• We have added Language Translations for French, Italian and Spanish menus, you can change your language at the bottom of every page, bottom left in the footer.
  • Spanish (Espanol, Latin American) translations have been added for the Forums and Resource Manager (Downloads).

panther7 rom

hass

Pinball Nudger
Hello could you please assist in my following query

I have TRON classic VPX table which requires Panther 7 rom which I have downloaded from this site and installed correctly.
I get the following message Machine Panther7 (7-digit conversion) terminated before initialized , check rom path or rom file .
I have checked the rom in pin main and have the following errors
652 cup 2048 not available
652 snd 1024 not available
6530 sy80 bin 1024 not available

Thank you

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
"Panther7" is a modification of the original "Panthera" (Gottlieb, 1980) ROM, allowing it to display seven digits. It has nothing at all to do with any Tron game AFAIK.

To the point-- where did you get a VPX Tron table that requires a ROM? What are the specific details on it? The only one I can think of would be Stern's Disney Tron Legacy, which is not offered here or at most VP sites due to a friendly agreement with Stern.

That said, I believe there are indeed several Tron tables out there, but they're originals AFAIK. They shouldn't need a ROM.

hass

Pinball Nudger
Hello
I downloaded table from vpforums.org members name HIREZ00, and table is asking for rom and won,t play without it

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
Okay, I think I get it. You're trying to run something called "TRON Classic (Original 2018)" which is a mod of Panthera by HiRez00 and some other authors. Now it makes sense why you'd want a Panthera ROM.

So, I'd recommend grabbing the panthera ROM and placing that in your ROM folder, along with the panther7 ROM you already have. Chances are the table is already set up to run with one of those two, and should start working.

If that doesn't work, you can go in to the script and look for a line like this:
Const cGameName = "panther7"

Whatever ROM name it's set to, trying changiing that manually to the name of the other one, then see if that works.

Ike Savage

Froggy like robot
Staff member
Site Supporters
You're welcome.

Btw, I just realised that Stern seems to have given the okay to emulate Tron Legacy. You can get the ROM right from their site, and you can find multiple TRON Legacy LE tables across various VP forums.