Future Pinball and BAM finding a new home

Currently GoPinball and Pinsimdb are loading fast.... and today for you viewing the top 5 posts are all
Spam posts...and zero input or advisements from moderators

Currently GoPinball and Pinsimdb are loading fast.... and today for you viewing the top 5 posts are all
Spam posts...and zero input or advisements from moderators

May I suggest you take steps to backup your guides? You know better where they all are, and it would be a shame to lose all that. Same for you George.

I noticed some improvement on both sites but have found load time to be very sporadic.

I vote we stay here. I just posted the latest version of MOTU and it was easier to do than anywhere I have ever tried.

I noticed some improvement on both sites but have found load time to be very sporadic.

I vote we stay here. I just posted the latest version of MOTU and it was easier to do than anywhere I have ever tried.

I agree with staying here but we can transition our stuff hopefully and invite others to join.
We don't have to burn the bridge to gopinball especially if Alex steps back in with enthusiasm as he was trying to port everything to a new setup and of course pinsimdb is the main archive of tables.

George do you still have the mega archival back up of tables ?

"Stay here"... doesn't have to mean to only come here. This site is great... but I wouldn't abandon GoPinball either. There's simply too much history and the main FP community is there. Hopefully the spam,etc will stop one day.

I'm on VPinball, vpforums, VPU, Gopinball and now here regularly. This isn't Highlander... there CAN be more than one. ;)

Each site tends to have something the others don't. It's common.

Ops!!! :eek:I repeated 2 times, so I delete one .

Last edited:
@Gimli @TerryRed @GeorgeH @Gin
I never give up on Gopinball, if it goes well here, I will also contribute here, but I speak for myself ... I can't speak for others.

I tried it too, it seems faster,( maybe I could now load my Charlie's Angel right now )...I sent an imail to Popotte (JP), he didn't answer me, but I think he did something .... I still trust our administrators ..... I think Alex will do a surprise to all of us..one day ,with the new GoPinball ...... and I hope soon.

I also wanted to mention that it isn't the "lack of moderators" but the lack of action on the administrators. Popotte and others can only do so much in the moderation view -- they cannot ban "spam bot" users or improve the new user registration process to filter out these spam bot users.

I would love to have the history of gopinball but the most important to me is that folks feel like there is a good sense of community. I agree with Terry that it doesn't have to be a "only one place" as well. It is helpful to know the best place to goto to hear about new changes or features in BAM/FP. Ideally I wouldn't have to go to 4 sites for that :)

thanks,
-mark

Hi Mark!
Good to see you...ya you are quite right I am a moderator at Pinsimdb and my sole job has been deleting spam but I am helpless to fix the lag issue. I requested mod privs on Gopinball to help with spam but no reply from the admins

@Gimli
Bob...
I inserted, CS ... when you can please publish it ... thanks

I also removed the spam, in plain sight, with my intervention, inserting this "*" ..... I do not conclude anything, but at least I do not see spam ... and I will continue to do so in all the places where they insert. ..for me it's a war.....i hate to see these niks .

@madmrmax
happy to see you here to.

Hi Guys

Not suggesting abandon gopinball, but having a second site, especially with the resources and capabilities of this one, is a very good thing as people have a place to go if/when gopinball has problems. As well, a lot of old vpers come here, and since fp/bam is far improved, people might actually consider adding it to their computers and enjoying the tens of thousands of fp tables without having to worry about compatibility.

Sorry haven't been around much, internet up here just hasn't been good, but hopefully soon things will be better. This site has a heck of a lot to offer, and one of the big things is we can reorganize things so it's a lot easier to find, and as you can see, the software is first rate and very expandable. GoPinball kind of is a disorganized mess right now, really tough to find stuff, but the nice thing here is since it's starting from scratch, we can do it properly.

BAM for example needs a proper setup, and multiple boards. over 240 pages in one thread just makes it impossible to find anything with all the noise there, Terry can have his own thread, we can move stuff so it's all in one place etc. The download system is just first rate, very easy to use as well. Just let us know what you need. JPH is here quite often as well, he can do a lot of server stuff, and Nic here as well. SteveOz and I are sort of semi-retired but between the 4 of us we will get it done pretty quickly.

I will be back soon enough, girlfriend willing that is, so in the meanwhile have a good look around, tell us what you think

I will be back soon enough, girlfriend willing that is
Sorry Paul, but I've never been good at keeping up with all your Indiana Jones references!

Attachments

• indiana-jones-feature-e1451523603198.jpg
    indiana-jones-feature-e1451523603198.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 123
I noticed you guys had discussed the new ball brightness option for the script on the new BAM version 290.

The download also has two plugins:

icom.dll
PupPlugin.dll

I noticed you guys had discussed the new ball brightness option for the script on the new BAM version 290.

The download also has two plugins:

icom.dll
PupPlugin.dll

@GeorgeH
Yes...George",ball brightness"
it is a new function that I asked rav, now you can also illuminate the ball, in "setlightdarknight mode", for those who use it, so the custom ball looks great now .... if you see in my Charlie's Angel, and the video that I put in Gopinball, you can understand about that.

with regards to the two plugins, I think they are things that Terry requested for his cabinet

OK. I just thought that there might me a chance that Terry had not noticed the plugins being saved to the installer.

Ball brightness is pretty cool, especially with dark tables. New version of JG has it, and will be in FPX next version. Come on Nic, Grow a backbone with my IJ references. :)

Thanks Ike Savage.....but before I replied your answer, let me say two words for ya
I don't consider myself a great builder, I have my limits, I'm not are some gopinball greats ... like Francisco666, Rom, smoke, Popotte, and other greats......it took me many years to get where I am for now.....so, I am a boy who has no hair on the tongue, so I speak very directly and seriously,and I always say what I think .

Now...I have seen your suggestions ...and I have seen very little about Bam,and I also saw some names, already known, alas but it's not a problem...but, right now,I do the tables with Bam, so if we don't use it, well .... it is useless that I put tables that nobody then downloads to play with, I don't know if you can understand me...

but I repeat it is not a problem, it could be solved in some way, I have some ideas about it, that I could do, but I don't know if it is feasible for all you..

Wild - I am just getting into FP as I have had VPX, FX2, FX3, and Zaccaria on my cab for about 1 1/2 years. From what I see in the FB forums, there are a lot of us now getting into FP because of BAM. I think you will find that when those installing FP discover Pinballnirvana they will be gravitating towards tables using BAM as they are so much more sophisticated. I think you should go fo it and put your stuff up here. My 2 cents, thanks.

Use both sites guys. Simple. A lot of vpers don't go to gopinball, but they do end up here. Gopinball is back up, think the server host reset the server, but 6 spam and one post.

Wild - I am just getting into FP as I have had VPX, FX2, FX3, and Zaccaria on my cab for about 1 1/2 years. From what I see in the FB forums, there are a lot of us now getting into FP because of BAM. I think you will find that when those installing FP discover Pinballnirvana they will be gravitating towards tables using BAM as they are so much more sophisticated. I think you should go fo it and put your stuff up here. My 2 cents, thanks.

I am happy for you, who have embraced fp / bam, and I hope that many of you will take into consideration, what you have achieved.
don't worry there will be others who will put their things.

Use both sites guys. Simple. A lot of vpers don't go to gopinball, but they do end up here. Gopinball is back up, think the server host reset the server, but 6 spam and one post.

sorry shiva, but the translator makes jokes about your comment, you could explain yourself better?please
"Use both sites guys"..... who are you referring to that you use both sites ?
"A lot of vpers don't go to gopinball, but they do end up here".....who are these vipers who don't go to pinball, but then end up here?

sorry shiva, but the translator makes jokes about your comment, you could explain yourself better?please
"Use both sites guys"..... who are you referring to that you use both sites ?
I think he means FP users should keep using both sites.

"A lot of vpers don't go to gopinball, but they do end up here".....who are these vipers who don't go to pinball, but then end up here?
VPers = VP users. I don't think he means snakes!

AFAIK there is very little VP content at GoPinball, therefore not much reason for VPers to go there... at least for VP content.

Attachments

• snakebite2.png
    snakebite2.png
    539.9 KB · Views: 99
"Just" 110 spams at 8:20 PM...

The spam stuff there is just horrible. With FP here now maybe we can convince some diehard vp players to give the bam tables a whirl. Hmm, be funny if we ported over some vp original games to FP instead of the other way around. ;)

The spam stuff there is just horrible. With FP here now maybe we can convince some diehard vp players to give the bam tables a whirl. Hmm, be funny if we ported over some vp original games to FP instead of the other way around. ;)

Ya with BAM now having the potential for using ROMs, someone from VP may be able to help us out with the ROM implementation coding....

Hate that idea. Don't want FP to turn into just another emulator and we all end up just doing hundreds of different versions of these games like vp/vpx. Sick of playing them after 20 years, would rather play original games that are brand new

I agree but that is the appeal of VP/VPX for many many people and it may bring some new creators our way if we can bridge that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back