diamond lady(wip in abandonment)

This is looking great Wild!

Paolo,
please find in attachment the manual...

Attachments

• Gottlieb_DiamondLady_Manual.pdf
    11.8 MB · Views: 188
Amazing table. One that was missing from FP for a long time.
You already have my 4 thumbs up ehehe

Last edited:

Last edited:
@wild
if you have time and desire, you could extract the sounds and music?
Sure, I will start to extract the Music / SFX that I can find in the ROM ? , and will forward on...

@wild
Sure. Just let me know when (although not this week, please :) )

I can help tracking down the the rules though.

Last edited:
Crap. I hate having almost no internet and reading on a phone. Spend a while tracking down the damn manual just to notice popotte already posted it above my first response. And with much better contrast too... :banghead:

I'll leave the attach here anyway since they're different though.

Attachments

• Gottlieb_1988_Diamond Lady_Manual.pdf
    16.1 MB · Views: 149
Usually coin doors are ruined (for security) so it is one part where accuracy means squat and artistic liberty is most welcomed even in recreation tables (if you ask me).

Got to like the BAM keychain :)

@wild I have extracted the current SFX/Music that I found in the ROM, so hopefully these are what are required? If not - let me know :smile:

Attachments

• Gottlieb Diamond Lady ROM SFX Extracts.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 184

Last edited:
Your rendition of the table is spot on!

I actually played the real one for 10m yesterday. Unfortunately the deal was not done but I retained a few things between playing and chat and my 20years or more handicap since I last played a real table :D

The manual specifies 6º so I'd say that one was setup like that because it looked pretty flat. This means it's a slow table.

The left ramp is nigh impossible to do from cradled ball on the right flipper and it'll require a bit of momentum. Coming from plunger, a.e., is easy to do it all the way up. Strategy wise it's a problem because its the jackpot's ramp ;)

Otherwise, provide one's accuracy is ok, everything is in reach easily althought the flippers felt underpowered. Again, it is an old table and because was in pretty good shape and revised recently too I believe it's how they supposed to feel and it played like YT videos too.

The left slingshot in particular tends to send the ball to the right out lane so nudging will be needed ;)

--------------- Visual Pinball section

Regarding VPX, I've installed it and the table you provided and I'm not sure exactly what you need. VP uses roms so, reading the manual and code that should be accurate. I already skimmed through it and i'm confident I can test whatever you send me and even code a bit in case I find something and then send it back to you.

Physics wise that VP version it's too hard to hit ramps and /or "loop" lanes in comparison to real table. I feel the flippers have too much power and way too eager to send the ball to the center of the table. In the real one you can pickup the aiming points and repeat the same shot almost at will. In this VP table the more you are away from center shots the harder it is to make a shot consistently making those drop targets harder then they are. Something to look forward in your version and something I can help with I'm sure now that I played the real one.

In any case, if you need something i'm here. I'll do my best.

The siderails are a nice touch. Great job!

@AnonTet
thank you for the information, but luckily we will not have these problems, if we call them that ... everything you noticed, I can improve it ... but what I need is some help in the rules, that is play the version of vpx, focus on one action ... let's say the drop-targets, then play, you can also use the ball piloted with the mouse, do you know this? or it would be practically torture, without ball piloted, then play and hit all the drop-target and see what happens, I use to make the videos so I can watch them later....this is the way to know how the game works (rules)
but I understand that it is very challenging so if you can't do it then there is no problem.

thanks George

@wild

Got it. It is true the manuals don't always mention everything (i'm having that problem myself).

I'll search for the how-to manual roll in VP. Obviously there is a way or one would go insane :D

There are excellent prospects that this table can be completed, I don't know when but it is likely less than a year, for another table of mine it took me this time.

Thanks also to @AnonTet, who is helping me with the rules, and more.

When I decided to build this table, (because I liked seeing it in vpx) I thought it was an easy table, (at least as much as Charlies Angels) but instead it is a little more complicated, especially in the script, but I managed to (maybe) the hardest part, so I go on.

Thanks all you

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back