StevOz

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
TMNT
Not bad for a 51 year old hacker, 81 off the stick on an 11 handicap..won a bottle of The Black Douglas Premium, sipping it now.
wink.png

http://www.golflink.com.au/handicap-..._No=6680700001

That was Saturday, today I won again!

That's two in a row, shot 79 off the stick this time, for 40 stableford points now down to a 10.6 handicap. :)

Nice!! Congrats Steve!

My lowest for 18 is 81, thought I thought I was going to break 80 but I screwed it up.

Congrats, Steve.

Last week I bowled for the first time in years. Got a 199. Should have gone over 200 easy, but too much clowning around with friends.

Thread is full of champions.

Last edited:
Have not bowled in years and usually only went there for the pinballs and video games, that said I rarely got to 200, 170 odd was usually a good game for me, I'd have to say 199 seems a good score to me, congrats!

170+ are good scores for a non-league bowler, which includes me as well. I can't even throw a hook without injuring my wrist, haha.

Guess you're a pretty good athlete across sports, with credit to your active lifestyle. That's a big part of my own plan, in particular.

Last edited:
When bowling, does using wrist straps help at all?
For some reason I have thin wrists, though I was born with moderately thick bone structure. Mostly my thick skull, with Jacob Bronowsky brows.
In times past, I though myself to be very Neanderthal, but really alright. :trippy:

And oh yeah. Great score StevOz! Cheers! :)

Yeah, they make wrist braces just for bowling. I did try one once, but it was just too much trouble for this occasional bowler.

If you can maintain a certain amount of controlled randomness, you can just straight-bowl the lead pin and still get plenty of strikes.

Last edited:
I'm right-handed so I've always aimed between the "15" and the "10" marks right side of dead center on the lane guides.

I do something like that if my release gets too consistent, else it's nothing but splits.

I also fool around with bowling from the corners, aiming just off the center pin, as a way of simulating a hook with a straight ball. Still hard for me to get the angle right, however.

Some people use two hands to roll a hook, like in basketball how the off-hand steadies the shot. Feels pretty awkward to me, tho.

Looks like a total grandpa shot, too. :lol:

Last edited:
And I aim the first ball of the frame to hit right between the 1-3 pins.
Bowling is like the break shot in pool with the actions and reactions.

I noticed someone looking at this thread, and am curious if you're still golfing, @StevOz.

Too bad the original link was lost.

Since losing my job at the Country Club due to it being shutdown by CV19 restrictions for several months, no golf these days.

It's not all bad I have had 2 hole in ones, so bucket list completed and was on the decline as far as my abilities go.

Since my parents passed on a few years ago I was fortunate to inherit enough to buy my own modest house.

It's not where I used to live and work as places there were way too costly. Still it's got everything I need with in bicycle distance and the weather is just as good being about 80 km north.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: GotBrawndo is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back