Road Girls (Original) - Desktop and DOFLinx MX

SS Original Table BAM FP Road Girls (Original) - Desktop and DOFLinx MX Version 1.2

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball

GeorgeH

Flippered Out
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack From Mars
GeorgeH submitted a new resource:

Road Girls - Desktop and DOFLinx MX - This table updates Road Girls Revisited released in 2007. It adds many new features from BAM.

Blindmankind was probably the first table developer to provide some really sophisticated tables like this one. Although this is an original table, it has game play like a commercially built table. Road Girls has two unique captive balls. One is at the top of the table. When it is hit, the ball can travel through four lanes and then goes to a kicker where it returns to the original position. The other captive ball holds the ball in play after you knock down 3 drop targets and go through the...

Read more about this resource...

It's beautiful! :)

Thanks Todd!

@AnonTet

Thanks for the review. It is pretty high praise when you say it is "Pinball art in digital form".

George

That's the whole point. And I meant art in every way not just graphics.

@TXT11

Thanks for the review!

George

GeorgeH updated Road Girls - Desktop and DOFLinx MX with a new update entry:

Road Girls - Desktop and DOFLinx MX

I found a bug in the Road Girls, Version 1.1 menu. It doesn't display correctly the first time you play the table and use the menu. It would only appear when you play the table the first time (or delete the fpRam). Some of the menu selections would appear on the wrong menu. Like one of the options for the lighting might show up on the balls per game menu. I never deleted the fpRam file while testing the table so it did not appear. It is fixed now.

I decided to reduce the size of the library...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just tried on a clear fpRam. Bug's gone.

I'm having a weird issue on my cabinet (my desktop works though and its great!)...

I am unable to get the table to release the ball to start...It plays music and flashes GIRLS on my MX but it won't start.

I add credits. makes the credit sound but when I try to start it won't release the ball...I never even see a ball..

I deleted the FPvram...I'm not sure where to start....Any suggestions? Thank you!!

I'm having a weird issue on my cabinet (my desktop works though and its great!)...

I am unable to get the table to release the ball to start...It plays music and flashes GIRLS on my MX but it won't start.

I add credits. makes the credit sound but when I try to start it won't release the ball...I never even see a ball..

I deleted the FPvram...I'm not sure where to start....Any suggestions? Thank you!!
I tried at VPForums, but am trying here in case there is a wider audience...

I found a post where someone talked about another game not starting and the recommendation was to add at the bottom of FuturePinball_BeghinPlay() a call to the method ResetForNewGame()

With that line in, as soon as the game boots the ball is ready to play..

The only problems I see with this is I get no MX lighting at all (GIRLS and such) and when the game ends it does not load again. It's almost as if the key for starting the game isn't mapped (which I'm sure isn't the problem but thats the behaviour)...

Any idea what might be causing the behavior? I have a setup on another computer which works...I cannot determine what is different across the setups and would cause this behavior..

Its as if the table doesn't initialize fully. On another computer when I start the game I hear an engine startup and then I can't drive 55 begins playing....

I'm on the latest BAM (I notice allot of BAM version checks in the code), but again on one computer it works and not another...

I don
I don't have a pinball cabinet so I don't have an answer but I doubt it is a problem with the script. @TerryRed might have some ideas.

Would this have something to do with it? I notice BAM Camera: Global 2 come up on the screen when BAM loads the table... I do not notice that on my other computer...

I saw a post once that claimed different cameras have buttons mapped differently...seems odd but okay...

is there a way to change that camera?? Would that be something I should be doing? Thanks again for looking.

the video shows my startup...I noticed this time my playfield side lights didn’t go off....

Attachments

• IMG_9419.MOV
    103.3 MB
I don't know anything about DOFlinx MX. All I did was add the one DOFlinx file included to the scripts folder to make it play.

Would this have something to do with it? I notice BAM Camera: Global 2 come up on the screen when BAM loads the table... I do not notice that on my other computer...

I saw a post once that claimed different cameras have buttons mapped differently...seems odd but okay...

is there a way to change that camera?? Would that be something I should be doing? Thanks again for looking.

the video shows my startup...I noticed this time my playfield side lights didn’t go off....

Use the F1-F8 keys to change the cameras and actually, you can define a button for cycle through them as well. By default, press ` or Q to open BAM menu preferences and redefine it there if you must.

Different cameras do not have different key assignments.

Its as if the table doesn't initialize fully. On another computer when I start the game I hear an engine startup and then I can't drive 55 begins playing....

I'm on the latest BAM (I notice allot of BAM version checks in the code), but again on one computer it works and not another...
Are all the other DOF tables from Major Frenchy are working on your cabinet ?
Have you tried the original Version from Road Girls without DOF ?

Hi Jens, yes DOF tables are working from a variety of folks.. Major Frenchy included...

I've been reviewing the code and have added a bunch of debug statements, which I hope will shed some light. The nice thing if I have it working on another computer so I can compare my output. This is also my first attempt at debugging FP table code, which I am excited about!!

I thought about DOF for this. I had killed DOFLinx at one point I believe, but now I see where it is turned on in the code, so I'll try disabling that.

I have not tried the table without DOF, but I will.

Thanks again!

SOLVED....
I figured it out today. I think the problem is that on my cabinet I have the Special1 key mapped to the same key as my Start Game key. I've tested this on my other computer and it seems to cause the issue..

When I review the code, the FuturePinball_KeyPressed routine has the Special1 key "IF" check happening before the StartGameKey check....So I'm clearly causing confusion mapping my cabinet this way.

I originally did that because the top Fire button isn't always used to I figured I'd match it to my start game key and use it to select games in my front end and start them....I'll need to chasnge this!

I can't wait to fix this one and I learned allot today about FP scripting, debugging and the code for this table....a win:win!

I'm glad you got it to work. You don't want to combine the Special1 or Special2 keys with anything else. Otherwise you can get more than one option being activated at the same time. I know one of the pinball cabinet guys keeps a keyboard handy so he can press keys as needed. Slamt1lt has a few tables where you have to be able to press one of the special keys during a game (Iron Man comes to mind) so it would be nice if you have a key on your cab to operate at least one of the special keys.

Thx GeorgeH, yes I've encountered an issue before...The best way will be for me to map my top fire button to Special1 and these things should go away....I had an issue with a VPX PUP due to this setup and adjusted as a one-off but I don't want to keep doing that

I tend to use Special2 to open the menu on my tables. It is pretty easy to change Special1 to Special2 and vice versa in the script. You just change Special1Key to Special2Key in the script. Of course, you need to search the script for the key that you want to change to just to be sure it is not being used.

George,
just some informations. Road Girls (and Three Angels, Dead Hunters) was made by BlindManking but with the (heavy) help from Centinex (Damien Drouart who I knew).

George,
just some informations. Road Girls (and Three Angels, Dead Hunters) was made by BlindManking but with the (heavy) help from Centinex (Damien Drouart who I knew).

I listed him and a few others in the list of "Table developers" at the bottom of the posting. This forum doesn't support creating multiple developers like you can on PinSimDB. All you can do is list their names in the text. It is one of the few things I don't like about this forum.

Yes, I agree with you (concerning multiple developers). And it was not against you, I know you always quote people involved.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back