Bally Solved Eight Ball Deluxe Limited Edition (Bally, 1982) HELP

skip34

Inserted Coin
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
eight ball deluxe
Hi all
I have recently aquired a '83 Bally eightball deluxe limited. I have worked on the mpu, solenoid driver board and solenoid expander board to get the game running.

The game will power up begin a game but has 2 problems which I could use some help.

1st problem is that I cannot get through a game without ithe mpu re-setting. As the machine is warmed up it appears the re-sets occur frequently, even when the game is just sitting.

2nd problem is related to the solenoid expander board and involves the 4 drop target bank (2x,3x,4x, 5x). which is tied to the 2,10 drop target.

When the lamp test is run (first push of the test button) the 4 drop target bank continually re-sets with the light flashes. At the same time the 2,10 tries but barely moves. Solenoids aren't to operate during thr lamp test. There is a lamp associated with the solenoid expander board. but even when the lamp is removed the 4 drop target bank will continue ti re-set.

When the solenoid operation test is run (3rd push of the test button) all goes well until it is time for the 2,10 drop target. It does nothing, no noise or movement. the solenoids operate normally until the 4 drop bank is tested. It re-sets and continues to reset through the next 2 solenoids (saucer and out hole kicker) simultaneously the 2,10 drop will slightly move.

Any insight to either of these problems is appreciated.

Thanks,
Skip

Solution
update:

Installing a new mpu board fixed reset problem.

replacing transistor, capacitor, and diode on the solenoid driver board plus the coil with a new coil solved the target reset problem.

All works good now.

-Skip
update:

Installing a new mpu board fixed reset problem.

replacing transistor, capacitor, and diode on the solenoid driver board plus the coil with a new coil solved the target reset problem.

All works good now.

-Skip

Solution
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back