Our New Frontpage

Phoenixx

Starfleet Member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Im sure by now you have all seen our new frontpage.

(If not, click >THIS< .)

Whats say we give JPH some feedback in the form of a poll?

I for one think it is su-per, exactly what this forum was missing.

A big big thank you for the work it took to implement this.

Upvote 0
Between "fairly decent" and "quite good". The only thing that I would prefer is that when you click on "Forums" on the main page, you get redirected to that front page instead of the forum listings.

The McD

Between "fairly decent" and "quite good". The only thing that I would prefer is that when you click on "Forums" on the main page, you get redirected to that front page instead of the forum listings.

The McD
Thats why the label says 'Forums'; to get you into the forums. So thats just as its supposed to be. The link that gets you to the frontpage is normally the site-logo at the top, which currently links to the old (or still official) frontpage,...

Well I gots some explainin' to do....

The linked page hasn't been tinkered with at all and I'm not even sure if i want to use it. I'm in the process of adding a new downloads system, the current postnuke (home page CMS) UpDownloads program has gone unsupported for a few years and I decided to try and bite the bullet and add a VB forums based dl system, this will be very painful because I'm trying to first add the VPM Tables that were at VPF then everything from our current UpDownloads.

This might be the first process in trying to replace postnuke altogether, postnuke has been replaced by something called Zikula and unfortunately a lot of the modules on the main site won't work with Zikula..:no:, so it can't be upgraded anymore.

If we are successful at eventually removing postnuke, we will go to a VBulletin based CMS, like the one that is in Phoenixx's post.

I hope i didnt do a wrong thing by posting the link in public. :weirdface:

If so i apologize and promise i wont ever do something like that again, the last thing i want is to cause you any trouble. Its just that i was so fascinated by it i wanted others to check it out too,...

No problems Phoenixx, I don't mind if folks want to use it but it's a wip and will probably take months to see if postnuke can be replaced.

any input means you are active and that's alwaysgood

Anything you want to do to improve it is always a good thing, it shows you are active here and care about the site! so I say go for it! even if it takes a few months, at least it WILL get done, and this site will be the better for it, and it'll appease us poor pinheads (for awhile anyhow), till our attention span wavers yet again, and we start clamoring for something else (like a page for sites that may help the coders; pics, sound sites, etc.) so I salute you in all your efforts to make it bigger and better (or 'new and improved', or 'less filling, tastes great' or something along those lines:salut:

i clean my pinball nirvana with lemon pledge

Jon, i know the new CMPS frontpage is not yet 'official', (is it?), but if you have the time, could you make it not truncate the threadtitles so early?

Longer titles can never be read because of that, even though there is space for four or five times as many letters.

Thanks in advance.

thank you kevin.
thank you jon.

voted.

Jon, i know the new CMPS frontpage is not yet 'official', (is it?), but if you have the time, could you make it not truncate the threadtitles so early?

Longer titles can never be read because of that, even though there is space for four or five times as many letters.

Thanks in advance.
Some changes have been made.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: antonioale is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back