For Amusement Only EM and Bingo Pinball Podcast Feed

For the first episode, I wanted to give a brief introduction and explain my interest in these wonderful amusement devices.
Episode 1 - Intro

Continue reading...

I discuss bingo resources, including Jeffrey Lawton's excellent bingo books (available on Amazon, or catch him at a show to snag a personalized autograph) the earliest bingos, and briefly talk about some gameplay innovations.
Episode 2 - Early Bingos

Continue reading...

I discuss the later 25 hole games, magic squares and magic screens. I describe in detail the typical magic screen gameplay flow. Lastly, I talk about some of the things you want to inspect before plugging in and turning on your brand new bingo machine.
Episode 3 - Magic Squares and Magic Screen

Continue reading...

Discussion of the Futurity game available on Bikini and Lido, as well as talk about teh various motors in a typical bingo, and the payout hoppers that can be installed.
Episode 4 - Futurity

Continue reading...

A special guest spot with one of my all-time favorite people. And our first correction!
Episode 5 - Guest Bounty

Continue reading...

I talk to myself about the purple section - only present on Silver Sails and Golden Gate. Putting three balls in this section would start a Golden Game, which moves the screen all the way to the left, and exposes several different gold sections. If you put two or three balls (depending on what is highlighted on the backglass) in the golden sections, you win the golden replays (single odds shown in a separate area of the backglass from the normal odds). I also discuss some more tech sections and begin moving to the more mundane - lamps, playfield parts, and pinballs.
Episode 6 - The Golden Game

Continue reading...

Opening the discussion on Mystic Line 20 hole bingo games. Tech segment discusses the difference in the cab between 20 hole bingos and magic screen and earlier bingos.
Episode 7 - Mystic Lines

Continue reading...

What are the star zones on a Mystic Line bingo for, anyway? How do you earn a red letter game? How do you even open a bingo? There's so many locks!
Episode 8 - Star Zones

Continue reading...

What's the best part of games from the 60's? Challenge, fun, artwork, gameplay? To me it's the variety. What to look for in an EM Tech: I talk about safety, steppers, coil sleeves, cabinet paint, and playfield lockdowns. I'm still experimenting with my audio software, I typically strip the silence and umms from the recordings, but I think it sounds like I don't breathe. I've adjusted a bit and allowed for some blank space. Work in progress!
Episode 9 - What's So Great About the 60's?

Continue reading...

In this episode, Double-Up breaks. I give a quick lesson in reading schematics, adjusting switches, and consulting the manual. I talk about the proper switch adjustment tool and how I'm a big scaredy cat when it comes to adjusting switches with the power on. I also talk about the method to replace a switch.
Episode 10 - Double-Up is Broken - Oh, No!

Continue reading...

Big thanks to the support of two of my favorite pinball podcasts - The Pinball Podcast with Don and Jeff and The Spooky Pinball Podcast, specifically the EM Dungeon segment. Thanks fellas! One ball horse racing games were made by Bally and were around for over a decade before the first bingo.
Episode 12 - Single Ball Horse Racing Games

Continue reading...

Discussion of hugely popular baseball-themed games from the 50s and 60s. I'll leave discussion of 1930's and 40's games for another episode.
Episode 13 - Pitch and Bat Games

Continue reading...

The devil is in the details, and carry-over switches are one detail that you can't ignore. Proper cleaning and adjustment allow for operation of the next higher score reel.
Episode 14 - Mini - Carry-Over Switches

Continue reading...

Jones Plug care and feeding and I work on Double-Up - fixing a couple of problems, and creating more! All this and lots of repeating myself.
Episode 15 - Double-Up fixin and Jones Plugs

Continue reading...

Double-Up is working now, but I re-learned the same lesson I've learned 1 million times already. The simplest answer is often correct.
Episode 16 - Double-Up Fixed and Fuses are Great

Continue reading...

Describing pictures is difficult. Beginning talk about what the symbols represent and what those devices do. I don't describe a switch in great detail, but will be doing so next time.
Episode 17 - Schematic Symbols Described

Continue reading...

Describing how to use the schematic for Pop-A-Card to troubleshoot both a scoring and a lamp problem.
Episode 18 - Using Schematics for Troubleshooting

Continue reading...

I talk to Steve Smith and give him wide berth to tell his view of how we met and how I fell in love with bingos. He discusses various topics, including differences between flipper vs. bingo pinball, playing on location as a kid, and how he got his first pinball. Forgive sound quality - I was sitting too far from the mic and didn't notice.
Episode 19 - Steve Smith Interview 3-29-15

Continue reading...

I talk with Ava about Pop-A-Card, the first game I purchased, and the machine that brought me my love of repairing and playing Gottlieb machines (all eras) and EMs and Bingos!
Episode 20 - Guest Pop-A-Card 3/30/15

Continue reading...

Woodrails gave us some of the toys and mechanical devices that we still use today. Tech talk: flippers - how to disassemble and rebuild. These same basic instructions apply to anything with an EOS switch (basically machines up to 1990ish).
Episode 21 - Woodrails and Flippers

Continue reading...

I talk about a toy invented in the woodrail era that is still in use today - the Pop Bumper. Tech: Changing pop bumpers, and how to increase pop safely (by cleaning).
Episode 22 - 90's DMDs

Continue reading...

How were Bingos persecuted in the United States? Why did Bingo production cease in the 80's? These and other questions answered in this episode.
Episode 23 - Bingos and the Law

Continue reading...

Talk about how EMs are able to determine the game state. Tech: How to properly adjust a relay, and when to hit it with a hammer (really)!
Episode 24 - Relays and Sequences

Continue reading...

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MMITG is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back