Potential good news about Sphere's lost tables!

greenknight

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
I know many of you, like me, loved Sphere's original tables and are also mourning the loss of sites like Pinball Originals: well, I've been going through some of my CD-Rs I burnt at least 10 years ago and it appears I have some (if not all) of Sphere's tables on the CDs.

If there are no objections and if someone can instruct me on how to upload them, I'd be happy to share them. They may not be the most up-to-date versions, but I'll be happy to help.

Not sure if I have any screenies tho'

GK

Update:
Thanks SteveOz for the link
http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/?searchAuthorIdx=54

but all the download links point to Pinball Originals which, as you know, is empty.
:cuss:

Thanks anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah! Just got loose from the table list there at PinSimDB (1511 tables) but thanks to StevOz, I don't have to type the link.....

I found 17 titles of which I recognized about half, but when I checked my FP list, I have only Chaosmonger. Maybe some others are on the failed harddrives, although I transferred the entire FP and VP folders, having to set up or install only a few things (I still have all downloaded zips) and it's weird to find that something's disappeared.

Mukuste-and-crew's DirectX9 alchemy got me playing VP9 much more than even 2 years ago, and my FP problem is its nudge; while it steers the ball much like that of VP9, it works in the opposite direction, and I'd probably have to play only FP for several hours before I got acclimated. I even got PinballX so I could connect to PINemHi Leaderboard and log FP scores (no need for a frontend, otherwise), but the dyslexic nudge deal has hampered me.....:trippy:

Gregg

Boy, when I get sidetracked, I really do it up! I apparently downloaded all titles (Correction; 16 rather than 17) around midnight Jan 14-15, 2014, but never got around to any but Chaosmonger. I suppose I should extract and verify completeness and operation, but things seem encouraging.....

Gregg

Hi @greenknight (and @GSGregg),
Now granted it's been a few years, but have I got an update for you--

JPH recently found a list of Sphere's tables and gathered them in a directory. Looks like 27 tables in all, which you can see in the final attachment. Check it out! :D

Recently I updated Jeff Block and Robbway's stuff, and a VPM flipperless collection should be going out the door in a day or two. Then I'll be working on rounding up and updating the site's head-to-head collection, and then getting to Pinman's table collection. After that, I'm planning on doing Sphere's stuff. So we're probably looking at a couple weeks on that. Sound good?

Btw, I re-checked that PSDB collection you linked in the OP, and it looks like they finally starting hosting those tables themselves instead of linking offsite. So you should be able to grab the 17 Sphere tables they do have, for the time being.

Attachments

• Encore_2.0.jpg
    Encore_2.0.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Psyches_Dream_V1.22.jpg
    Psyches_Dream_V1.22.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 145
  • Fantasy_City_2.3.jpg
    Fantasy_City_2.3.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 136
  • sphere-music-pinballs.jpg
    sphere-music-pinballs.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Sphere, shiva are the first that come to my mind. I'm actually downloading about 30 oldies but goldies, & will come back to comment after testing them.
@GeorgeH,
oof... I'm getting back to this project much later than I intended to!

Happily, I believe I now have access to all the final versions of Sphere's tables. That's 22 VP tables and 17 FP tables by my tally. The big issue was getting those final, updated versions, in which he did more edits years after their first release, either in 2005 and 2006.

To kick things off, I tested and uploaded Ad Infinitum just now, and will try to keep adding to the project.

Btw, what's rather odd to me is that for some reason, even as a big fan of originals, I barely noticed or played Sphere's tables back in the day. So this will be an unusual opportunity to check out a bunch of new, old stock so to speak.

When everything's uploaded, I want to do a little table roundup / restrospective, plus fill in some biographical info on Sphere (i.e. Georg Reiter of Germany). I'm not sure he's still alive, actually, but I hope to find out.

Playing Sphere's tables is almost always a very calming and serene experience. It is not really something you wound expect on a pinball table that usually has tense moments.

I agree, playing Spheres tables can be so relaxing, must be the awesome music that compliments many tables. Look forward to seeing other than the 16 FP tables out.

I agree, playing Spheres tables can be so relaxing, must be the awesome music that compliments many tables. Look forward to seeing other than the 16 FP tables out.
Adding on to what Charles said above, all of his stuff (both VP & FP) can be found on the Internet Archive. IIRC that's around ~thirty tables in all, altho to be clear, the FP tables are conversions of a limited set of his VP tables, if you follow me.

In any case, we hope to have full entries for all of them, plus an overall writeup about Georg's life and times. For my past, he was a unique, interesting musician / artist / teacher who brought a level of creativity to the scene that few had imagined before.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back