It would be nice if :awaken:

sleepy

Pinball Wizard
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Titanic Hospital
a user's Profile Page included a list of links to tables authored by the user that are available for download, so when there is a table release by the user, just click on his/her name, go to the profile page and click from the list for a direct download of the table...no more searching.

To make that process easier might mean the user puts a check in a checkbox to include the table in his/her download list when uploading the table to the site.
A script (hack ?) would then add the upload to the user's list of table links.

Upvote 0
That wouldn't be a bad idea if it's possible. Right now my new stuff isn't being added to the search results on my username.

a user's Profile Page included a list of links to tables authored by the user that are available for download, so when there is a table release by the user, just click on his/her name, go to the profile page and click from the list for a direct download of the table...no more searching.

To make that process easier might mean the user puts a check in a checkbox to include the table in his/her download list when uploading the table to the site.
A script (hack ?) would then add the upload to the user's list of table links.
Unfortunately, this isn't possible with the current postnuke downloads system with vbulletin. I actually was working on a replacement vbulletin based d/l section
which would do this and had many more excellent features but it was put on hold.
That wouldn't be a bad idea if it's possible. Right now my new stuff isn't being added to the search results on my username.
Per my PM, the current downloads section does not search the authors field, only titles and whatever is in the text area.:oops:

And a big OOps here.
I didn't realize when I posted *this new idea* that it was already being done at vpforums.org,
and I don't want to give the impression that *I ripped it*.

And a big OOps here.
I didn't realize when I posted *this new idea* that it was already being done at vpforums.org,
and I don't want to give the impression that *I ripped it*.
Dude, you had a heart of purest GOLD, like I've never seen before in my life. It really was extraordinary.

You were always thinking about how to help a particular person, or the site / scene as a whole.

Unfortunately, across the years, I've suffered some real stretches of 'head-up-yon-arse' syndrome, and I wasn't as thankful as I could have been. You've passed now, while I still seem to be (weirdly) alive, but I just wanted to THANK YOU for being so excellent to me and many, many others across the scene, over the years.

Thank you, Arne!! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back