druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777
druadic submitted a new resource:

Play A Hand, 1950 by Giepen for VPX - Play A Hand VPX

Another very rare, never made table for VPX. This table can be VERY frustrating at times as the ball loves to go to the free play hole over and over again. For fun, play with the joker wild or not. Change the table slope for even more added difficulty. Do your best to gain the highest poker hand. Have fun!

Read more about this resource...

Here is the original play field image used to make the above table. YIKES. Yes, I literally had to remove each post and redo numerous cards to get rid of shadows across the play field. The scripting is under 430 lines of code amazingly.

Attachments

• PlayAHand1.jpg
    PlayAHand1.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Cool beans! So this would be a home / bagatelle game, i.e. no coinage involved?

Btw, Will-- you should be able to upload (and also move) this to the specific flipperless section it belongs in. Right now it looks like it's sitting in the general flipperless area, and not in any of the seven subsections.

If you recall a PM from maybe a month ago, you might want to do this for other tables of yours that aren't currently sitting in the correct categories.

As you probably already know, you can see a list of your tables here:
https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?resources/authors/druadic.4/

Ike,

This machine IS coin based. 5 balls for 10 cents. It is NOT a home / bagatelle game.

EVERYTHING I have made (except for a few homebrews and spot shot) is all coin operated.

Hello Druadic,
are you sure it's a 1950's table? If you have some references, you can send them to IPDB in order that Jay update the table -> Play a Hand at IPDB
And do you want that I release your table on IRP?
Nice table and thanks for your work.

Hello Druadic,
are you sure it's a 1950's table? If you have some references, you can send them to IPDB in order that Jay update the table -> Play a Hand at IPDB
And do you want that I release your table on IRP?
Nice table and thanks for your work.

Popotte;

I have talked with people who have told me about "Play A Hand" as it was made in 1950/51 by Giepen. Same goes for Skill Cards which was made by Giepen in 1952 (it was not made in 1962 and I verified this with an owner of the machine since he bought it the year it came out). Giepen released three or four machines before closing their doors. Jay I believe runs and owns IPDB and for YEARS I have tried to send him information but he only responds to people he knows which is sad since I have information on machines he has up but no information for. I gave up to get him to acknowledge my emails over a year or so ago, even though I've tried to be kind and help him. I know ONE PERSON that KNOWS the other two machines Giepen released and I have yet to talk with him again (he may be very busy with life like we all are). I don't even know what the other two machine are, but he has information about them.

As for releasing Play A Hand to IRP it's fine and you can; I just don't put anything up at IRP since most authors told me flipperless are worthless and aren't worth playing AND I had a "falling out" with some folks at IRP years ago. This is why you don't see a single release by me up over there. I just didn't think they wanted flipperless tables up over there. To be honest, I'm SHOCKED anyone has asked for any flipperless tables to be placed in IRP after all these years (especially mine!). You're more than welcome to put the table up if you would like; I usually just post tables up at Pinball Nirvana and Rogue Pinball. It's the two sites I've been welcome to over the years so I always frequent them more than anywhere else. I have nothing against any other pinball hosting sites at all. I say, the more the merrier!

Thanks for the post and the visit over here. We used to talk to each other over at VPF quite a bit a long while ago. Much appreciated.

PS: Thanks for the kind complement about Play A Hand. It turned out much better than I had hoped for graphically and was glad I came across another person who owns the machine so I asked him for play field screenshots. Mitchell was very kind to do this for me so I am thankful!

Hope you like the game. I enjoyed making it.

PPS: As of October of 2019, I have released about 30 tables for VPX.

Last edited:
As for releasing Play A Hand to IRP it's fine and you can
PaH1.jpgPaH2.jpg
I just don't put anything up at IRP since most authors told me flipperless are worthless and aren't worth playing
Well, it's about the same concerning old (and recent) EM's... So, if your pleasure is to recreate flipperless (like John tiltjlp) just do it!

And, if you want, I can put (slowly, I'm an old man...) all your tables on IRP.

And, if you want, I can put (slowly, I'm an old man...) all your tables on IRP.

That's up to you sir. If you feel they merit uploads at IRP then go for it. I'm currently VERY busy getting a bunch more tables ready for release so I have little time and I put tables up at two places already so if you don't mind please do put them up.

Thanks!

PS: I no longer support any of my tables before VP version 9. My current releases require VPX version 6.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back