Coming Up: VIP Ultimate!

I'll be sure to check out your installer when it's released.

Cool, i can use the feedback.

Since im currently experimenting with a whole new (much better) installer setup it will be a little while longer until its released, (meaning it wont be this weekend after all), but since this new format has many advantages (and opens up possibilities for many more cool things) it will definitely be worth the waiting,...

(Providing of course i wont run into any unsolvable issues in which case i would have to stick with the old-and-proven way,...)

Well Phoenixx if you need testers i have two virgin XP+sp3 systems (just formatted) and a fresh windows7 install set up on a partition of a third systems.

Pheonixx I can no longer run VP on my laptop any longer. I can load a table but once I hit play it crashes. Any ideas? Also, I would love to test the new VIP. Winxp sp3 and Windows 7 64bit. Thanks!

Sorry mesa, but there are so many possible causes that i dont know what to suggest. Did you try installing the latest mainboard/soundcard/graphicscard drivers and reinstalling the VIP? Drivers are often the cause for odd program behaviour.

As for your offer to betatest; thanks, it would be good to have someone test it on a 64bit machine so i will put you down for testing,...

Thanks for the response Pheonixx. I figured it out. I reinstalled Visual Basic Script from microsoft. It must have been a scripting issue.

I would be more than happy to beta test the installer on my 64bit machines. Your current one works fine!

Hey Phoenixx,

I haven't posted at PN for a long time (very busy times, sorry guys) but I've been happy enough with my small, handpicked selection of about 30 tables when I have found the time to play any of them. And that's not forgetting your Visual_Install_Pack_8.1_2.01 either. If it wasn't for that I probably would've given up on Visual Pinball back then before I could even get started with it. Obviously, without the VIP it can all seem too difficult for a newb. Then what use to newbs are the great works of table authors if they can't figure out the program that runs them?

I hadn't checked any author's sites for updates of my fave tables for a while either, until today that is (heh... 2 weeks break coming up : P). Then I saw that JPSalas is redoing some tables in VP9, and my first thought was, "Hmmm... I wonder if Phoenixx is gonna be doing some kinda new VIP for VP9 or something?"

Now here I find you've been hard at work on a VIP Ultimate to put VP8 and VP9 in one! Thanks Phoenixx for helping make life easier for us non-expert VP types. I'm sure that I speak for many others like myself who greatly appreciate your efforts to spread the pinball fun around.

You make it happen for us! : )

Thanks for the kind words, it is rare that i get to read such appreciative posts. :color:

As for the new pack; wont be long now, i just need to get my PC in order (need to fresh install) and then i will send out betas to the volunteer testers. If they dont find anything major (according to my own tests it works 100% flawlessly) i will release it for everyone to enjoy shortly thereafter.

And there will be a couple of nice (unique) surprises,...:curtain:

Oh cool, I like surprises! :jedi2:

Respect to all the beta testers for their time, too. Looking forward to the official release.

It's been quite a while since the last post... any news (hopefully)? =)

Sorry people, ive been terribly busy with other things since autumn 09 and i just got back from a 3 week vacation.

As for the new pack; its as good as done. The basics are all finished, tested and working, just a couple of things i need to adjust and of course the latest VP and the new VPM will have to be implemented as well. If all goes according to plan then it should be online in a couple of weeks at most.

The best new feature by the way (besides full UAC awareness) is definitely the componentized setup. This lets you choose exactly what parts you want to install and the installer will then only install the files, folders and registry entries needed for that component.

Example:

You choose to install only VP8. In that case the installer will only create the default VP folders plus a VP8 Tables folder and register .vpt files with VP8. No VP9 or VPM related stuff will be put on your PC.

If on the other hand you choose to install VP8 and VPM then the installer will do the above, plus create all the necessary VPM folders and registry entries for VPM. The same goes for adding VP9.

And the great thing is you can install and uninstall all components without affecting the others. Its all 100% independent from each other, which means you can add and remove whatever you want whenever you want. The rest will work as before.

There are of course lots of other things but more about that in the release thread... :)

Thanks, Phoenixx, for the update on status and all your hard work. It's greatly appreciated and I'm looking forward to using it.

Nice one Phoenixx. Glad to hear you've had a vacation - everybody needs one to chill out and restore enthiusiasm and recharge batteries etc. Hope you had a lovely time.

Great news that the installer is being worked on - I look forward to its release in due course.

Thanks for the status update Phoenixx. Looking forward to the new installer.

Well folks, i am pleased to announce that the new VPinPack is COMPLETE!

I had to completely redo a couple of things because i forgot something very important but now the building phase is finally over and the pack ready to be released.

The release thread with download links and all feature-details will follow as soon as ive cleared the legal matters i still have to take care of,...

Well, i wanted to inform the people in the other forum too, but for some odd reason i cant post a damn thing in any of the threads there. The reply editor is just dead like a picture.

So would anyone who can post there please do me a favor and post the text from my last post in this thread.

Thanks.

Well, i wanted to inform the people in the other forum too, but for some odd reason i cant post a damn thing in any of the threads there. The reply editor is just dead like a picture.

So would anyone who can post there please do me a favor and post the text from my last post in this thread.

Thanks.

Weird posting problem! Got it copied over there. Looking forward to the new release. Been thinking about installing VP 9, but I'm just too lazy to do it!:sleep:

Thanks.

They probably banned you..... :cheers:

Where in the heck have you been?

Where to Find?

Where do i find a link to 'Visual Install Pack - Ultimate'

It hasn't been posted yet, as far as I know. I'm looking forward to it as well.

Phoenixx just disappeared quite a while ago.

So now, we're waiting.

The McD

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back