Lancers (Gottlieb, 1961) VP8

VP8 Gottlieb EM Recreation Lancers (Gottlieb, 1961) VP8 v2.0

No permission to download
Electro-Mechanical Machines

efeuve

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Hi, well... I've uploaded a pinball (Gottlieb 1962 Lancers in VP about a week ago and I had no answer, then I asked the webmaster and I had no answer so... Any help?
Fernando.

EDIT: Fixed! Table is here: :)

Attachments

• lancers - gottlieb 1961 (fernando)_ovb.jpg
    lancers - gottlieb 1961 (fernando)_ovb.jpg
    608.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:
You might try PMing SteveOz. He is our most faithful moderator. And thank you for uploading a table. Much appreciated!

I'll have to try and contact Jon about this myself as for whatever reason I seem only to be able to login to the forums and the forum admin panel and not the frontpage admin so I'm unable to approve new uploads at the moment, though it could be an issue my end with my cookies or browser settings as I've had this happen before and then it seemed to correct itself.

OK fixed my issue just closed FF and started again and I can login on the front page, though I can't find any uploads awaiting approval?

Hi, well... I've uploaded a pinball (Gottlieb 1962 Lancers in VP about a week ago and I had no answer, then I asked the webmaster and I had no answer so... Any help?
Fernando.

Hello Fernando, There aren't any table uploads pending approval at Pinball Nirvana, it should be added automatically if you are signed in, I don't recall any messages. Thanks for the Lancers Table, it was uploaded to IRPinball and was added today, I can add it to PN if you need me to.

I'll have to try and contact Jon about this myself as for whatever reason I seem only to be able to login to the forums and the forum admin panel and not the frontpage admin so I'm unable to approve new uploads at the moment, though it could be an issue my end with my cookies or browser settings as I've had this happen before and then it seemed to correct itself.

OK fixed my issue just closed FF and started again and I can login on the front page, though I can't find any uploads awaiting approval?
I had the same problem with Firefox after the sites php was upgraded last month, so I thought that was the reason and I was freaking out, I fixed it by logging in by using a different browser (be sure to check the Remember me box). I closed that browser, used Chrome and it worked fine, had no problems with Firefox since then but I received an email from a User that experienced the same problem.

I think this needs to be investigated further but I can't recreate the problem, I thought it was due to the upgrade but maybe it's browser specific because Chrome worked fine.

Last edited:
Thanks Jon; I've revised a bit the table from the day I uploaded it at IRPinball and I would like to upload it again there and here at Pinball Nirvana. The problem is that I can not upload here (when I try to do it the system tells me I'm not logged in but I'm logged In as now I am)
Can you help with this?

Ok, these are related problems I guess, while logged in to the forums try the
Pinball Nirvana Home link, if it shows you are not logged in after getting there, try logging in (check the remember me box), I suspect this might not work as well, that's what happened to me last month.

Are you using Firefox?
Regardless, close your browser and try a different one, I used Chrome but it looks like StevOz fixed Firefox by just restarting, this problem doesn't happen to me anymore with Firefox.

Thanks Jon, I've uploaded right now here Lancers V2 with Internet Explorer (I hope so). I went to IRPinball and there I uplodaded it too, but as I was registered this time (I wasn't registered before) my Lancers V1 is uploaded at IRPinball (With no name) and my Lancers V2 is uploaded too as from "efeuve". I would thank you if If you can erase the first Lancers, because I can not.
What a silly little mess! :(

Thanks Jon, I've uploaded right now here Lancers V2 with Internet Explorer (I hope so). I went to IRPinball and there I uplodaded it too, but as I was registered this time (I wasn't registered before) my Lancers V1 is uploaded at IRPinball (With no name) and my Lancers V2 is uploaded too as from "efeuve". I would thank you if If you can erase the first Lancers, because I can not.
What a silly little mess! :(

No problems Fernando, I had already uploaded V2 to IRPinball.

However, V2 is not being shown right now as being uploaded at Pinball Nirvana's UpDownload section. If you are logged in you should receive a message about the table being successfully added and the table should appear right away.

Well, now I've uploaded it with Chrome and again... No way. In two or three days I'll try again. Thanks.

@efeuve,
Fernando, I see you were here as recently as May '19, so hopefully one day you'll see this message. I just wanted to thank you for such a sweet table! It's such a beauty that I almost missed the Playboys lying on the floor there. Almost! :blush:

There were also a couple errors with the resource entry (now fixed), and I'm marking this as the official release thread. I've also added some goodies that hopefully improve the resource entry.

I'd love to hear if you ever did any more tables, because this was an amazing first effort(!)

Btw, just for the record, PN currently hosts another VP version of the game by @patrick, as well as a FP version by @FranciscoPozo.

@efeuve,
Fernando, I see you were here as recently as May '19, so hopefully one day you'll see this message. I just wanted to thank you for such a sweet table! It's such a beauty that I almost missed the Playboys lying on the floor there. Almost! :blush:

There were also a couple errors with the resource entry (now fixed), and I'm marking this as the official release thread. I've also added some goodies that hopefully improve the resource entry.

I'd love to hear if you ever did any more tables, because this was an amazing first effort(!)

Btw, just for the record, PN currently hosts another VP version of the game by @patrick, as well as a FP version by @FranciscoPozo.
Thanks Ike, I uploaded on Pinball Nirvana two more tables (Then, before 2014): Gigi 1963 and Cow Poke 1965. Hope you like them; I'm a time traveler using a Pinball time machine.

Thanks Ike, I uploaded on Pinball Nirvana two more tables (Around 2009): Gigi 1963 and Cow Poke 1965. Hope you like them; I'm a time traveler on a Pinball time machine.
¡Ai, que milagro! :o :D

Thanks a bunch, Fernando! I do remember working on those records, but didn't know your correct acct name. They have now been correctly attributed to you: Gigi, Cow Poke.

With your permission, I will shortly update their resource entries with more info where possible, as with Lancers.

So do you still mess around with VP, FP and other pin sims?

No I do not, I just play them now and then; it was all about a time travel of fifty years I did in 2009. After that, I made "Lancers" just because then there was a real pinball machine at hand which I did not buy fearing it needed a lot of professional work.
(Notice you must use the "Intro" key - at the right and down side of the keyboard - to get each new ball on Gigi)

No I do not, I just play them now and then; it was all about a time travel of fifty years I did in 2009. After that, I made "Lancers" just because then there was a real pinball machine at hand which I did not buy fearing it needed a lot of professional work.
(Notice you must use the "Intro" key - at the right and down side of the keyboard - to get each new ball on Gigi)
Okay, good info, and TBH-- it's pretty RARE when even a time-traveler produces super-good first efforts at re-creating classic machines.

I must admit I'm rather curious what your current interests are, señor. With ME, I got tired of pinball (but also I got older, less able, and lost contact with it), so I stopped working on VP projects and turned towards others, like Mesa de Tenis. No... "tenis de mesa?" Ai, mi Castellano es... *heh*

Ah... but Time Travel!
oof, yeah man, that one has @StevOz written all over it, I fear! :D

Attachments

• Fry, Farnsworth, time travel.jpg
    Fry, Farnsworth, time travel.jpg
    511.8 KB · Views: 69
Well, my current interests are around why this (Which could be) wonderful planet we live in, is about the same cruel mess it has always been for too much people (Today just a digital version of it); As now I'm 71, these days I'm trying to "digest" some, I think, serious work about "Near Death Experiences"... Maybe it will help me somehow.

Well, my current interests are around why this (Which could be) wonderful planet we live in, is about the same cruel mess it has always been for too much people (Today just a digital version of it); As now I'm 71, these days I'm trying to "digest" some, I think, serious work about "Near Death Experiences"... Maybe it will help me somehow.
Understood. oof... yes, understood. <3

So Fernando, you're not THAT much older than me (a decade and change), but like you, I find myself worrying-worrying-worrying always. One of my worry-worry threads is this one, FWIW.

Pardon my language, but sometimes it really is FUCKING EMBARRASSING to be a human being, the way we keep screwing up the Earth, keep quarrelling for petty reasons, and meanwhile, our richest people (complete idiots as they are) get to have the "final say" about how the Earth gets raped.

Near Death Experiences I don't understand very well, but the stories people tell are straight incredible!

Like for example-- if there's a better way to meet God (or a hierarchy of gods?), then Hell Yeah, that's how the human brain is at its best in those oxygen-starved, special moments, no? Lol... I'm a total idiot, though.

Like, I'm weirdly curious about everything, but good lord...

My only near death experience occurred when working on a gold extraction plant. I became overcome by sodium cyanide fumes whilst relining a cyclone when the levels were meant to be lowered, though someone in the control room increased the levels without knowing I was still working.

Sodium cyanide prevents the blood cells from absorbing oxygen, so you basically suffocate whilst still breathing. Fortunately I managed to stagger into an air-conditioned room nearby before I passed out where I was found several hours later.

No lights, tunnels or anything for that matter it was like going to sleep.

That said if you want a read into something of this ilk. I can suggest this author.

Quite a thread your (And others) "worry-worry" thread.
The main reason why I'm interested on NDE is because I've come to think our human life is so inconsistent in itself, and cruel, that it must be part of a more serious context.
And my opinion about that is the misuse of reason is to blame for that horror because the misuse of reason corrupts both religions and sciences; I mean, I understand as reason belongs to All Reality, All Reality can not be grasped by reason. That should be obvious but we men are so presumptuous that we can't accept our reason is truly precious but, as our hands, is only a tool, a tool just to "move" inside All Reality not a key to posses it.
This man, Bruce Greyson, a (serious) life around NDE's, gives some simple but proven facts regarding the reality of NDE's; Here in a recent speech:
Castaneda is always interesting to read but, to me, too esoteric to be much more than inspirational.

Wow... there is much to think about, with all that.

Just... wow!

Just give me some TIME, motherfluffers! (eh, sorry, sorry)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MMITG is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back