player 1 then everything works fine, but if you play multiplayer, no.
and I realized that to ensure that the next player can play without problems, I have to intervene here in green line, look at the image

Cattura77.JPG

now, if anyone is interested in this topic, or knows how to fix things in these two codes that I took pictures of, they are free to make an intervention, maybe this could help others too to understand better

Thanks for the attention

wild

No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Ok, I see that many do not have these problems, I am happy:wink:

Ok, as for me, I managed to make sure, since an "EM" allows it, to make sure that everything works fine even in multiplayer, watch the video

again, in this other video, you can see, how I change the gameroom, and a system without "Hud-desktop"

@popotte
Here you can see better the "match" at the end of the game.
I would like to replicate the "match", in overlay which includes 10 frames, but it is a very complex code for me to understand.

@Staff member
Ps: I load the same video, with the "insert video" system, the camera icon, but I don't see it, that's why I loaded them in "youtube"

Thanks for the attention

Regards

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
@Staff member
Ps: I load the same video, with the "insert video" system, the camera icon, but I don't see it, that's why I loaded them in "youtube"
I happened to see this, so am responding:

Yes, that last attachment turned out to be audio-only for some reason. I haven't tested the "insert video" system much, so I'm not sure if it has a problem. (could be a codec issue?)

In general, if you want to use PN to share pics or video, I recommend the "attach files" option at the bottom of each post. You can also paste that same media directly in to a post, if you prefer. It will still be an attachment.

You can also link to the media in question if you've already attached it. For example, here's one of the images you already linked above, in URL form:

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?attachments/cattura77-jpg.15705/

If you prefer to make it automatically appear as an image, not a link, you can use the [ img ] tags, like this:
Code:
[img]https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?attachments/cattura77-jpg.15705/[/img]

Which looks like this:

Last edited:

wild

No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Thanks for the reply Ike.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm thinking and seeing that this table has only received two likes ... I wonder why?
maybe i should modify tables instead of building, would i get more likes, or comments?

It's amazing, to think like this, but apparently it's the easiest thing to do,

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
I'm thinking and seeing that this table has only received two likes ... I wonder why?
maybe i should modify tables instead of building, would i get more likes, or comments?

It's amazing, to think like this, but apparently it's the easiest thing to do,
Your tables are great IMO.

I think the bigger problem in terms of receiving proper recognition for one's work in the FP / VP scene is that the users have an embarrassment of (free) riches to choose from, and therefore tend to be hopelessly lazy in terms of giving thanks to the authors.

@NitroNimbus said it recently (and I'm paraphrasing)-- "it's a nice hobby, and I enjoy the work I do, but the thanks I receive doesn't begin to equal the massive work I put in to the tables."

Me-- I feel like, speaking as someone who's occupied almost every position in the pinball simulation scene for almost twenty years now, I can totally understand and agree.

NitroNimbus

Pinball Wizard
Hi Ike,
Mate that is paraphrasing, I am not certain that is exactly what I said.
I agree but I don't expect any thanks and it is not work it is my hobby.
I just mod, it is the table creators that didn't and still don't get the thanks or credit they deserve, cheers!

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
Hi Ike,
Mate that is paraphrasing, I am not certain that is exactly what I said.
I agree but I don't expect any thanks and it is not work it is my hobby.
I just mod, it is the table creators that didn't and still don't get the thanks or credit they deserve, cheers!
oops!

wild

No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Your tables are great IMO.

Thanks

I think the bigger problem in terms of receiving proper recognition for one's work in the FP / VP scene is that the users have an embarrassment of (free) riches to choose from, and therefore tend to be hopelessly lazy in terms of giving thanks to the authors.

it will be!!!????

I agree but I don't expect any thanks

speaking more than of "thanks", I would say.... to be indifferent,or worse to be ignored,in IMO.....but they are only points of view
unfortunately we can't force people to say something nice about an job,( as in this case on this table of mine) and as Ike says, people are lazy or because there is too much wealth to be able to choose.

Apart from receiving "thanks" or appreciation from people, question for you @NitroNimbus .... in your "Mod2.0" precisely in "EM" I think there is some, right?,which is available for up to 4 players, have you noticed if the multiplayer system works? you know that in an "EM" every ball the table is reset, so there is the possibility that playing in multiplayer is possible to do it correctly

in practice it is what I am talking about above

Last edited:

NitroNimbus

Pinball Wizard
Hi Wild,
My mates don't have an interest in pinball. They are mostly all musicians so we play music, pool, darts or sit at the bar drink and talk.
I don't turn on the TV, pinball or arcade cabinets when I have guests over so Multiplayer is something I am not concerned with, cheers!

wild

No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Ok.... thanks to popotte (JP) ..... that fixed the "match bonus" as it is for this table, here's his job

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    @ Todd: Hey hey hey!