Gottlieb Cleopatra (Gottlieb, 1977) Problem: Gottlieb Power Supply, On board Transformer (smaller one), Line Filter

mgjock

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Sinbad
Gottlieb Cleaopatra System 1

Hi,

I accidentally and stupidly unplugged the System 1 MPU whilst the power was still on and the machine was left like that for quite a while. Obviously, when I returned to the machine later on, the pinball was smoking bad from inside the cabinet. It appears to me that the line filter was burning or is burnt, however, I have read online that it is more likely that I have probably destoyed the Power Supply board and the smaller on board transformer (which is what should have burnt very hot like a fuse). It appears to me that the power supply board looks ok and the small on board transformer looks ok, but the Line Filter looks like the device which burnt like a fuse!!!!

Any help as to what would have been permanently damaged or what to repair would be helpful?

Does anyone know if the on board transformers will be ok? And if the line filter will be ok? Or are they likely to be damaged too?

Any helpful advice on what is likely damged or what I need to repair would be very helpful?

Thanks

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: simon.bethke is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back