JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
I got one of these in November and it's awesome, I had no android experience or much knowledge about set top boxes except for cable, been researching ways to kill cable for over a year, I have a htpc and run Kodi and it was fine but this Shield TV has allowed me to bypass the computer.
Nvidia Shield

The Shield allowed me to install many game emulators and I now have over 5,000 games on it, from c64 to PS1, mame was installed and roms were moved over, I bought the pro model (500gb) but you can attach exterior hard drives to it. There are thousands of apps and my focus has been pinball and emulators. You can play anything in your pc or network through the shield, Kodi streaming has head spinning amounts of addon's. I need to see my Vike's play football live and the addon Sports Devil has live streaming sports. I have a nvidia graphics card and it will stream games to the shield but I haven't done that much.

I believe it's simply wonderful and I don't work for them!
:hulagirls:

Well I'd suggest getting a chromecast for the TV and install videostream on the PC and stream anything from your PC as an additional option. ;)

Dunno maybe, maybe not though my PC and the old Nexus 7 2013 Tablet + Chromecast + utorrent 2.2.1 ( older versions are sometimes better and this is the best version. ;) )
does it for me.. :)

I must say, it's a tempting idea. I like the emulator thing... I could finally ditch my soft-modded Wii! If only it were $99 instead of $199.

currently i have the PC hooked up to a projector, which serves as a giant TV screen. i don't have cable, but use the internet to stream whatever movie or show i want to watch.

any reason for a person like me to consider something like this? in fact i prefer windows over android for an all-in-one system-- it has many more apps and options.

that said, the one thing i'm envious of in that pic are the wireless controllers. currently mine are wired logitech gamepads, and it's annoying extending the cables all the way over to the couch.

You know, I've got my TeeBee hooked up to my computer as well... yet I still find the Plex media server to come in handy. Usually the resolution and video is much improved playing it through the TeeBee rather than the native computer media player.

https://plex.tv/

The little lady uses the Chromecast in this family, but it really does deliver an incredible bang for $20!
Do not be envious of the folks with the wireless controllers. I was dumb enough to buy an Xbone wireless controller. That piece of crap is like holding a brick with buttons! Right now, I am thisclose to being able to use my old PS3 controller with my computer. I've finally got Windows 10 to recognize it, but I just can't figure out how to get the drivers to load. I think you should join in on this project, Nic. Imagine being able to buy a used PS3 controller to work with your PC instead of a $60 new controller! And there's also the thing where you're a lot smarter at this stuff than I am. Get to studying!

EDIT: Hells yeah! After days of searching I finally found this magnificent bastard! Step-by-step installation instructions and the PS3 controller is working like a dream! Last problem is trying to find Bluetooth compatibility. For some reason, I can't find a single bluetooth setting in Windows 10. A pain in the ass... but right now I'm playing AssCreed 4 with a controller that doesn't weight as much as a small baby!

Last edited:
quick reply for now, but if you can't find bluetooth options in the control panels, try checking the popup box of mini-icons in your taskbar for the bluetooth symbol.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back