Help Deleting Post

Coil_Smoke

Pinball Pusher
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Dr Dude & His Exelent Ray
My last post to the General Pinball forum/hitchers guide thread may be causing problems. I can't edit or delete it. The page just hangs when I hit edit.. Please delete my "Test" post. I was trying to figure how a thumb/image cam be inserted without it being hosted on the web.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have soft deleted your test post and should be able to restore it, if need be. I had no issues deleting it, though I do have full administration rights, so never thought it would be otherwise, though I see no issues with that post here or your prior post either?

I can most likely edit your prior post or any post for that matter given my administration rights, although I've no idea why you cannot edit any post you make yourself, Jon, JPH the site owner maybe able to elucidate further.

No poster can delete any posts, though they should have no issues editing any posts they create.

Hold on a minute, Steve. You're saying that there's something going on with this site that you can't fix? Well, now I've lost my faith in mankind. Yeah, where the hell is JPH? It's been awhile since he's come over and put his feet up, and he's always fun to chat with.

Yeah, I saw Coil_Smokes post yesterday and it appeared as though he had edited it successfully by then so I just left it alone. SteveOz is correct, regular users can't delete posts, but can edit them, a long time ago post deletion was enabled but we had 1 user that deleted bunches of his own posts and it just left a bunch of threads that made no sense.

Hold on a minute, Steve. You're saying that there's something going on with this site that you can't fix? Well, now I've lost my faith in mankind. Yeah, where the hell is JPH? It's been awhile since he's come over and put his feet up, and he's always fun to chat with.

Rube's, I pretty much just kill all the spambots that register here, on a daily basis I might add. I don't go into the forum admin options, except for search and destroy bot missions, unless I really have to.

That said I did fix this issue because there was nothing to fix. ;)

It did fix something. For a while Chrome would say 'AW Snap!' and run away from that thread.

How Do Them 'Ol Timers Do That ?

Thanks...I was trying to get a photo stored on my computer to display in that post. Can that be done ? As a test I hit submit. That caused my browser to freeze. Trying to edit the post did the same thing. After that PN site was taking 5 minutes to load a page. I thought it may be doing something to the forum....Anyway , is it possible to display an image file from one's hard drive? They show in the composing field when dragged and dropped. But the image is gone when the post is up-loaded.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw Coil_Smokes post yesterday and it appeared as though he had edited it successfully by then so I just left it alone. SteveOz is correct, regular users can't delete posts, but can edit them, a long time ago post deletion was enabled but we had 1 user that deleted bunches of his own posts and it just left a bunch of threads that made no sense.
The Forum looks like it allows deleting your reply. When you hover over the edit button it still says EDIT/DELETE MESSAGE...

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back