Pinball Technician
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
target alpha
:welcome1: HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS :welcome1:

Enclosed is the 2013 EM MACHINE CENTERFOLD OF THE YEAR!! This is a 15 light-bulb modification on a Target Alpha machine. Notice the in-the-dark illumination which makes it so much better....

Any holiday projects? Pinball related 2014 New Year resolutions?? Start the 2014 Nirvana early!!!!

Best wishes to everyone for the New Year!

Attachments

• DSCI0247.JPG
    DSCI0247.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 488
Any holiday projects? Pinball related 2014 New Year resolutions??

Yes, more pinball......:cheers:
I was working on Target Alpha actually, but someone at vpf released their version using Popette's FP textures, which is what I had planned to use. He did a much better version than I could do, so I scrapped what I had in favor of his. I'm just glad it's built is really all.

Resolutions? More woodrails at the Rogue!

Hey! Where's that damn smiley Xmas tree? Ah, there it is! The best to all my pinball friends this holiday season! Including Sleepy, even though he hates me now. :xtree:

Now Ruby, I wouldn't call it hate. I would call it "Kiss of the Disney Cooties", with that remarkable patented "family-friendly condescension", while waiting for my release at the age of 60, though that has nothing to do with you.
It just tears me up to think about the decades that have come and gone, and I also admit to being out of topics atm.

Are you still in The Biz?

with my ancient computer I guess all I can do is build EM's
now that everyone is hopping on the cabwagon
and my drives can't take the newfangled stuff coming out of vp now
my only recourse is Em's...and my originals of course

Now Ruby, I wouldn't call it hate. I would call it "Kiss of the Disney Cooties", with that remarkable patented "family-friendly condescension", while waiting for my release at the age of 60, though that has nothing to do with you.
It just tears me up to think about the decades that have come and gone, and I also admit to being out of topics atm.

Are you still in The Biz?

Nope, no longer Biz-related. I'm sure hoping you had the best holiday possible and, as always, it's great to see you stopping by. When I saw this, it reminded me of how you met Tom Waits in that wonderfully-rundown theatre!

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/...terrific_little-known_late_70s_tv_documentary

I got this for Christmas!

Attachments

• Rogue1.jpg
    Rogue1.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 400
may you burn in hell for all eternity.

may your hard-grunted genetic fluids burn and acidify the very ground you traverse.

may you dopey collection of wankers ever grow up and post something good.

may you try to kiss me under the mistletoe so i can punch you in the face like cain velasquez, my hero.

may that loose, rampaging bear in cleveland not break in to my pad and repeatedly rape me, ignoring all the tasty bear treats i had previously laid out.

point is-- you all suck and you're a bun

Eh...

:cheers:

Attachments

• 30bff9633753af1139f04fbe66b03411e2d962e635e21b4609f4389ca2a14d91.jpg
    30bff9633753af1139f04fbe66b03411e2d962e635e21b4609f4389ca2a14d91.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 440
I was punched in the eye at gunpoint once, for saying to the dude, "Have a nice day".
He was dressed like a pimp.

Bon Jovi later used it for a song.

yea, he probably didn't feel like being mocked, eh?

so where the hell have you been hiding, sleepy? been trapped at the expense of a mining accident?

daily_picdump_1422_640_11.jpg

"Tom Waits For No One..."

View attachment 6035
Nope, no longer Biz-related. I'm sure hoping you had the best holiday possible and, as always, it's great to see you stopping by. When I saw this, it reminded me of how you met Tom Waits in that wonderfully-rundown theatre!

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/...terrific_little-known_late_70s_tv_documentary

Frank's Wild Years (For Frankie Z.)"

Well Frank settled down in the Valley
and hung his wild years
on a nail that he drove through
his wife's forehead
he sold used office furniture
out there on San Fernando Road
and assumed a $30,000 loan
at 15 1/4 % and put down payment
on a little two bedroom place
his wife was a spent piece of used jet trash
made good bloody marys
kept her mouth shut most of the time
had a little Chihuahua named Carlos
that had some kind of skin disease
and was totally blind. They had a
thoroughly modern kitchen
self-cleaning oven (the whole bit)
Frank drove a little sedan
they were so happy

One night Frank was on his way home
from work, stopped at the liquor store,
picked up a couple Mickey's Big Mouths
drank 'em in the car on his way
to the Shell station, he got a gallon of
gas in a can, drove home, doused
everything in the house, torched it,
parked across the street, laughing,
watching it burn, all Halloween
orange and chimney red then
Frank put on a top forty station
got on the Hollywood Freeway
headed north
Never could stand that dog

"Tom Waits For No One...And It Won't Wait For Me" This thread sums up how I feel as I circle the bowl towards the end of 2013. Tom Waits ... This video is perfect. Only Tom Waits would notice an ambulance and some Doppler shift could sound like "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"...Thanks

Attachments

• Tom Waits-Franks Wild Years.mp3
    3.7 MB · Views: 356
  • 01 - Tom Waits - Hang on St. Christopher.mp3
    3.8 MB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Yessir Ike. Mining accident with too much paint in the soils.
Paint is very slow to break down.

And yeah, I know. He didn't need to be "mocked".
The dude was out of dope.

well it's good that we got the straight story on both those events. certainly it would be pretty horrific if i was to talk to people around here and some unseen force of the cosmos forced them to respond honestly. :(

i'm guessing steve from oz would probably have to respond with a frenzy of flat-chested anime figures in order to remedy the situation.

brutal, no?

my GF would certainly not feel very threatened by those, at any rate. :D

and santa never got me anything!

On a related note, I made it home last night, just, think I had a few too many...got grazes on both knees, elbows, bruising and my little toe feels like I nearly broke it, lucky I had my helmet on..

Now that was brutal and my shirt was covered in cobwebs, god knows what I rode through...bikes ok though.

Should Auld Aquaintance Be Forgot.....? (See second subsequent post)

With the exception of this sentence, this post is intentionally left blank---so, proceed to the next post.

.....And Never Brought To Mind?

ABSOLUTELY!!

Some of them, that is. To all you other Acquaintances, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Gregg

Last edited:

On a related note, I made it home last night, just, think I had a few too many...got grazes on both knees, elbows, bruising and my little toe feels like I nearly broke it, lucky I had my helmet on..

Now that was brutal and my shirt was covered in cobwebs, god knows what I rode through...bikes ok though.
someone needs to hire a videographer to follow you around, mate. :cheers:

thank god i only had to wander from my buddy's place across the square back to mine.

:p\'n\'l: Steve, if you made a New Year's resolution not to come close to killing yourself on your bike in 2014, I would count that incident as breaking that resolution with the crack of a little toe snapping! Better luck in 2015!

Happy New Year and...

:welcome1: HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS :welcome1:

Enclosed is the 2013 EM MACHINE CENTERFOLD OF THE YEAR!! This is a 15 light-bulb modification on a Target Alpha machine. Notice the in-the-dark illumination which makes it so much better....

Any holiday projects? Pinball related 2014 New Year resolutions?? Start the 2014 Nirvana early!!!!

Best wishes to everyone for the New Year!
Yes it looks good/bright. Tell us more about this modification. What type of bulbs, Etc...

TARGET ALPHA MOD

when ever i shop a machine i look for places to add bulbs in playfield or head. when i got target alpha i saw a huge chance to add lots of bulbs where the manuf. didnt. i replace #44 bulbs and use and add #47 bulbs. 6 bulbs were added to top plastic and shooter arch, 1 bulb added to each slingshot, 3 bulbs added to side rubbers, and 4 bulbs added to 5 drop target bank, which was never lit. the 5 drop target bank and the top arch were the hardest to do because of socket mounting problems. along with the bulb mod , i modified the pop bumper and slingshot coils by removing 2 winding layers from each coil for added strength. left flipper button lane change. and a micro switch added to playfield near top arch, and wired to the 1st ball latch relay coil, to make the 1st relay ball relay work like a ball index relay. (that means that if you dont get any points on a ball you get to play it over without penalty, not just 1st player 1st ball only.)

TOM WAITS REPRISE

View attachment 6035

Frank's Wild Years (For Frankie Z.)"

Well Frank settled down in the Valley
and hung his wild years
on a nail that he drove through
his wife's forehead
he sold used office furniture
out there on San Fernando Road
and assumed a $30,000 loan
at 15 1/4 % and put down payment
on a little two bedroom place
his wife was a spent piece of used jet trash
made good bloody marys
kept her mouth shut most of the time
had a little Chihuahua named Carlos
that had some kind of skin disease
and was totally blind. They had a
thoroughly modern kitchen
self-cleaning oven (the whole bit)
Frank drove a little sedan
they were so happy

One night Frank was on his way home
from work, stopped at the liquor store,
picked up a couple Mickey's Big Mouths
drank 'em in the car on his way
to the Shell station, he got a gallon of
gas in a can, drove home, doused
everything in the house, torched it,
parked across the street, laughing,
watching it burn, all Halloween
orange and chimney red then
Frank put on a top forty station
got on the Hollywood Freeway
headed north
Never could stand that dog

"Tom Waits For No One...And It Won't Wait For Me" This thread sums up how I feel as I circle the bowl towards the end of 2013. Tom Waits ... This video is perfect. Only Tom Waits would notice an ambulance and some Doppler shift could sound like "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"...Thanks
I sent this post out to some friends in an e-mail.This update is because of their questions. 'Ray' wanted to know if Tom Waits played "Mr. Renfield" in 1979 version of 'Dracula'... I and IMDB don't know...I Guess his dad is the 'Frank' he goes on about. His mention of one of my heroes WILLIAM BURROWS give me an excuse to send out another song. William Burrows answer and collaboration with LAURIE ANDERSON'S >"Sharkeys Day" it's "SHARKEY'S NIGHT"...C_S
Laurie Anderson ♫ Sharkey's Night (feat William S. Burroughs) - YouTube

SOME WAITS' TRIVIA>>>>>

Uses a large collection of electric megaphones to create unusual tonal effects on his recordings. One of his favorites is a 1944 vintage issued by the US Navy Bureau of Ships, manufactured by Guided Radio Corp. of New York.
Shops at hardware stores for items to be used as percussion instruments.

Owns obscure and custom made instruments such as a Chamberlin Music Master 600 (an analog synthesizer manufactured in the 1960s) and a photon clarinet ("[It] sounds like a keyboard lobster dying on a campfire.").

He converted a 4 cubic yard metal box (intended as a debris dumpster) into a musical instrument called a "Strata Dumpster" (aka "Dumpstalele"). He cut a 2 foot hole into one side, and streched seven piano strings across it, fastening them with two welded bridges. The strings can be plucked, strummed or bowed. He describes the sound as "trainlike and huge, like trash day with a purpose."
T
Is a good friend of Keith Richards who makes frequent appearances as a guitarist on his records.

His father, Frank, was a teacher at the largest high school in Los Angeles, Belmont High School.

Beyond the aforementioned Bob Dylan and Captain Beefheart, Waits is a big fan of Frank Sinatra, Thelonious Monk, the Rolling Stones, Gavin Bryars, the Lounge Lizards, The Pogues, Leonard Cohen, Little Richard, James Brown, Frank Zappa, Elvis Costello, Paul Simon and Prince. His number one favorite album of all time "In the Wee Small Hours" by Sinatra.

Personal Quotes >>>>>

Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends.

No, I don't have a drinking problem except when I can't get a drink.

I like to walk out of a restaurant with enough gas to open a Mobil station.
I hate Disneyland. It primes our kids for Las Vegas.

If Michael Jackson wants to work for Pepsi, why doesn't he just get himself a suit and an office in their headquarters and be done with it?

All hardware items must be admired for their sonic properties: pitchforks, egg beaters, crowbars, fireplace grates, shovels, anvils, rebars [the structural reinforcement rods used in poured concrete], trash cans - the list goes on and on and they're all waiting to be played.

Commercials are an unnatural use of my work ... it's like having a cow's udder sewn to the side of my face. Painful and humiliating.

I knelt at the altar of Ray Charles for years. I worked at a restaurant, and that's all there was on the jukebox.

The blues is like a planet.

I love Burroughs (William S. Burroughs). He's like a metal desk. He's like a still, and everything that comes out of him is already whiskey.

:pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint:

Attachments

• Laurie Anderson&William Burrows - Sharkey's Night.mp3
    3.4 MB · Views: 367
Last edited:
what a amazing, awesome post. cool stuff. are you guys done fighting now?

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: chayaan is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back