Pinball Nirvana Is 13 Years Old!

now THAT is the GSgregg i know and love! :D

hmm.. maybe we should have a "whiskey-sipping and gaming night" one of these times with all these little flash games around here to partake of. only problem, sleepy tends to be the grandmaster champion of those suckers, and we'd only be competing for, like, 500th place and such. lol but what the hey.

also... gonna be awhile before i feel like drinking again. yikes... my poor old blood vessels. :(

Flash Games? (As in, 'please define')

To JPH, John, Steve and everyone else here, Happy Birthday PN. Time sure goes by fast, but it's so nice that this site is still around and thriving.

I'll fill it in GS.
The "Flash Games" are the games in the PN Arcade,
and there is a tournament system available where we can play the arcade Flash games against each other. For Big Points (credits), usually winner take all.
Somebody chooses one of the games in the arcade for tournament play and the number of players and the size of the bet in PN credits and it then is listed
on the tournament board until all of the slots for the selected number of players
are filled. At which time, everyone who signed on to the tournament is then notified
that the tournament is on and is then expected to play the game and try to move up to the final round against the remaining finalist.
The system allows up to eight challengers.

But I don't play as a rule to compete against my fellow man.
That part is merely coincidental to the tournament.
I like playing to beat the game itself.

And the Flash game tournaments haven't been used around here in Ages.

Thanks, sleepy; I kinda figured that the Arcade had something to do with it, but I couldn't remember the word, Flash, being used.

I agree with you on "competing against my fellow man"; it's always been Me Against the Machine, and the rest was up to the Suckers.:rotfl3:
:cheers:

funny how good I thought I was with flash games
until I saw the high scores posted here!
you guys really need a life...to be able to get those scores
takes a long time or maybe just a total commitment to
needless things/games
or maybe I should just start drinking...

Thanks for the responses, unbelievable that 10 years have gone by!
GSGregg, saharasalesdotcom was run by moi, we had a bunch of unused bandwidth so I started hosting IRPinball, TheMagic Of Flipperless, flipperless.com (still owned) and PinballNirvana.com eventually followed.

I totally forgot that I quit, but I think it was due to VPUnderground stealing bandwidth from IRPinball, they had direct dl links to table downloads (visitors didn't even have to visit the site) and I got banned @ VPF for trying to point the problem out. The Magic Of Flipperless was born much earlier than that because the old VPF was mainly a VPM site, with stupid hoops to run through to download a friggin' table, you could speed it up by donating. TMOF, flipperless.com, IRPinball and PN have never required user registration to download files! :smileyvike:

Just wanted to say howdy to shiva, the dude shaped this site and gave me suggestions before it was ever born !

I'm up for a roast, I kinda know tiltjlp so this joke is from PinballNirvana's Joke database in The Elderly category:

PNJokes : The Elderly : Old & New concerns Old & New concerns for the baby boomers:
Old & New concerns

Then: Long hair.
Now: Longing for hair.

Then: Keg
Now: EKG.

Then: Acid rock
Now: Acid reflux.

Then: Moving to California because it's cool.
Now: Moving to California because it's hot.

Then: Watching John Glenn's historic flight with your parents.
Now: Watching John Glenn's historic flight with your kids.

Then: Trying to look like Marlon Brando or Elizabeth Taylor.
Now: Trying not to look like Marlon Brando or Elizabeth Taylor.

Then: Seeds and stems.
Now: Roughage.

Then: Popping pills, smoking joints.
Now: Popping joints.

Then: Our president's struggle with Fidel.
Now: Our president's struggle with fidelity.

Then: Paar.
Now: AARP.

Then: Being caught with Hustler magazine.
Now: Being caught by Hustler magazine.

Then: Killer weed.
Now: Weed killer.

Then: Hoping for a BMW.
Now: Hoping for a BM.

Then: The Grateful Dead.
Now: Dr. Kevorkian.

Then: Getting out to a new, hip joint.
Now: Getting a new hip joint.
:titanic:(my favorite smiley from bob)

Thanks, Jon, for embellishing the history lesson. And if I may add a concern duo (by no means original; it'll be recognized):

Then: Bottle in front of me
Now:_Frontal Lobotomy

CENSORED.

Last edited by a moderator:
mmm...tasty, I'll have a slice of that. :)

For the 10H anniversary of Pinball Nirvana forums I make a cake with visual pinball.
Happy birthday Pinball Nirvana.

The pinball is the dream of our youth.
All tables are magical worlds.
The pinball is peace and love.

PINBALL_NIRVANA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:birthday: Happy Belated Birthday JPH and PN!

Thanks also for IRPinball. Many of the VP tables that are there are priceless for their historic value! It's really quite amazing what some tables look like, and yet the file sizes were almost always less than 2 MB!

Here's to another 10 years! Keep on rockin'! :band:

PS: u have the absolute largest collection of smilies anywhere on the web!

:pinball:

So sorry I'm late to this. 10 years is awesome! (Even if I only got here 5 years ago). Thanks to JPH, and here's one you missed.....

Then: Wine, Women, Song.
Now: Beer, The old lady, Tv.

Pinball Nirvana is now 13 years old!!!!

Time is flying by and I didn't want to bake a different cake.

:fruitdance::cheerleader1::guiness:

attachment.php

I realize that yesterday was April Fools Day but this ain't a joke, Pinball Nirvana (formerly The Magic of Flipperless) was born 10 years ago! I started working on the site in February 2003, with tiltjlp's help the site was opened up on 4/1/03.
Happy Birthday!
A huge Thanks to everyone that makes the site a success!:appl:

edit:13 Years Old now
bday2.gif

So glad the ol' gal is here to see in her terrible teens! I want some of that cake!

you know thirteen's the MAGIC number, right?

it appears frequently in mythology, religion and secret societies.

so... well done!

Things that are true for $500, Trabek!

Congrats! Great work, keep it up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back