El Dorado VP8 recon

Different PC, doubt having any old cookies at all
I delete browsing history, when doing disk clean up/defrag
& I get the 'all cookies cleared' message when logging off here, also.
I could possibly upload at IRPinball or at Itchy's
Sounds like Nic is right, but I don't see anything here to suggest
that, or how to go about it.
Maybe if I cancel this account & start again, but I'm tired
& couldn't be bothered tonight

oops, too slow typing replies tonight
Whilst you did all you've mentioned above, Sleepy
did you see if you could get to the upload section as logged on ?
I don't find bugs haha, they find me :)

I wouldn't cancel the account before trying to login and verify that I am logged in on both pages. I tried it again, logoff at the top of this page and then went to the PN front page and I was able to login on the first try.

Is your password correct? You might need to retype it.

Yeah, me slow too.

And yes, no trouble with getting to the upload page after login. It does seem that something is floggy with the login though.

Well I checked the 'remember me' box
& have uploaded table. Never thought that'd be the cause or the fix
Doh! :)

Now that is truly Strange.

Like, if you don't check "Remember me",
then they don't remember you?

i never remember you, sleepy. i have to read a bit of your new posts, then fill in the mental checkbox every time. weird, eh?

btw patch, who is "nic?" sounds like some random asshole from the ancient past. :)

Man, this site fell off the map for awhile with "Module not found" errors,
and I was wondering What the Heck you uploaded?

Haha, sorry N.. Ike
I just have this habit of calling people by their actual name
if I know it :)

Some Mark bloke typed this

Yeah, the "remember me" has never worked for me. You can always put it up at the Rogue, or PM it there. My front page is missing, but downloads and pm's work.

Haha, sorry N.. Ike
I just have this habit of calling people by their actual name
if I know it :)

Some Mark bloke typed this
so patch is the mark II model. :D

you know the thing about nike, greek goddess of victory, is that it actually is part of my name. the second half is the greek word "laus" for people. nike + laus = victory of the people. this explains why perfect strangers are always coming up to me and congratulating me, patting me on the back, etc!

no, what i really want to talk about is something i saw at the toy store in the square just now:
http://www.intplay.com/productdetails.aspx?gid=290&prodid=294&pid=4294

the balls are only a third the size of pinballs, but it's got really good action! only thing, i live alone... the only kids i have is the one inside me. no shortage of ppl to play this with if i was back in peru, but here in ohio... meh. :/

sorry, i guess this wasn't cricket, old man.

Yeah, the "remember me" has never worked for me. You can always put it up at the Rogue, or PM it there. My front page is missing, but downloads and pm's work.
well, you know that old saying... all roads lead to rogue.

no matter where the conversation starts, it will always... oh, hey itchigo!!

from Peru Ike ?
where chiles are ajis & huacatay grows
I intend getting some aji amarillo going
as I don't have any yellow chiles going yet

Thanks for the updated El Dorado, Patch and thanks to all that were trying to help him upload it.

IIRC this site used to be one-stop shopping.

then a couple years later as jon developed the portal, etc, it became necessary to register two accts, one for forums and one for site, proper.
It's not possible to register at the portal, all accounts handling is done through the forums and is bridged to the portal. It's still one-stop shopping but something weird is going on because you don't even need a User Account to upload files @ UpDownload, the file just gets placed in a moderation queue and you can't upload a screenshot.

Well I checked the 'remember me' box
& have uploaded table. Never thought that'd be the cause or the fix
Doh! :smile:
If I remember correctly, checking the remember me button on the front page is the key..sorry.

Cheers Jon, all's well & can only get better, now
those other VP bugs are out'a the system :)

@patch,
wow, really?? i didn't know anyone outside of the andes region grew aji amarillo. that's friggen dope! as the kids say. anyway yea i'm a peace corps baby... dad peruvian, mom american. i forget what part of oz you said, but do any restaurants around there make ceviche?

@jon,
oic. i guess i was mixing it up with one of the older sites. probably shiva's.

No, PN did that to me somewhere around 2009.
I had to login or create an account on both the front page and the forums page, or that's what it acted like.

Of course in creating the account on the front page, I probably didn't check the "Remember me" box.

Doublemint gum.

Last edited:
@patch,
wow, really?? i didn't know anyone outside of the andes region grew aji amarillo. that's friggen dope! as the kids say. anyway yea i'm a peace corps baby... dad peruvian, mom american. i forget what part of oz you said, but do any restaurants around there make ceviche?

Yes, would be on many menus here, in the true traditional Peruvian style
I'd say likely, but not sure.
I've had the Greek style 'roll mops', I think done in vinegar/brine rather than lime juice.
Aji amarillo & panca seeds are not hard to come by here. I have spoken to a
Peruvian lady who was selling seedlings of both, last spring. I didn't make it
to buy some from her. She was also selling huacatay seedlings, which is a bit
naughty, as they're a noxious weed here, unfortunately known as
'stinking roger'.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back