Gottlieb Solved Shaq Attaq (Gottlieb, 1995) left flipper problem

Duke Ferris

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Funhouse
Hi guys, I went to an open night in January at my local pinball museum and got hooked. Now guess what's in my basement?

Anyway, I bought a 1995 Gottlieb Shaq Attaq machine. I went online and gave it the full baby treatment with new rubber, waxed playfield etc... I want to do this right. It has been working great for the last two months.

However, for no reason I can find, the left flipper stopped working randomly last week for "selection".

The left flipper is strong and activates smoothly, but using the left flipper button doesn't register for either scrolling through the test menu, or for gameplay left/right choices.

I cleaned the contacts, just in case (it didn't work). So I have come here to ask wiser minds.

Thanks!

Solution
OK, I finally figured it out and will post the solution here just in case a future person is googling for it.

A wire had come off the lower left flipper solenoid, so the signal to activate the solenoid was reaching the solenoid, but that information was not being relayed to the board.

I soldered the wire back in place and viola.
OK, I finally figured it out and will post the solution here just in case a future person is googling for it.

A wire had come off the lower left flipper solenoid, so the signal to activate the solenoid was reaching the solenoid, but that information was not being relayed to the board.

I soldered the wire back in place and viola.

Solution
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back