My apologies and a few screenshots

druadic

"The old things always defeat the new"
I wish to apologize to everyone for not staying in the loop. No need to explain my medical issues so here are the screenshots. They're coming soon.

PS: Please let me know if you wish to see different backgrounds for each table. I found these to be the most enjoyable.

PPS: I know quite a bit of work is still required to finish these, but thought folks would like to see what I've been up to.

Attachments

• MatChaSkorSCREENIE.jpg
    MatChaSkorSCREENIE.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Fan-Tan SCREENIE.jpg
    Fan-Tan SCREENIE.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 35
  • TheRitz SCREENIE.jpg
    TheRitz SCREENIE.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 33

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
Wow...

Yeah Will, I think it's safe to say you remain the scene's resident genius at matching cool new backgrounds to classic tables. Really, there's gotta be some industry out there that would love to have your talents, I'm just not sure what it would be!

The one thing I'm not crazy about here is that some of the games look like they're almost made out of grey cardboard due to the fadedness of the source pics. Particularly Peo's "Mat-Cha-Skor."

Where that's an issue with these games, maybe you could increase color saturation a little bit on the table while decreasing it a bit with the background? At least that should help balance things out, anyway.

Also, maybe this pic helps out with the first game. Nice forest-green color scheme, eh?

Anyway, thanks for checking in with these cool projects. As a history-buff kind of guy, there's always nice to see. Also, hope you're as well as possible, and that the new job's working out...

Last edited:

druadic

I have that image you posted as well Ike. Like I said, I still have a bit of a way to go with the images and have to redraw them a bit better. Takes time. Mat-Cha-Skor will be the first play field I redraw completely, but all the scripting, holes and the rest are already done. I hope it comes out just as nice as the other tables but I plan on taking the image you posted and using the colors from it and redrawing the label and "match it" areas so they look nice and crisp.

I lost the job thanks to my friend who thought it was funny to fake C19, so taking him to the hospital, getting tested with him and not being able to return for five days, the company fired me as well as him. I figured it was coming since my boss and his boss (we were both in separate departments at the same place) said there were layoffs coming but I had no idea it would be so fast. I'm glad I got the test anyway and it came out clear. Amazingly, my friend actually got C19 one moth later. He refuses to even call me and acts so miserable over the phone. You know it's funny, I have been trying to get SSDI now for the third time but have never complained; I just keep filling out the documents and sending them in.

Anyway, I plan on redrawing the label and center area for Fan-Tan as well. Like I said, it takes time but the table plays and the holes work. PS: I also have to add the metal to hold the balls up in the holes. Silly me if I forgot that.

Piffle is far from finished but plays and the white marble scores double. Everything works. The Ritz is a basic skill game as you fire the balls upward into the play field to gain cards. It's pretty interesting. The card labels and the ball images at the top need to be removed otherwise this game is playable already. All the games play but they all need to be cleaned up.

Anyway, glad you like them. Just wanted to post to folks who still like these. Of course I can't stand undrawn images or play fields before releasing a table. Makes an author not only look lazy but to a point where they don't care how they look. Kind of sad.

Thanks for the post. Will talk soon.

druadic

Btw, just saw this. Dunno if it helps you, but:

I already have a program that does this but can't remember the name. It's NOT easy to use but GIMP for Windows does just fine. I plan on redrawing everything by hand anyway making it look ray traced and more intense. I'll check the link out though, who knows and thanks.

druadic

PS: Mat-Cha-Skor uses AIR to propel the ball up and into the spiral playfield, but I used a plunger hidden and an "air release" sound for it. It's really interesting Peo made this machine that way. I found it to be very interesting. PS: I also have to add the spinning "Match It" disc underneath the hole when each game plays and I would like to add a matching counter with games played. Like I said I do have a way to go with some of these. I'm just having fun playing them as they are but the redrawing takes me a long while but is worth it once the tables are completed.

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
Still blows my mind how a significant portion of the country still takes CV19 as some kind of 'fake science - liberal joke.' Like-- do you people really value your hotshot attitude over plain facts & reality, all the way to being laid down in to your damn coffins?

Friggen' unbelievable...

But yeah, I came down with a strain of CV19 back in Summer and am still trying to get myself right. I'd be borderline terrified these days going out in public and dealing with all the slackitude, other than knowing (by the science) that I'm pretty much immune to reinfection by any future strain of covid.

But man, I can't imagine the constant stress the vulnerable people have to deal with day after day. Also, and unfortunately, I can easily imagine someone saying after awhile of this shite-- "Yeah, I don't care anymore, just thrust me in to a room full of symptomatic people... I'm sick of living my life this way!"

re: SSD,
I'm terrible at forms and bureaucracy, and it was only when my stepdad pulled me out of my funk and got me an advocate lawyer that my case finally went somewhere.

Understand, with America's medical system being primarily a for-profit system since the time of Nixon, it's not enough anymore just to be obviously ill. Now you almost have to cost them more money when the system refuses to give you care. All the other first-world nations pretty much fixed this long ago, yet here we are still in the stone age, in America. Hence, why a lawyer-advocate can be utterly invaluable in these matters.

druadic

Amazingly my adjudicator for my SSDI has been pushing my doctors and hospital to send her some documents. THREE TIMES I've gotten letters from her to have me call her within 10 days time, but it was nice to get a hold of her and explain some things. I think she's more frustrated at my doctors than anyone else since I signed a waver to allow ALL documents to be sent to SSDI and it is good for year but my doctors just want to honor it. I'm almost at my snapping point but she assures me she's going to write to all the places both doctors practice to get their attention. This helps and it shows how dedicated she is. She really is a nice person and I've talked with her for 30 minutes each time I call her or she calls me. Perhaps I'll get a bit further with getting SSDI than with my previous two other WORTHLESS adjudicators. Who knows.

Been working on Mat-Cha-Skor a bit; adding some pins where they should go and fixing the top metal piece to allow the ball through once it passes through it. Will be tackling the play field image soon as I have even more images that are so nice and clean they'll look great once copied and pasted to the play field. Hope to get this one done soon as I've counted over 60 WIP tables and some of them IPDB (approximately 20 of them) don't even have images. I find it hard to believe IPDB don't have the images I do. This should get interesting I hope.

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
Ah, that's maddening.

I can't help but think there might be a way to get a better response from the docs. The subs below come to mind. You could also just search them (use Google, not Reddit) to see prior advice for a person in your boat:

https://www.reddit.com/r/disability/
https://www.reddit.com/r/SocialSecurity/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskDocs/
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Ask_Lawyers/

The nice thing about subs like that is that they're a great way to get direct, personalised feedback, as opposed to endlessly searching for the right info, which can get tiresome.

If you decide to post yourself, I'd recommend using a throwaway account.

Also, be aware that there are plenty of amateurs mixed in with the professionals, so it's good to get multiple responses to help confirm various answers.

druadic

Hello Anthias. Nice to see you too. I've been away from VP for a few months due to problems OTHER than just my health but glad to see you just the same. Currently working on another table I have not shown above. Won't be long I hope. LOVE this table as it's been so fun just to get this one going.

Keep in touch.

druadic

Piffle is coming along nicely. Redrawing the label at the moment and have to redo the playfield a bit otherwise this one is close.

druadic

I'm sorry I have not been posting or around folks. Forgive me. With me moving February 1st and what happened at VPF a few months ago I've been out of the loop. I've uploaded Contact Master, 1934 by PAMCO for VPX 6. Enjoy the game.

It is the "widemouth" version of the table. I will be getting the "thinmouth" version up asap after I get other tables done for another website that does not want to be known. They have TOP priority and then Rogue and Pinball Nirvana.

I can only share what they give me permission to share with Rogue and Pinball Nirvana. They have given me permission to share Contact Master with you otherwise I would not have uploaded it. They also have told me NOT to let other authors know about them. Sorry about that, but they are a pre-war group and not one that is very common, but they have over 10,500 members. It's even bigger than Pinside.

Enjoy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    @ Todd: Hey hey hey!