getting started

Oh, right. That's an old installer that collects VP8 and some other stuff.

In any case, I couldn't get Greywolf's Captain Fantastic to give me an error in VP8. Next time you see that, why don't you screenshot the message or write it down and paste it back here.

I will try and screen save it now.

I am a 2nd time beginner.. I started this time on ir pinball. It was the only site I could remember. But it seems like there may be new sites with even newer games. I need to figure it out..

ok, when i open the game i get this error first.

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-02-12 202825.jpg
    Annotation 2019-02-12 202825.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 169
then when i clik ok, it brings up this error. clik ok and it shuts it down and goes back to the folder

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-02-12 202917.jpg
    Annotation 2019-02-12 202917.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 157
Oh, this issue again.

Go back to the Captain Fantastic entry at IRP and click on "WolfCams and emCORE" to download them. Unzip them in to your scripts folder and then try the table again.

Actually, here's the direct link if it helps you out:
http://irpinball.org/files/emCORE+WolfCams.zip

But it seems like there may be new sites with even newer games. I need to figure it out..
There's a lot of VP sites at this point.

When you have the time, I'd recommend googling sites that offer VPX (Visual Pinball 10) tables. Browse the various table screenshots until you find stuff you like.

VPX can be more work to get running correctly, especially if you want to run tables from the 80's onward. More effort for more reward, basically.

Future Pinball is roughly the same situation, so you might want to look at that, too.

NG on the link. I had tried both versions on the downloads..Thats cool, maybe I should try one of the newer versions you mentioned. What is newer than this Visual-install pack 8.1 - 2.1 +NT - 3c (1) exe.?

Also i wondered something. I remember hanging in the pinball rooms as a teen in the 70's. The 1st video game to take pinball space over was asteroids. Are there video games like asteroids that run on these programs.. thanks, jeff

> NG on the link.

"No go on the link?" Which link? That doesn't tell me much, and without details, I can't be of much help.

VP9 & VPX are newer, obviously. Note my suggestion earlier, to cruise such sites and take a look at the tables made with those versions. Probably best to just jump to VPX, really.

Arcade games run on different software, like MAME. You can also play a lot of the various games right in your browser, without having to install anything. For example: https://archive.org/details/internetarcade

Sorry for the confusion. I was away for a while. It was a captain fantastic link on the 1st page of this thread you sent I was trying to get going..No biggie on that game..!!

So, I will look for newer versions than what I have. Visual-install pack 8.1 - 2.1 +NT - 3c (1) exe. Would you have a recommendation for a good website with vpx and some newer games. I really don't want to go in some site and load up a virus or something..

Appreciate the help..!!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back