Coming Up: Visual Install Pack 3-Click Edition!

Phoenixx

Starfleet Member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Like the title says, soon a complete installation of VP, VPM and all additional files can be achieved with 3 simple clicks.

Procedure: Execute Installer -> Select InstallDir -> Click Install -> Done!

The installation completes practically instantly - on a halfways recent machine it takes ca. 1 or 2 seconds after clicking install.

This is now possible because i have integrated the VPM installation directly into the VIPs own setup routines. This means once initiated the installer will need no further user input anymore, (hence the incredible speed), the VPM defaults are either being set as VPM would normally set them or the user will be asked to take his picks when he actually starts his first VPM Table. (Im still thinking about which method to use. In case i decide for the former the settings can of course still be changed normally via the 'VPinMAME Setup' StartMenu Shortcut, as always.)

The preparations are already done so far, all i need to know now before i compile the new build is if there is anything that should be added, changed or updated. (Fonts, Scripts, other stuff.) If there is, please be so kind as to attach it here so i can complete the new build as soon as possible.

Thanks for helping,
Phoenixx

Last edited:
So, nothing new to add then i take it?

OK add this font then, I use it in my later originals after testing every suitable font for VP8 decal rendering, nothing I've come across renders as well for clarity and definition. :)

Attachments

• verdana.zip
    92.3 KB · Views: 611
Verdana is a MS Windows standard font so its on every system since Win95 edit:98 anyway.

(That is unless youve modded it, but then it would need a different name or it would conflict with the real one,...)

EDIT: Verdana is apparently already in the VIP, namely under 'verdanaz.ttf'. No idea what the z is supposed to denote because upon clicking the fontfile it opens as plain 'Verdana'. Possibly a rename error someone else once made, which means it is a useless double.

Last edited:
Oh well you learn something new everyday...that's good to know, though I know that not all MS windows installations include the font, from first hand experience. Still it's all I would have added. ;)

Fonts currently in the VIP:

Especially originals use a wide variety of custom fonts, so if you have any that are not already in that list, please attach them so i can add them.

70214___.ttf
8-pm____.ttf
a romantic.ttf
aardc___.ttf
abduction.ttf
adventure.ttf
agatha.ttf
agathafont.ttf
akbar.ttf
alger.ttf
alieesb_.ttf
alien5.ttf
amph.ttf
amusaf__.ttf
anastas.ttf
annifont.ttf
another_.ttf
back.ttf
ballsont.ttf
banff.ttf
banffn.ttf
bangn___.ttf
benguian.TTF
bimini__.ttf
biometri.ttf
blkchcry.ttf
bloodfea.ttf
bluecond1.ttf
bluehighway.ttf
bnjdigital.ttf
boinkn.ttf
bones.ttf
bonzai.ttf
bookosb.ttf
boulder.ttf
bradhitc.ttf
britanic.ttf
butch___.ttf
calist.ttf
Celticmd.ttf
chalkie_.ttf
child.ttf
chiller.ttf
cntdwnn.ttf
college.ttf
collegeb.ttf
colleges.ttf
comicate.ttf
compstyl.ttf
computer.ttf
coolveti.ttf
coprgtl.ttf
crackman.ttf
creeplan.ttf
creepy.ttf
deadjim.ttf
desdemon.ttf
devil_inside.ttf
dienasty.ttf
digircu_.ttf
digirc__.ttf
digiread.ttf
digireu_.ttf
digire__.ttf
digirtu_.ttf
digirt__.ttf
digiru__.ttf
digir___.ttf
dmd32.fon
doom.ttf
dotmat.ttf
duedate_.ttf
dungeon.ttf
earth.ttf
eclipse.ttf
eras000.ttf
excalibur.ttf
fadeb___.ttf
Filetitles.txt
finalnew.ttf
fonts___.ttf
fontt___.ttf
franklin_cond.ttf
franklin_demi.ttf
frscript.ttf
futrfw.ttf
futuran.ttf
GeoHvBT.TTF
golong.ttf
goodfisb.ttf
goodfish.ttf
gothic.ttf
gottlieb score.ttf
gottlieb.ttf
gstbinrm.ttf
hallown.ttf
handelgoth.ttf
handgotb.ttf
happy.ttf
Highlander.ttf
highspee.ttf
hondan.ttf
jester.ttf
jokerman.ttf
joystix.ttf
jpfont.ttf
judge.ttf
keypuncn.ttf
la bamba let.ttf
laser4.ttf
LCDGRID.TTF
led.ttf
LED_SAS.TTF
libel.ttf
lokicola.ttf
lsansuni.ttf
magis___.ttf
mephisto.ttf
metairie.ttf
metro_b.ttf
metro_r.ttf
mk3.ttf
mlsjh.ttf
mo.ttf
monotype.ttf
morpheus.ttf
News Gothic BT.TTF
ocreaext.ttf
oldengl.ttf
orbitbn.ttf
orient.ttf
pac-font.ttf
patriot.ttf
phorfeit.ttf
pinball.ttf
pinballafm.ttf
PinballFull.ttf
placcond.ttf
pomppc.ttf
pumpdemi.ttf
punchlabel.ttf
quartz.ttf
rachal.ttf
radio.ttf
reportr.ttf
rf6.fon
rf7.fon
rockfont.ttf
sandoval.ttf
sf comic script.ttf
sfatar~1.ttf
sparkly.ttf
squealer.ttf
stac222n.ttf
stagecoach.ttf
starbats.ttf
STARGATE.TTF
starjedi.ttf
starker.ttf
stonehen.ttf
taito brasil.ttf
tanglewo.ttf
termina2.ttf
theaa.ttf
timesbd.ttf
tot1.fon
to______.ttf
trana___.ttf
tranga__.ttf
trekrfr.ttf
tt0519m_.ttf
tt0768m_.ttf
tulsinia.ttf
unicorn.ttf
verdanaz.ttf
victorian.ttf
vikingn.ttf
visitor.ttf
vultures.ttf
westm.ttf
williams.ttf
williamsfontwide.ttf
williamspinball.ttf
y2k.ttf
ZurXCn.TTF

...I know that not all MS windows installations include the font, from first hand experience...

Alright, you seem to be very sure so i leave the Verdanaz.ttf in the VIP, just in case,...

Well there is the first pinball I ever made. Blazing Trail uses the font, Goudy Stout...nicest wild Western styled font I found at the time. :guitar:

Attachments

• goudysto.zip
    28.8 KB · Views: 578
Well there is the first pinball I ever made. Blazing Trail uses the font, Goudy Stout...nicest wild Western styled font I found at the time. :guitar:

Thank You Steve, Goudy Stout added! :salut:

(Dunno why the counter still says 0)

A Star Trek font (He's Dead, Jim) is already included. (deadjim.ttf)

If you have any others feel free to attach them,...:)

Alrighty folks, as they say in the business; The Eagle Has Landed!

The VIP is now a fully autonomous application that does the entire installation of VP, VPM and all additional files solely based on its own code routines.

Run Installer -> Choose InstallDir -> Click Install -> Done!

Install Time: On a halfways recent PC guaranteed under 5 seconds

After that everything will be set up and ready-to-go, including VPM, which is being installed with its defaults and the paths automatically pointing to wherever you choose to install the VIP to. Example: If you want to install to say "E:\I Lovez My Pin Emulationz\" then this is where the VPM paths will point to. If you prefer the default path then it will be "C:\Programs\Pinball\", and so forth. The choice is all yours.

But enough of that for now, the rest of the details can be read in the release thread. What i need now is a couple of volunteers who are willing to check the new build out. So if you have the time and want to help, please post or send me a PM and i will give you a download link and the necessary instructions. If you do exactly as i tell you your existing installation will NOT be harmed during the process!

Thanks in advance,
Phoenixx :color:

O.K., i have just installed a Virtual Machine with a brandfresh Win7 and installed the VIP on it.

Verdict: Not only does the installer itself work perfectly, it is also fully compatible with Win7 and so are VP and VPM.

(Meaning i dont need any volunteers anymore. The thousands and thousands who already broke my door down to be among the first to test this great new software have my thanks anyway tho! :joker:)

Time to take a nap now,...new release thread to follow as soon as i come back online,...

Installing VP - So easy, even a caveman can do it!

Quite interesting to see that across the time, when I get more adept with such installations, everything gets easier, so I don't have to use the gained knowledge.

The McD

thanks added for the new installer, and:
Quite interesting to see that across the time, when I get more adept with such installations, everything gets easier, so I don't have to use the gained knowledge.
pretty cool insight into the nature of technology, perhaps.

Installing VP - So easy, even a caveman can do it!
Hey, dont blow things out of proportion here! :birthdayboy:
(Insider)

Seriously though, the 3-Click VIP (for short VIP3C) doesnt only 'make things easy', it does in fact make the complete installation of VP, VPM and all additional files as easy and quick as it will ever be. (If i may be so immodest to say so.) To put it even more accurately; after integrating the VPM setup directly into the VIPs own setup routines there is no way, not even in theory, to make the process any faster or simpler anymore because there is quite simply nothing that could be optimized anymore. (And including Tables and ROMs is of course out of the question.) Thats why im especially proud of this new build, because it is not only a true milestone in the history of the Pack per se, it also marks the definite end of the development phase, which means from now on i really only have to maintain the included components anymore,...

BUT, old Phoenixx has a couple of other aces up his sleeve yet, so even if the VIP has now reached Status Nonplusultra it doesnt mean its the end of the road! On the contrary, in fact im already working on a 'NextGeneration-VIP', a package which will be able to do far more than just installing the files. But more about that when the time has come. I can say so much though; if all works out as planned, (and i have a good feeling about this), then playing VP/VPM Tables will soon be but a mere triviality as the NG-VIP will then do everything including (but not limited to) downloading and installing Tables and ROMs via a proper menu,...

Thats the good thing about progress. If i werent for it then Windows users would still have to install seperate Windows Managers and Linux users would still have to compile their own customized builds,...

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: keefus is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back