Flying Dutchman's 'Backglass Paradise'

Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Medieval Madness / Champion Pub
Please find below the link to all available Backglass Images I've recreated from material found on the Web based on the 'real' Pinball-tables.
I'm trying to get as close to the original as possible .. (with the material gathered - Thanks to Mr. Hide & vati1!).

Simply click on the image(s) you would like to download, and get them ..

They can be used in conjunction with VP recreated Pinball tables as purpose to simulate the original Backglass and so to be shown on a 2nd screen/monitor.

They are already converted into the convenient .png format and so also compatible with the HyperPin FrontEnd.

Updated regularly!

Have Fun! ;)

:bigwelcome:

Attachments

• Example 2.jpg
    Example 2.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 916
  • Example 3.jpg
    Example 3.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 950
  • Example 1.jpg
    Example 1.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 1,023
Last edited:
They all look great!!!

Thanks Bob .. I intent to try and keep it as close to the original Backglasses as possible, with the, sometimes limited 'available' material I have/get.

14 May - I've recreated and added the following Backglasses:
Bally: Dr. Dude,
Capcom: AirBorne
Gottlieb: Cactus Jack's, Class Of 1812, Panthera

Follow the link below to download .. and enjoy! ;)

Attachments

• Example 2.png
    Example 2.png
    616.9 KB · Views: 762
  • Example 3.png
    Example 3.png
    534.1 KB · Views: 757
  • Example 4.png
    Example 4.png
    482.7 KB · Views: 796
Last edited:
Update On Available Backglass Images

17 May 2009 - I've re-created & uploaded the following Backglasses:

Bally: Centaur, City Slicker, Party Zone, Playboy, Xenon
Capcom: BreakShot
Misc.: Canasta, Brunswick Manufacturing Company: Alive
Stern: Cheetah, Cue, World Poker Tour
Williams: The Flintstones, The Getaway

Simply follow the link below ..
;)

Attachments

• Example 5.png
    Example 5.png
    590.7 KB · Views: 819
  • Example 6.png
    Example 6.png
    559.5 KB · Views: 746
  • Example 7.png
    Example 7.png
    593.7 KB · Views: 775
19 May - I've re-created & uploaded the following Backglasses

Bally: Escape From The Lost World, Rolling Stones, Silverball Mania
Data East: King Kong, RoboCop
Gottlieb: Devil's Dare, Krull
Misc.: Jolly Park - Spinball, Magic Castle - Zaccaria, Pole Position - Sonic
Stern: QuickSilver

Enjoy!

;)

Attachments

• Example 3.jpg
    Example 3.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 788
  • Example 2.jpg
    Example 2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 805
  • Example 1.jpg
    Example 1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 813
  • Example 4.jpg
    Example 4.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 755
25 May 2009 - Re-created & updated the following Backglasses

Bally: Creature From The Black Lagoon, Dr. Who, Indianapolis 500, SafeCracker, Theatre Of Magic, Who Dunnit
Sega: Frankenstein
Stern: Ted Nugent
Williams: AlienPoker, Bram Stokers Dracula, Congo, Cosmic Gunfight, Hurricane, The Flintstones

Click the link below & have fun ;)

Attachments

• Example 12.jpg
    Example 12.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 708
  • Example 13.jpg
    Example 13.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 759
  • Example 14.jpg
    Example 14.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 742
Heres a couple you can add. (Original translite repro templates.)

NOTE: With the right filter they can be upscaled extremely well, which means when done right you can easily at the very least double the size without loosing a significant amount of quality.

Courtesy of some shop that makes translites, forgot the name because i downloaded them years ago but you know who you are.

Addams%20Family.jpg

Austin%20Powers.jpg

Batman.jpg

Centaur.jpg

Dolly%20Parton.jpg

Dr.%20Who.jpg

EightBall.jpg

FishTales.jpg

Harlem%20Globetrotters%20On%20Tour.jpg

Indiana%20Jones.jpg

Jurassic%20Park.jpg

KI%CF%9F%CF%9F.jpg

PenthouseBG.jpg

Playboy%20%5BNude%5D.jpg

Playboy.jpg

Rolling%20Stones.jpg

Star%20Trek.jpg

Star%20Wars.jpg

Teenage%20Mutant%20Ninja%20Turtles.jpg

The%20Simpsons.jpg

The%20Six-Million-Dollar-Man.jpg

Twilight%20Zone.jpg

Thanks Phoenixx! Good material!

Cheers,
FD.

28 May - I've re-created & updated the following Backglasses:

Bally: Creature From The Black Lagoon, Elektra, Strange Science, Transporter The Rescue, Who Dunnit
Data East: Time Machine
Gottlieb: Pinball Pool, Spring Break, Victory
Misc. Odin-Sonic
Stern: Flight 2000
Williams: Diner, Sorcerer

Special thanks to Toxie, Extra Ball, Phoenixx, wtiger & TAB for their contribution.
And of course the 'Pinball Database' for research on how the original Backglasses actually look like
wink.gif

Enjoy!
smile.gif

Click the link:
http://[URL="http://users.telenet.be/backglassparadise.flyingdutchman/"Flying Dutchman's 'Backglass Paradise'

Attachments

• Example 21.jpg
    Example 21.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 714
  • Example 22.jpg
    Example 22.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 723
  • Example 27.jpg
    Example 27.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 757
Last edited:
While I'm out in the wild I'll have to take pics of FULL backglasses for use in this project. Someday I'll have a rig to take advantage of the duel monitor setup.

I can recommend a dual monitor setup .. not only for cabinet play but also for VP8 & VP9 - 4:3 tables .. it adds a LOT of reality & fun to the gameplay!

Cheers,
FD.

I'm gladd it's appreciated Pinball Nirvana Forums - View Profile: Meecro Hyperion@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: Meecro Hyperion</title>@@AMEPARAM@@Meecro Hyperion

There's some more to enjoy:

02 June - I've recreated, improved the following Backglasses

Bally: Attack & Revenge From Mars, Doctor Who, Pinball Magic
Data East: Lethal Weapon, Maverick, Jurassic Park
Gottlieb: Haunted House, The Amazing Spiderman
Williams: FishTales, Funhouse, Taxi, The Flintstones

Click:

Have fun! ;)

Attachments

• Example 29.png
    Example 29.png
    500 KB · Views: 711
  • Example 30.png
    Example 30.png
    503.5 KB · Views: 744
  • Example 31.png
    Example 31.png
    525.7 KB · Views: 741
  • Example 32.png
    Example 32.png
    491.7 KB · Views: 740
Hopefully, in the next couple days, I will get the next chunk of the shivaSite archives back in. It will be quality over quanity, but still have just under 5000 files, and about half way done with finding and sorting.

Unlike other sites, this is the best of each type of image I have, and I was very selective, there are a lot of empty sections because what I had didn't make the grade. Be a lot of backglasses in there, as each folder is set to be a one stop place for all resources for a particular table.

Still, wouldn't mind filling out some of those blank spots though. :)

@JonPurpleHaze,
Eh, sorry to bombard you with Q's lately, Jon.

So-- I noticed a bot trawling this post, and checked in to the thread. That's when I noticed Kevin's bonanza of backglasses shared, above.

I tried hitting Phoenixx old section, but the front page seems to be gone. He had evidently posted a bunch of material there (including said backglasses).

Happily, the direct links from his above post currently work when referred to by URL! (See quote below. I guess those are previews, anyway?)

Question, then-- is there a way to see the total content Kevin shared on his section, that still exists?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm moving this thread out of the 'VP Discussion' area in to "Real Pinball, General Pinball." We don't have a "Real Pinball" resources forum of the site at the present time, so this section will have to do.

I've also stickied the thread, both because of what an awesome project Flying Dutchman shared across the pin scene, but also because IMO having a high-quality backglasses repository is simply a great (necessary) thing for many projects across the pin scene (i.e. not just VP).

Sadly, a couple months back I tried drilling down in to the past, trying to find even a web-archive of FD's backglass project. Also, trying to figure out what the heck ever happened to him, anyway.

Almost all traces seems to be gone, now. :s

Ah well. But in terms of the raw images, I'm not a torrenter, so maybe there's a huge torrent resource of backglasses now that effectively replaces Flying Dutchman's?

Anybody know...?

Eh, sorry to bombard you with Q's lately, Jon.

So-- I noticed a bot trawling this post, and checked in to the thread. That's when I noticed Kevin's bonanza of backglasses shared, above.

I tried hitting Phoenixx' old section, but the front page seems to be gone. He had evidently posted a bunch of material there (including said backglasses).

Happily, the direct links from his above post currently work when referred to by URL! (See quote below. I guess those are previews, anyway?)

Question, then-- is there a way to see the total content Kevin shared on his section, that still exists?
Ha, I finally found the thread that I thought I received a notification about!

In the other thread I responded about Phoenixx's old subdomain, his index page was blank so no contents were displayed.
All of the files not in the Index of /backglasses folder are outdated and were used primarily as links to his old Visual Install Pack.
The backglasses are not previews, they are the files.

I just wanted to mention that we currently have a Pinball Machines/Graphics Resource category:

The Media section could also be used if needed:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back