Made a start on a Flash Gordon re-work...

scapino

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
My version of Flash Gordon needs some love, so I'm re-doing it.

I'll start by re-drawing the playfield graphic.

Here's the first WIP....

FlashGordonWIP01.jpg

Kurt

Ah,...one of my absolute favorites.

Had the great honor to play one of these in brandnew factory-fresh condition,...man what an unforgettable feeling. I remember it was also the first machine to have the new 1/1 - 2/3 - 5/10 (DM/Credits) pricing scheme. This kind of sucked because before FG it used to be 1/2 - 2/5 - 5/14, and money was of course always short back then. (Thats probably why i remember it so well.) I think it was also the first Bally machine i played that had speech. (Not to mention a simply awesome set of synthsounds, of course.)

Great to see youre redoing it,...if you want me to playtest it, just send me a copy this time,...:birthdayboy:

I'll put you on "the list", Phoenixx!

Thanks!

Kurt

Nice start,Kurt.
Waiting for the final product. :thumleft:

Oh man another Scapino Masterpiece! now I can't concentrate on anything else! A great table I agree, how long does it usually take you to create your pins, out of curiousity?
I'm also available to playtest it!! (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

Thanks, Pete and faralos.

There isn't any "usual" amount of time for any table. I can do a simple one in 2 weeks, or a very complicated one like Cirques Voltaire can take a whole year... :)

To be fair, though, I have a real life job which takes priority over my VP hobby, so I do get pulled away from working on a table for a month at a time.

Kurt

I can't fix a problem that I can't re-produce. I can't get the ball to leave the ramp on my machine. I could do something that MIGHT fix the problem, but I would have no way of knowing wether it did or not.

When I get time, I'll do just that, but in all liklyhood, after I release it with the fix, I'll get reports that it isn't fixed. I'd like to see the problem on my own machine, so I could know when its truly fixed or not...

Kurt

Thanks for your reply Kurt!

About time you decided to improve this one Kurt. :)

I can hope that I can take it off my list and not have to make my own version for myself now.

The lower playfield graphic is pretty much done. Here it is mapped and drilled in 3D.

I can put some clean up touches on it without changing the 3d model.

FG2009WIP02.jpg

Now to do the top playfield....

Kurt

Looking good Kurt :D
Can't wait to play the finished product...
Can I request that sometime in the near future you recreate another 70's
table like JOKER POKER or SUPER SPIN or HIT THE DECK???
Would love to see a SCAPINO version of one of those..... or FACES or Gottleib's GRAND SLAM from 1972, I don't think anyone's done a recreation of those 2.
Here's hoping and keep up the great work,

Matt :)

Oh Yeah ...I forgot one , VULCAN , even though Eula's done a fantastic recreation I'd love to see a SCAPINO version of that one too from 77...

Cheers,
Matt :)

LOL I remember playing Flash Gordon at an arcade in a neighboring town and didn't know the lockhole in the center of the playfield altered it's kicking direction and how hard it kicks at a given moment at that time. I thought that part of the machine was busted! :D

I finished the upper playfield base, and added the GILights.

Here's the WIP...

FG2009iwp03.jpg

Kurt

looking great scapino!
and also, i hate to bother u with requests but these tables deperatelly need to be remade, id like to request 3 tables, Slick Chick, black hole, and haunted House (all gottlieb)
Slick chick wouldnt be much of a hassel but i figure haunted house would be the most time consuming,

also cant wait till this table is done, your always the best in making the most beautiful tables and flash gordon really is a good one

Thanks, Rudy. I'd like to do Haunted House as well.

Kurt

Finished ribbed posts, some rubbers, and started on the plastics.

Also re-modeled the GILamps (they have some internal detail now, and a post render glow.)

FG2009iwp04.jpg

Kurt

Did the ramps and a couple more plastics today.

FG2009iwp05.jpg

Kurt

I am tearing up just from ogling it! i can't wait to play yet another gorgeous masterpiece from the great gaming god himself, I'll probably just have a nervous breakdown then, :p

It would be quite difficult to play while your in the loonie bin, faralos! :) Better put your breakdown on hold.....

Most of the stuff is done. Just need to re-draw the apron graphic, and do the inserts and playfield lights, as well as nuts and screws.

FG2009iwp07.jpg

Kurt

Finished the playfield lights. Now only need to do some more hardware, and some light and texture tweeking.

Then I have to start arranging the backglass images.

FG2009iwp08.jpg

Kurt

Today I finished a preliminary backglass image composition.

FG2009iwp09.jpg

Kurt

Great work, looks very good:)!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: GeorgeH has posted a new reply in the thread "Sounds library".
      Back