Go Pinball Infected

Tii

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
All
something at Gopinball has tried to infect me 2 or 3 times,
my hard drive would go busy to the point I would have to
cut the power to stop it and reboot from scratch......

this is very sad Tii, I went there as well and walked away when I saw all those bots and trolls posting.

I have not experienced that yet.

This kind of thing is why I've been running a request blocker (uMatrix is my jam) for years. I prefer it to the ad-blocker extensions because this one is more comprehensive & exacting in its protection, and you don't have to worry about updating it on a regular basis.

Looked at GoPinball just now and didn't have a problem, but I have "Google Syndication" and "Google Analytics" blocked for their site (see attached). I'm thinking Google Syndication is responsible for running that Flash banner at the top of their site, and it's possible you got a Flash ad that tried to do something sketchy. I don't know why any site is still running Flash ads at this point.

@Tii,
I'm guessing that if you block Google Syndication for GoPinball, your problem goes away.

Attachments

• GoPinball.jpg
    GoPinball.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back