Continual VBS folder error

LuvInThe80s

Pinball Player
Site Supporters
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Star Trek
OK, so I am brand spankin' new at this Visual Pinball / Vis Pin Mame thing.

I've tried several tables now, in both programs, and keep getting the same message about missing VBS files.

I specifically tried Black_Knight_2000 because I saw the VBS file was in the Tables folder. I placed the vpt file in there and the rom(s) in the Rom folder. I still get the error.

Any guesses as to what I'm forgetting? Maybe my system just can't handle the load? Seems unlikely due to the error message though.

I've attached an image of the table that shows up, very incomplete, I'm guessing this is some of the issue.

For the record, I have used the all in 1 installer from the main page of this forum. I also ran the VPinMame path sets and test. The test did not show anything resembling the table. The ROM check turned out OK.

Thanks

Attachments

• BlackKnightTableIMG.bmp
    3.8 MB · Views: 245
Hello again;

With your having mentioned the 37/40-inch monitor in your 'noobie' thread, I assumed you were running a cabinet or at least a rotated screen. Correct?

By 'all-in-one installer', did you refer to the Visual_Install_Pack? That is rather dated, and installs only VP8 (although VP902 is included for use with a Nanotech controller), VBScripts v. 3.27 (I currently have 3.43 and I think 3.52 is out there) and VPinMAME v.2.1 (I currently run v.2.5 and know there's at least a 2.7).

The Black Knight 2000 table by Black, AJ, Destruk, et al, was built in Tech Beta 5 and released Aug 5, 2002, so shouldn't require an especially monstrous computer, but it may help to know what hardware you're running. Also, if your operating system is newer than XP, EXEs must be 'Run As Administrator'.

To play VP9 tables, get VPinball990a from the Downloads section, VP Program and Support Files (you shouldn't need 990Full, since the V_I_P has already run.)

The incomplete image you attached is the blueprint that loads into the Editor when you've selected a table. When everything else is correct, hitting Play will get you flipping.

Gregg

Last edited:
Hi Gregg,

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not currently running a cab, but do have access to 2 old plasma tvs and thought, hey, maybe that would be fun. As with my MAME, I spent a lot of time making certain the program was doing what I wanted before ever running the saw for a cab.

I did play around a little with the V9, but I'll go back and take your suggestions and look a little deeper. My goal is to have around 10 tables up and running in 2 weeks. OK, I'll settle for 2!!!

I just ventured over here for a visit and saw this..

I dont mean to have you go to another site but you really need to install the VPX all in one installer over on vpforums. This will install the latest VPX version PLUS vp9, vp8 and the latest scripts.
After that it is just a matter of using the right vp exe with the table that you are trying to run. (need the rom and if you are running something other then "desktop" then the directb2s backglass file)

I just ventured over here for a visit and saw this..

I dont mean to have you go to another site but you really need to install the VPX all in one installer over on vpforums. This will install the latest VPX version PLUS vp9, vp8 and the latest scripts.
After that it is just a matter of using the right vp exe with the table that you are trying to run. (need the rom and if you are running something other then "desktop" then the directb2s backglass file)

All available here now no registration required, just flip...

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=5178

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Mauma is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back