I need help

absolutebeginner

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
FULL
I am a new user of pinball emulator. I dowloaded visual pibnball pack Version 8.1 2.1+NT, 3 I downloaded my favourite pinballsI installed the program and... I viewed the pinballs but I cannot play them because my laptop keyboard seems not to be recognized. A simple question: did i do something wrong? What is (are) the problem(s)??? My OS is windows 7.
I downloaded future visual pinball as well but it is same, not charge the pinball... may you help me? Thanks

If the tables are VPinMame recreations of modern solid-state computerized pinball machines, such as the newer ones built since 1976 that use an electronic display for the score, then be sure to download two files.

(1) The Table file which you UNZIP to the VP \Tables folder.
This is the file that contains the pinball table that you see and play on the screen in Visual Pinball.

(2) The specific ROM.zip file for the game, which you download to the \Pinball\Roms folder. Keep this ROM.ZIP file ZIPPED!
This ROM.zip file contains the original computer code that is used by the actual pinball machines for display, for sounds, and for game control, and is used here to do the same things.

You can find the ROM.zip for the table by searching for the name of the pinball machine here:

www.ipdb.org

Download the PINMAME version. If you need to know the name of the ROM to use, run the table in Visual Pinball. You will get an error screen when you do not have the correct ROM.zip file for the specific table.
Read the error screen and look for the correct ROM name to download.
The error screen will list the correct ROM name.
Then go to ipdb and download the ROM.zip from there.

Last edited:
If the tables are VPinMame recreations of modern solid-state computerized pinball machines, such as the newer ones built since 1976 that use an electronic display for the score, then be sure to download two files.

(1) The Table file which you UNZIP to the VP \Tables folder.
This is the file that contains the pinball table that you see and play on the screen in Visual Pinball.

(2) The specific ROM.zip file for the game, which you download to the \Pinball\Roms folder. Keep this ROM.ZIP file ZIPPED!
This ROM.zip file contains the original computer code that is used by the actual pinball machines for display, for sounds, and for game control, and is used here to do the same things.

You can find the ROM.zip for the table by searching for the name of the pinball machine here:

www.ipdb.org

Download the PINMAME version. If you need to know the name of the ROM to use, run the table in Visual Pinball. You will get an error screen when you do not have the correct ROM.zip file for the specific table.
Read the error screen and look for the correct ROM name to download.
The error screen will list the correct ROM name.
Then go to ipdb and download the ROM.zip from there.

Sleepy, I am sorry but i don't understand. First question, what is the difference between rom and table? Where i can download rom and tables? What are the specific files? I downloaded and installed the visual pinball pack with pinmame included, i can see the pinballs but i am not able to play them because the keyboard does not respond to the commands for example 5 to insdert coins, etc etc etc
As you can see i am a really beginner... thanks a lot for your help.

Here's the difference. The rom is the computer chip on the logic/sound board of the real game. The table is the actual game.

Keep in mind guys he has vp8, there is no .exe to click on. You doubleclick the blue button.

well that changes everything!!
make sure though you only get the vp8 pins
vp9's tend to not work in vp8
tables get unzipped and put into the table folder
roms STAY ZIPPED and must go into the rom folder
any vbs files also must go into the table folder
any other probs just post and someone will help ya'

well that changes everything!!
make sure though you only get the vp8 pins
vp9's tend to not work in vp8
tables get unzipped and put into the table folder
roms STAY ZIPPED and must go into the rom folder
any vbs files also must go into the table folder
any other probs just post and someone will help ya'

Ok, but what are the extensions of rom and the extension of table? Because I don't know how to recognize the ones and the others.

Roms don't have any extensions they are listed as roms
tables tend to be much larger and are labeled as such
any vbs files go into the table folder as shown in the pic
you can also go here to get the various roms for the pins
http://www.vpforums.org/
click on Visual Pinball in the menu at the top of the page
then scroll down to where you see ROMS
then hit the letter that the pin starts with for that rom listing
scroll down the pages until you find the rom you need
most roms tend to be around ten KB in size
whereas tables are usually around 10 MEGS to start with
going up to over 100 megs in size in some rare instances

Attachments

• Roms.JPG
    Roms.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 312
  • tables.JPG
    tables.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 334
About the .exe. The installer should have created a Pinball folder.
Inside of this Pinball folder you should see a vpinball8.1.exe file, or an .exe with a similar vpinball.exename. If your computer is using Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8, then Right-Click on the vpinball.exe that you will be running the table with and select Run as Administrator. You only need to do this once as Windows will remember the setting until the OS or the program is uninstalled or reinstalled.
NOTE: The installer will create two different versions of the vpinball.exe
which you can identify by the complete name, i.e., vpinball.exe and vpinball8.1.exe.

The table file has the extension .vpt.
Example: FlashGordon.vpt

The ROM needed to run the Bally Flash Gordon table is made available as a .ZIP file.
Example: flashgdn.zip Keep this ROM file ZIPPED, else the table will not run.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back