Problem playing tables

Attackfrommars

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack from mars
Hi

I have just discovered visual pinball a few months ago and just trying to get everything set up correct.

I have managed to take a member on this forums advice and I have south park. The table loads and plays but the table is all distorted. Everything else plays though. Flippers work and all. Just can not make out the table

Also it seems like every time I download a different table it never has the roms it needs though I download roms for that table

I can not wait to play for real. As sad as it sounds I was still playing south park with a distorted table just to get a pinball fix

Any and all help would be great

I didn't see this thread, and I'm sorry.

Open Visual Pinball and at the top click Preferences > Video options.

Enable or Disable Hardware Device Rendering.
Usually with onboard video or lower-end/older video cards you would Disable this. Then close and restart Visual Pinball.

Try setting the resolution to Full Screen @ your Windows Desktop Resolution x 16.

Limit Max Texture Dimension to 1024 or 512.

You can also try lowering the Alpha Ramp Accuracy slider (to the left for system/graphics performance: to correct for graphics problems).

All else fails, disable the Hardware Rendering and play using Window Mode instead of Full Screen.

Are you still out there?

I didn't see this thread, and I'm sorry.

Open Visual Pinball and at the top click Preferences > Video options.

Enable or Disable Hardware Device Rendering.
Usually with onboard video or lower-end/older video cards you would Disable this. Then close and restart Visual Pinball.

Try setting the resolution to Full Screen @ your Windows Desktop Resolution x 16.

Limit Max Texture Dimension to 1024 or 512.

You can also try lowering the Alpha Ramp Accuracy slider (to the left for system/graphics performance: to correct for graphics problems).

All else fails, disable the Hardware Rendering and play using Window Mode instead of Full Screen.

Are you still out there?

Hey ya I'm still here just been caught up playing pinball all day n night since getting the vpinball going. I realized after I had to. A ge the video setting. I wish I could play the vp9 tables but my laptop is horrible. My htpc I use a nvidia gt430 which should play vp9 tables no problem ya think ?

Thanks for all the replies. I have 51 tables so far haha

Keith

Even some vp8 tables bind up the on board graphics especially during multiballs

Have to load this onto my bigger computer. Just used the laptop as a test computer to figure out how to set everything up

So you do have it working better now?

And yep, many of the VP9 tables are hard on the older/lower systems. I recently upgraded to P4@ 2.5 Ghz. and I still have stutters with the cutting edge versions.

As soon as I cash in my gold, we'll see...

my gal owns a blindingly fast laptop but she also has problems
with the pins made with vp9. my desktop outshines hers in this one area at least!
I am using a GT 650 Nvidia with 1 meg ram on a P3 and it even plays the newer FP tables okay
but with my older tower with the intel onboard graphics all vp9 tables sucked, even a few of the flashier vp8 ones chugged along too a good graphics card is needed imo now for the vp9's as well as a decent computer
heck my gal can't even run FP at all on her laptop and it should as it's way faster than my tower,
she has a P4 I am using a P3 she has 2g desktop ram I am using 1
and I can't figure that one out at all!

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: keefus is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back