Glass Ball Set (8)

druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777
Here is a set of glass balls for those flipperless or original machines that require them. I am currently using the white and red glass balls for my Genco's Good Luck, 1932.

If you use these DO NOT CHANGE THEM FROM BMP TO JPG/JPEG. They have been tested in JPG/JPEG and don't look or work properly in this image type so leave them as they are. I even tried using PhotoBrush to make them to JPG/JPEG at 100% and they don't work.

They move fluidly across any WIP - they've all been tested and work wonderfully! :)

Each image is only 40kb large so they are small enough to add to any VP table. The entire zip is only 90kb. All 8 balls are here.

COLORS: Red, White, Black, Purple, Pink, Green, Orange and Light Blue.

d

Hope these help.

These are also uploaded to the gallery (anything / pinball related) in a RAR file for anyone that needs them later :)

Thanks again Will. Besides adding them to the gallery, you might upload them as a zip file to the Support Files section of Downloads.

Thanks again Will. Besides adding them to the gallery, you might upload them as a zip file to the Support Files section of Downloads.

John;

They are zipped in RAR format in the gallery. Just uploaded A TON of PC images as well. Check out my other post ;)

d

You're more than welcome - if I have ANYTHING I can find and send over to the gallery, rest assured I will ;)

NOTE: any of these ball images can be used in the "ball tracking DEMO" that was just posted not too long ago.

d

Just FYI!

If folks would like, I will make the demo with all the glass balls. Let me know.

d

Just for fun, here is the ball tracking demo with all 8 color glass ball images. The scripting has been updated a bit to help with keeping track of scoring and using the ActiveBall.UserValue command. Hope this helps! Enjoy folks!!!

Still, only the blue ball doubles it's score. To change any of this, read the script; I've added in REM statements where to add another ball for different points. Just cut and paste those lines below to add other ball values. Where there is a # icon, change it to the number corresponding to the activeball (first #) and the points (second #). Easy as pie. Remove the ' for REM on each of the three lines to make them active in the script :)

d

Thanks again Will. DL this one and plan to check it out to see if I can use it or something similar and an upcoming table that uses both right and left plungers.

Thanks again Will. DL this one and plan to check it out to see if I can use it or something similar and an upcoming table that uses both right and left plungers.

My pleasure John. Hope someone out there can use this. It's kind of fun to see all 8 different colored balls flying around the PF :p

d

I didn't add any of the three demos for the Ball Tracking Demo anywhere in PN so if you'd like to add them to the tutorials download section please do. I'm sure someone out there can use all three demos.

You know I had asked for that ball tracking demo, then realized that if I can't get the ball to hit certain targets, then maybe no one else can either! so, except for an occasional cheat wall, I just play my wip's as they are intended. but thanks for the glass balls, I can always use them for flippered pins, too, in captured ball areas or something similar.

You know I had asked for that ball tracking demo, then realized that if I can't get the ball to hit certain targets, then maybe no one else can either! so, except for an occasional cheat wall, I just play my wip's as they are intended. but thanks for the glass balls, I can always use them for flippered pins, too, in captured ball areas or something similar.

Faralos;

What you're asking to do is very easy. Set your target and give it a command for:

Sub Target#_Hit()
If ActiveBall.UserValue = # Then
ADD YOUR LINES HERE
End If
End Sub

Above, place the ball # (1 through whatever it was called via the trigger) and have it do what you want. Same for the target #. Then add the appropriate lines below that. If a particular ball hits that target, make it do what you want. If it's not the ball you want to do anything with the target then don't call the ActiveBall.UserValue. All the other balls are ignored.

No much to it. I didn't recall you asking for this demo, but glad I made it. Sorry about that Faralos. As long as you keep track of the activeball when it hits the activation trigger to activate the images called, you can make that ball do ANYTHING you want afterwards. Like if ActiveBall.UserValue = 1 (assume this is the blue ball made and kept track of) Then will allow you to control ANY item in VP once that ball is called up and that ball hits the item on the PF.

d

You do know that the only time you need cheat walls is to make sure a ball will physically go to the shot?
Any aspect of code etc can be tested using the "debug mode" - see VP9 user guide (page 29) for more details...written by Randy himself. (Link for those that don't yet have it - http://www.pinballnirvana.com/UpDownload-req-getit-lid-1944.html )

Or to move a ball anywhere on the table insert the code from this demo into your table: http://www.pinballnirvana.com/UpDownload-req-getit-lid-448.html

Regards,
Dan.

the only time I use cheat walls is when I must hit it to an upper level in one of my wip's! usually I haven't the patience to wait till I can get it up there so i place walls just so the ball doesn't drain too quick!

Here it is UPDATED again!

Now once a ball is at the kicker plunger, it tells you the number of the ActiveBall AND the color!

Another way to keep track of those pesky balls. Check out line 69 of the script. Only ONE LINE OF SCRIPT was used.

d

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Scapin is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back