I really don't get what you say when you are talking about miniplayfield, I guess I'll get there at some point.@polygame
Something like millipede would certainly test BAM's capabilities.
Ravarcade recently increased the limit of "Miniplayfield's: from 16 to 48. And also enabled temporary repurposing of already existing "Source boxes"
So with Milipede I imagine that each segment of the milipede would contain a collidable target and each would have its own "miniplayfield" box. Then you can code the boxes to move around the playfield and have the targets drop and disappear when hit.
It definitely doable
I did Warlord (Warlock), Multipede (centipede), Astrohits (Asteroid), Tempexx (Tempest), TutenKham (Tutankham), Frogster (Frogger) and Cool Position (Pole Position).
I really don't get what you say when you are talking about miniplayfield, I guess I'll get there at some point.
You know I forget how this table first attracted your interest, but even though I've mentioned the game several times in my roundups, I'm not actually all that familiar with it. I'll have to try the VP version and see iif I can get a sense of the modes progression.
That was the plan I really like my Atari console Apron. I would like to remod all of my table with it. Anyone else need it also, go ahead
This is super fun! concept could be use also for zeke's peakHere is the WIP BAM version still in its infancy. but demonstrating :
1. FAST TRACK (Notice the Main 40 second timer in the top DMD, the Fast Track Mode 15 second timer). You get a 10 second Time bonus every lap.
2. SEWER SWIM mode
3, Bonus Lanes
4.STREET SMARTS (I cheated during play by adding 40 seconds to the timer while you weren't looking )
I have too many questions to spoil this fine thread more than I already did. I will open a new one for these.Hi Steve the term "miniplayfield" is confusing and unfortunate.
For BAM purposes that is what it is called.
But to understand what I am talking about think of a grab box ("bounding box")
1. You are allowed 48 of them.
2. With each "grab box" you can change its size and grab one or more objects that are in close proximity
3. You can grab objects either from the table itself or from the surrounding games room (all objects, kickers, lights, models whatever)
4. Ravarcade has call the BAM grabbable area the "SANDBOX" There actually are some areas in the larger games room that the sandbox does not work.
5. Now that you have grabbed something in the Grab box (In the BAM menu this is a yellow box, called the "Source Box"
you can now take what ever is grabbed and scale it, animate it , and move it and even make it disappear. In the BAM menu you will see
the results in a green "Target Box)
6. You can decide if the objects that you move will retain there physical properties and toggle those on /off in the script as desired
7. Once you have defined a "grab box" and its properties. BaM will automatically give you the code to paste into the script.
8. Once defined in the code then you can script any changes in any of the parameters from there. (Size, Location, Physical properties etc.. etc..)
So for Millipede insect lets say it has 12 segments to its body
You can grab the whole insect in one grab box or in 12 or whatever you want.
Depends on how you choose to animate it.
You can combine techniques. So for your cowboy in Shootanza for instance.... I can grab everything he is made of into one grab box.
I can then move him and make him huge but your preexisting code that animates him still works
I could also for instance grab his head in separate box from the rest of him ( 2 grab boxes)
Move both grab boxes to same place and make them the same scale and you code will still animate both head and box...but I can add
an addtional nodding of the head by coding the x,y,z rotation of the grab box containing the head.
It takes experiment but with your creativity it gives you immense possibilities.
There some exceptions and nuances that you discover as you go...
SLAMT1LT recently learned how and toyed with some very cool ideas. I will post some of his demo videos...
This is super fun! concept could be use also for zeke's peak
I have too many questions to spoil this fine thread more than I already did. I will open a new one for these.
What do you mean wild? I am not here to step on any toes so if I cause any grief in anything I said please just tell me nicely. You did a superb job so far with Mouse race, this I can say.Hey polygame...
I built the table, I, everything you see I built it, I spent many hours of work on this table,that otherwise I should finish and you don't even mention me?
So we can go with HUD displays GAS SEGMENTS or use DMD's (which aren't "authentic" for this table , but better)
So, having thought about this, I have made a quick 'Gas Segment' *.dmdf; just numbers (0-9) and the comma (,), that may be of use in a mini-playfield; especially as the Gas Segments can not (currently) be captured in a mini-playfield.
I'll explain it right away ....polygame
for first....I didn't say and thought ,these your words I am not here to step on any toes so
second......haven't you seen or read all my last post? the one where I explain many things, where we understand very well, that the project could a bad turn......and where did he also explain the reason?
and you what do? Do you reply the demonstration of Gimli? also with the video rat race livels 1-3, which for the moment I do not agree with, why is gimli going further, despite the fact that I have to finish the table?you make fun of me ?I do not like it, the teasing of others,
and put these comments as well......This is super fun! concept could be used also for zeke's peak
nothing to the contrary if you want to use this concept in another of the table, but using the video of gimli,and to advertise the video and you post it with all the work that I have done, and you don't even mention me, I am very disappointed, especially after I inserted the my last post
Is it possible please for anyone to make wild understand that I am maybe just not understanding the way he speaks?
If there is one person that always double check what I say it's me. I work in HR . I don't see any way I could have made fun of him.
because, I ask you all these things.... you will ask yourself right?
because I don't want to reskin, the demo that Gimli shows, I don't intend to make a reskin, of the table that I built,and that I still have to finish
I have to finish the construction of the table and I see a version of the table already made with the code, which I cannot test and verify if everything coincides with that of vp, or the video .... and I should do the reskn, of a table that I have built myself, taking many hours and days to make a model and more ..... well I await your judgment......IKE
to illuminate me, if I have to continue the construction or I have to abandon this project, because I see that Gimli is in a hurry to complete in his own way, and show the whole world.
This is super fun! concept could be use also for zeke's peak
Ok let's talk in baby steps since we obviously cannot understand each other. Language barrier is sometime difficult in human interaction, let's not forget that.
1. Never in any post I made fun of you. (I reread the whole thread)
2. I was even praising the concept and just noted that It made me thought about Zeke's peak behavior.
3. I don't wish to use the concept or steal any part of it or any advertising video about it. I am old and civil enough to ask permission for anything I do. So please I am asking you to acknowledge that I do.
4. Following my introduction, you seem to have a tone regarding my arrival here so if this is what's to be expected in the future, I will try to stear clear from anything you do, post or say, if it's ok with you.
I am therefore wishing you a very nice day, wherever you are on this planet.