Pinball wizard controller?

Ozzfestveteren

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Black Knight
I have a pinball wizard controller that works fine for future pinball but I can't seem to configure it to play visual pinball.

There's no configuration necessary. Just calibrated it actually
in the table check the box for accelerometer.
Configure the buttons in the key define menu.
As for the plunger only a few of the authors have their tables set up to use it.
All my new tables will use the plunger but some of my early one need updated to use it.

Personally i don't like using the accelerometer much, i define keys for the nudge

where is key define menu

The box for accelerometer is checked by default, as far as a key define menu all I find is under the preferences tab (in editor) keys... when I select keys... it gives me an option to reconfigure my keyboard layout. When I select left flipper for example it shows ???? while it waits for me to push a key on the keyboard, when I push a keyboard key it responds and the new key is shown. But if I select left flipper and then push the left flipper on the wizard controller there is no response. Is there a key define menu i'm missing? ofv

Which version of Visual Pinball are you using?

I'm guessing VP8.1 might not work with the Wizard?
You might need to use VP9.12.

VP8.1 *might work* by choosing Ultracade Physics in the Table Options menu on the right side of the editor, but I have no reason to believe that it will.

Last edited:
wizard works just enough

Actually the flippers, coin buttons, start and the plunge button work as well as the x, and y axis nudge feature but there is no use of the magnasave buttons for black knight. They sell these for 300? gotta be a better way!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Damonogy48 is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back