Complete

coffinsnail

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
mars attacks
IS there a place that has the tables backglass and all files as a single download for a table? not only is it a pain to download multiple files to get a table to work but it makes 0 sense especially the table and rom being separate downloads.. being new it makes downloading take 1000 times longer then it should or could. and even with them separated why not have packs of roms to download and packs of tables to match then you just delete what you don't like or want?

anyways I am confused as to why every single piece of one pinball table must be downloaded seperatly. I can understand wanting different backglasses and such. but if its a recreation then it should be a single download ..

anyways is there a place to download all the files for a table at once? especially ones named properly..

I'd look at file-sharing networks, for example, BitTorrent. I understand there are some huge packages of games all collected together.

As for why things tend to be offered for your pleasure in single pieces, it's mostly because the VP project is a huge & long-lived group effort comprised of many, many peoples' effort and hard work. There are multiple versions of pretty much any and every resource, and it's up to the user to put the ones together they want to in order to form the end version of the table they desire.

It's true that VP can take some trial and effort to set up properly and keep tweaking here and there, but ultimately it allows you infinitely more flexibility and power than the commercial apps, like Zen and Farsight. If you don't want VP, there's always that stuff.

So pretty much the line-- "with great power comes great responsibility."

But when 5 tables need a single rom to work it only makes sense to have one download with the tables and rom together. also what is really odd is the rom names make it almost impossible to know which goes with which table..

1) But when 5 tables need a single rom to work it only makes sense to have one download with the tables and rom together.

2) also what is really odd is the rom names make it almost impossible to know which goes with which table..
1) No... no it doesn't.

There are usually multiple versions of any particular ROM, and any one VPT might have been written to correspond to a certain ROM version across the almost 20 years of the VP project's existence.

Not to mention, it is generally one of the most simplest of all matters to adjust the table to meet any particular ROM version.

2) No, it's not odd at all. The ROMs have been named in accordance with the over-arching MAME project since the very beginning.

Please remember something-- you and many others are incredibly fortunate to be able to reap the fruits of the MAME, the VPinMAME, and the VP projects, which have jointly been building for around two decades.

For someone in your shoes, your appropriate position is one of sincere gratitude, not one of nitpicking things you're not presently comprehending.

Now I can try to help with whatever specific issue you might be having, but please do remember your sense of natural gratitude. Word to the wise.

Okay, I was a little bit harsh there, and sure, all apologies, but... man.

As they say-- please check yerself afore ye reckon thineself!

Woof! :D

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back