Pharoah WIP

faralos

Faralos
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flash
Since Pharoah was mentioned as being someone's fave I am starting this one first. I am also going to be using Itchigo's new table skeleton instead of mine as it's far better! Here is what I have so far, I must resize each playfield to fit as most are saved as either bitmaps or an odd file size (this one for the Pharoah pin was 440 by 600!

Attachments

• Pharoahs WIP Nov 30.jpg
    Pharoahs WIP Nov 30.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 382
Since Pharoah was mentioned as being someone's fave I am starting this one first. I am also going to be using Itchigo's new table skeleton instead of mine as it's far better! Here is what I have so far, I must resize each playfield to fit as most are saved as either bitmaps or an odd file size (this one for the Pharoah pin was 440 by 600!

:)

This is my fav and I hope you can get the sound files for it. I found them years ago but fail to find them today. I'll TRY to find these again - I had ALL the Screamball sound files and over the years well, you know they kind of vanish....

Thanx for making this one and good luck on the PF redraw!

d

This table has the BEST vocals in a pinball game that I've ever heard! Loved how the voice would say "Anubis". That was cool. Funny thing about Screamball was all the sound files were separate on the CD in each folder for each table.

I saved these as bitmaps because of the clarity of the image. Images look better in BMP over JPG any day, but some graphics proggies do allow JPG saved at certain percentages for clarity.

Last edited:
I am redoing all the Pf's in jpegs after a bit of touch up if needed. I must resize them all anyway. IMO jpegs work better than bitmaps for the playfield image. sounds huh? That didn't even cross my mind! Sigh, guess I must now hunt down the sounds for it. oh well, I love the 'net' for that. Hopefully I will be able to find them. (or buy it if someone else has it) I'll also look for the screamball sound files too.

you say that the screamball sound files are all over the web. well, I can't find any at all! except for the soundfile zip from you (which only has a few generic voice samples in it) I have no other sounds at all for these pins! I am in no hurry as I just started on the play field anyways. But if you know of any screamball sound files please either send me a link or upload the files! Thanks!

you say that the screamball sound files are all over the web. well, I can't find any at all! except for the soundfile zip from you (which only has a few generic voice samples in it) I have no other sounds at all for these pins! I am in no hurry as I just started on the play field anyways. But if you know of any screamball sound files please either send me a link or upload the files! Thanks!

I'll do my best. Give me some time as these were not easy to find. I'll Google for them under "pinball WAVs" like i did a long time ago. Of course I found them because I opened the RAR file they were in and listened to the voice saying "Thoth" and "Anubis". They are there, I'll get them.

d

Have a question about Pharoah

on the table in the back of it (since i never played it) I can't figure out if that is a wall behind the ramps! It looks like one I just can't figure out why that right side ramp would just dump out on top of a lane like that. has anyone ever played this table? Can anyone shed any light on this for me? this is what I did today so far...on top of working on the madhouse wip and more on the Dogtown pin.

Attachments

• Pharoah table question.jpg
    Pharoah table question.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 376
  • Pharoah WIP Dec 1.jpg
    Pharoah WIP Dec 1.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
on the table in the back of it (since i never played it) I can't figure out if that is a wall behind the ramps! It looks like one I just can't figure out why that right side ramp would just dump out on top of a lane like that. has anyone ever played this table? Can anyone shed any light on this for me? this is what I did today so far...on top of working on the madhouse wip and more on the Dogtown pin.

Yes, that's a wall. The ramp itself circles around to the top of the left slingshot. These tables were flat and not 3D.

d

Last edited:
Pharoah is 75% done using Itchigo's template!

Just a little fyi for the new guys too! This template already has start and end, a kicker (which Pharoah uses), three drop targets (again while having many more, the code can be copied for the other drop banks too), Three scripted pop bumpers, a custom plunger, (JP's I think) and scoring. I lucked out with making the walls. That red lane I got to work great the first build, not having to adjust anything!. the blue one took one ball shot, the purple lane works great going down and going up works great with the help of a hidden drop wall, (and my scripted trigger to go with it) to ease the ball around the curved opening! (had clearance issues with the corner of the upper left wall going up). the pop bumpers are still showing their rings through the posts, so I must tweak that a bit (maybe making half rings, so there is physically nothing to see behind the actual pop bumper itself!). Later today I will make custom plastics for it with Gimp2 a free ware product. A few bulls eyes, more drops, an upper ramp, and of course doctoring up that messy play field image, to erase the showing of the ball guides, sling posts, flippers, etc. throw some walls around the outside put in MY triggers (sorry, itchigo but mine are functional drop walls and look far better than your static decals!), then a general cleanup. Then I get to wait for my fellow pinhead to send me the sounds for it!
All that took about three hours! and I still had time yesterday to work on my dogtown and madhouse wip's too! these little pc redo's can be done in about 12 hours tops! so hopefully once I get the hang of maybe one more I can get them done quicker, some of them are fairly simple playfields so they can be whipped out pretty fast! others with locking kickers and multiball may have to wait till I can get that scripted in. so they will obviously take a bit longer. (except of course for sounds and scoring as they will most likely be custom, except for the Pharoah and Screamball tables, which will have the actual pin sounds, hopefully)
Pharoah is being a blast to make and can't wait till i start the next one. these I will be doing one at a time since I also have the other two BIG wip's atm. these are what i consider my diversion toys. when i get burned out on the bigger wip's I can work on these as a relaxation thing. I know some of you may be thinking geez he is still on vp, though what an addict! um... yeah... can't deny that :D
anyhow here is Pharoah so far
oh a little fyi, I did NOT use any type of light for the radius of any curved wall, I just eyeballed them!

Attachments

• Pharoah with Itchigo template Dec 2 .jpg
    Pharoah with Itchigo template Dec 2 .jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 356
Looks very nice. Sometimes it takes less time to build a table than it does to playtest them, at least for me. But I've had a few originals that took over a year to finish, and one that took 3 years.

my first table actually became the third one I posted! Castle Falmeir used Chris's Template and because of numerous errors I had gotten, a fellow pinhead pretty much rewrote it, teaching me in the process. but due to the extensive coding I ignored it going on to simpler table skeletons and going back to it once I had learned more. so #1 actually became # 3!, the Dogtown pin will be a longer pin as it has three levels and is one of my more complicated pins. but these are a breeze so far (ain't counting chickens or anything!) so hopefully...:)

Faralos;

GREAT NEWS!

I just got hold of a guy who selling me his Ultimate Pinball (Screamball) CD for $1! Give me time to get it and I'll take the sounds off and send them to you.

I also found a cache of Screamball sound files. I went through them and only found four for Pharoahs. I found the slingshot sound, the ball out sound and two other that I have no idea where they are used. Once I get Ultimate Pinball that can be fixed and I can tell you where they go.

Anyway, here is a RAR file with the four sounds for Pharoahs. Enjoy!

d

PS: You may have to put this on the backburner for awhile until I get the sounds for you. I KNOW ALL the sounds in Ultimate Pinball were in separate folders for each game. I had this game years ago and LOVED IT.

Your WIP looks fantastic. Excellent work. I'm going through the same with Tennis, but have planned on redoing it since it doesn't look right. If you could, please send me that template. I really like the plunger and for Tennis I'll have to add one on the left side of the left outlane anyway. Thanks Faralos and keep up the wonderful work!!!

Attachments

• Pharoahs4SNDS.rar
    22 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Pharoah so far Dec 4

I still have not touched the play field image but I got the ramps to look and act nice! the left one now matches the three railed original and works just as well! the ball clears all the ramps and the right translucent one also clears the blue pop bumper and works wonderfully! ( finally had to cheat a bit and lower the table surface to a -2 to clear that pop bumper since it sits so high up but it works great! the drop targets are all in and match by color the originals. their lights are also in. so far so good The skill shot area is also in as are the bulls eyes. nothing is scripted yet, but that part is easy.

Attachments

• Pharoah WIP Dec 4.jpg
    Pharoah WIP Dec 4.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 357
I don't have the Tennis template at all. i did a search through all the ones I have and nothing. Sorry,... it's not here?

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: blackspatular is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back