how do i get rid of that ennoying sound when i press 1 and hit the bumpers on a new

Still, you guys are handing me idea left and right, all stuff to sit down over a bourbon and contemplate. It's like it was back when I was telling a PLC what I wanted; I just got to sit myself down and pen out what I want done.

As for the syntax, what I've learned so far:

-Anything can be used as a "location" for a sub, provided it ain't a math deal.
-Math variables MUST be "Dim"ed or it don't do jack. You get all sorts of errors.

Like I said, I haven't played with Basic of any sort for decades, it's time to teach a very old mutt a new trick or seven.

Too, Sleep? As this thread's wandered way off....should I post the table up on FP WIP instead? Get back on target, so to speak?

In the meantime, I'll be thinking over a few. Lots to dream up, and you guys are inspiration itself and I do thank you!

-B

FP is different, but not vastly different. Bulbon=light.state=1. Just a matter of learning the syntax. I just haven't done it yet.

what really sucks is when I first started
I started in FP then switched to vp when
I found many more table builders three years ago were using vp
rather than fp and of course everything I learned in fp is forgotten

All data requires a storage space, numbers, text, bitmap images, etc.,
but the thing is, VB Script simplifies the normal naming conventions of variables.

In VB Script, all numbers are automatically converted to the Double format, and if anything, you'll need to use methods provided by VB Script to convert them to any other specific numerical format. For instance, there is a FormatNumber method for parsing a specific numerical as you need one, for instance a Score with a Comma for points in the thousands, and there is also a FormatCurrency for formatting a number to Dollars and Cents, or to other currencies.

These are in the Microsoft VB Script language, not provided by VP or FP.
You can use these in VP or FP.

Another simplification is that a Dim can accept text. Dims are not number specific.
A Dim can accept numbers and text, and similar values from other Dims.

For numbers, create the Dim

Dim WhateverNameYouLike

For numbers, then just apply the value, for instance:

WhateverNameYouLike = 10

For text:

WhateverNameYouLike = "Whatever text would you like?"

Add parenthesis around text and numbers to be treated as text to pass the value to a Dim as text.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back