Noob here!

Quincee33

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Comet
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum but being 44 definitely not new to pinball. I just wanted to start off with a easy lighthearted question: What is Nip It that was featured on HAPPY DAYS like?

It's also being worked on to make the move to vp9. But it will take a while.:whistle:

Hey glad to have a chat with you here. Basically I am new to pinball. How may I know about this Pinball?

Plus, you're not really "chatting" when you show up and spew out a sentence. That's more of a very short monologue. I'm glad we've discovered the robot's weak point before Skynet takes over.

bally's nip it was a fun game to play. it was one of only a few EM's to have 2 ball multiball , flippers that closed to capture balls called zipper flippers , and a ball grabbing arm called the balligator that was controlled by its own button next to the right flipper button. those 3 things kept the machine popular for many years. i have just seen one for sale on CL for either 6 or 8 hundred. if i had the extra money i might have bought it. one of my favorite EM's.

what was that thing fonzie used to do... thump the machine and it would give him a free game or something?

fonzie would give a thump to to the round glass of a seeburg juke box to start it playing a song. RIP al molinaro

I got your Nip It right here....:pinball:

Attachments

• IMG_20150711_175758379[1].jpg
    IMG_20150711_175758379[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 305
  • IMG_20150711_170430570[1].jpg
    IMG_20150711_170430570[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 299
cool... is that the one you're working on, itchigo?

btw, does the drawer-piece on the backglass do something more than just frame the monitor?

Actually that's the one Hauntfreaks was working on. It's available at the VPU I think. PBecker1946 is also working on a "photoreal" version. But he gets bored working on stuff and starts a new one. It's in the "rotation", but he has like almost 30 in various stages. He's on the right, I'm on the left.

The area on the backbox is storage for this: A plug and play Mame panel which plugs into my lockdown bar. I left the biz about when DMD was taking off, and I'm not really into that era as much. Also, there's no way in hell I'm going to reconfigure all my tables for 3 screens...-again. (Already doing that to add plunger/ball loader support.

One thing I don't see people doing- that I'm doing is I leave my backglass plugged into the cable/dvd, etc. Since my cab is next to my workbench I watch tv/movies on it all the time. It IS a tv after all...

Attachments

• IMG_20150628_174919609_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20150628_174919609_HDR[1].jpg
    941.9 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_20151009_070515027[1].jpg
    IMG_20151009_070515027[1].jpg
    969.2 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_20150912_095239428[1].jpg
    IMG_20150912_095239428[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 287
Last edited:
hi, welcome!

i don't see it here at PN, but there is a re-creation you can download and play in visual pinball, listed a little past the middle of this page:
http://irpinball.org/70s.htm

there is also more info about the machine here:
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=nip-it&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

I'm also a new here, so thank you for the link with games, but is it all games are here? I'd like to find something special instead of just playing the few types of it.. Will be indebted to you for the suggestion. thank you!

Hi Kriss. You look familiar.

Is there a particular game that you are looking for? Don't worry if you don't know the name.

Most games are at www.vpforums.org
or at the irpinball site, or here at Pinball Nirvana or at http://roguepinball.com/index.php

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: MMITG is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back