Need Help With Animated Logo

O.K. If this one is acceptable i will start with the animation.

(Maybe i will do some scrolling effects after all, but not constantly, only scrolling the line in, (quickly), then scrolling it out quickly, then the next line, and so forth. Will have to see how well it turns out.)

attachment.php

Attachments

• test8.png
    test8.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 553
The background on the last one is too light and the one before that is too dark...... Maybe something inbetween.

I'd still like to see a touch of green in the background, like the one's I posted earlier..... I think black text on green is hard to beat.

I would prefer the one of post 23. Then the one of post 24 and then the one of post 26. The more glass effect, the less I like.

However, just my opinion. Nothing to care about at all.

@ Yogi: Thanks.

@ Bob: The bright parts arent the background, they are the topmost layers and therefore over everything else. Its a glass effect so that the whole thing looks like a glass tube.

@ Both of you: Heres a darker one. Glass effect reduced by 50%. Personally i liked the brighter one better, but like i said, my monitor is calibrated to show no white whatsoever on blacks, hence it is a lot darker than most other peoples pictures.

attachment.php

Attachments

• test9.png
    test9.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 537
1. 23
2. 29
3. 24
4. 26

But: Use the one you like the most!

Since it is impossible to make something that everybody likes, the important part is not so much whether you or i like it, but whether or not it is well readable and if integrates with the CMPS frontpage.

I think the integration aspect is O.K., so if the one from post 26 provides a decent readability on everyones screen then i would use this one because glossy things are currently in style.

If it is not well enough readable, but the one in post 29 one is, then i would sacrifice some of the glossyness for better readability and use that one instead.

At any rate, what i need is more feedback. So if you have the time to read this, (and this is addressing everyone), please take the time to post a short note. Obviously i cannot see what others are seeing on their screens, meaning unless you tell me i have nothing to go by.

Thanks.

I don't think I would have asked about this at all. It's only a logo.

Actually it is a banner, (i know i wrote 'logo' in the threadtitle, my bad), but thats not important. Whats important is that the image serves a purpose, and as such it has to be readable by everyone, regardless of their screen settings.

(The old one looked fine to me at the time too, but when i switched to a CRT i could hardly read it and others have said the same. And thats what i would like to avoid this time,...)

Well, here's my 50 cents again:

The one in post 29 is the one that is the best with glass effect. I can read that one just fine.

The McD

Logo or banner, who cares about the exactly right translation?

I don't think you get much more response here, so why not use the one of post 29? From what I read I guess that's the best agreement/compromise.

I agree. Doubt many more would actually bother with replying, with the exception of m4paws and Bob.

I say, go with the one in post 29. (Funny. I just noticed that this new logo/banner is supposed to mesh with the default style, and I always use the "Dark" theme. Always wondered why the change was being done, since I forgot that PN is blue and white, not black.)

The McD

Alright, the one from post 29 it is then.

(I will keep the base but make a better frame.)

Thanks to everyone who could spare a minute to read AND reply.

Wasnt in the mood for making dozens of frames (blame it on the heat) so i canned the scrolling and went with fading instead.

Same goes for the frame, too hot to fiddle with it for hours on end, therefore there will be no frame at all.

So heres the new animated VIP banner. Simple, straightforward, and it does do the job.

If there is something that should be changed in any case say it now or i will use it as it is.

(EDIT: Image imperfect - will not be the final!)

attachment.php

Attachments

• animated.gif
    animated.gif
    194.8 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
I can't see anything wrong.

The McD

Im glad you didnt say "I cant see anything."... :mrgreen:

Hold everything,...i have to redo it!

Just noticed that a '-' pushes the whole line out of sync and since i have one line with three '-'s i cant possibly let it stay that way.

(Meaning i have to change the text.)

Will add a frame then too while im at it,...

Pheww,...

(Im glad i catched the bug before Jon came to see the image.)

attachment.php

Attachments

• animated2.gif
    animated2.gif
    199.7 KB · Views: 479
It looks fantastic Phoenixx, an excellent job!

Five Stars! +:special:

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, and thanks Jon for adding it to the appropriate places.

I agree, for such a quick-job (darn heat) it turned out quite nicely,...:color:

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back