Nail Images

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Somewhere we had discussed finding nail images for use with Shockman's BagatelleVP project, as well as being able to add such an image to walls/bumpers. I did a search for nails, and found about a dozen. Most of them will need to be cropped and rotated, but maybe someone with more skill than I have could do something with a few of them. I'll eventually see what I can do, but decided to offer them here for anyone else to work on them.

Attachments

• Nails.zip
    313.8 KB · Views: 399
amazing what you can find with just a 'google' search! I did the same thing for screws way back when to add then to the plastics. thanks, I'll crop and rotate them as I see fit, if they are that crude, maybe I'll re post the cleaned up images, won't know 'till I see 'em, though...

It's not so much that they're crude, but most of them are pictures of more than one nail. Some of them probably won't work, but a few should. I just included everything I found.

Here is the brass nail, rotated, cleaned up and looks GOOD in VP. I used this as a decal in Good Luck with a width of 10 and height of 100. It was absolutely perfect. I had to cut and paste just a little bit at the bottom to get the full effect of the "black line" that runs down to the point but it works!

Hope this helps someone out there. Thanks for the images John. This one was perfect. Five minutes with PhotoBrush 5 and MicroSoft Paint and voila. In PhotoBrush 5, you can rotate the images by 1 degree at a time by using the "arbitrary" selection. Load your image, select "image" and then "rotate". Then select "arbitrary" and rotate the image by 1 or as many degrees as you want. :)

BMP file; 16.6 kb

d

If you'd like, I can do the others if possible. Let me know. Just another bit of fun to "while away the time".

Attachments

• BrassNailUP.bmp
    16.6 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Thanks Will, I'll see how it works for me. If there are any others that you think would work, it would be great when you find the time to work on them. I can't wait to see how they look with Good Luck.

Thanks Will, I'll see how it works for me. If there are any others that you think would work, it would be great when you find the time to work on them. I can't wait to see how they look with Good Luck.

John;

I'll check them out tomorrow. Thursday is the last work day for the week so I'll try to finish them up (the entire zip) tomorrow night :) I'll do them all if possible. Screws are nice as well. Of course with the brass nail, a person can always cut part of the bottom off to give the nail the effect of being in the table's PF. I'm going to try to use it for Good Luck if possible. I'll have to find the right PF slant to get the full effect of course.

Also, looking up the word "brad" comes up with some nice results on Google. Brass brad, metal brad, aluminum brad and etc. Comes up with some nice images. ;)

d

John;

I'll check them out tomorrow. Thursday is the last work day for the week so I'll try to finish them up (the entire zip) tomorrow night :) I'll do them all if possible. Screws are nice as well. Of course with the brass nail, a person can always cut part of the bottom off to give the nail the effect of being in the table's PF. I'm going to try to use it for Good Luck if possible. I'll have to find the right PF slant to get the full effect of course.

Also, looking up the word "brad" comes up with some nice results on Google. Brass brad, metal brad, aluminum brad and etc. Comes up with some nice images. ;)

d

Rather than cutting off part of the image, you can also set them on a small invisiable wall off the playfield and set that wall's top height to -[minus]X. with X being whatever height you don't want showing. That's one of the tricks Bob showed me years ago, and I still use it now and again, when i want shorter pins. It works for other objects too. I even have a WIP with bumpers that float above the playfield using Bob's off-screen wall idea. Bob may seem grouchy at times, but he is helpful.

I agree, Bob can be helpful. I'm just "yanking his chain" as he sort of puts it. I like to torment him in a good way.

Interesting you mention the invisible wall off the playfield thing. I've seen this done long ago with VP but never really understood the logic behind it. Everyone has their own way of doing things. Good thing.

d

I'll look and see if I have the demo table Bob sent me, and if I do, I'll send it to you. Or if I can remember the tables I've made using the technique, I'll send that. It works like a charm.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Popotte has posted a new reply in the thread "How Do I Move a DMD on the Backbox Using Script...
      Back