Roller Disco (Gottlieb, 1980) VP9

VP9 Gottlieb SS Recreation Roller Disco (Gottlieb, 1980) VP9 v1.0 [CM] [WS] [DT] MOD

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

StevOz

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
TMNT
Many thanks to Gottlieb for creating this table and LW, Zany, Serpiko for their recreations of this table.

This is the <acronym title="Full Screen - Tables configured for cabinet use." class="bbc ipSeoAcronym">FS</acronym> to DT conversion of the LW Roller Disco colour mod...

Adjusted cabinet walls and rail ramps.

Adjusted flipper rubbers for DT view and game play.

Created new backdrop image.

Use VP9.91 to play..

If your curious about CM, it's shorthand for colour modification, where by the pinball lights have been changed with coloured lights, that light up whilst playing the game.

Available here..

Attachments

• RDDTSS3.jpg
    RDDTSS3.jpg
    619.4 KB · Views: 359
Last edited by a moderator:
hey, that's pretty!

how do the colored lights work, if you care to explain?

The coloured plastic lights are VP flasher objects, in this instance being a table of that era they merely all light up whilst playing the game.

Editor shot attached..

Attachments

• rdef2.jpg
    rdef2.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 318
hmm. can't say i really understand, but then it's been many years since i've been in the editor.

The Flasher object was added to VP9 after it was completely changed over from DX7 to DX9, with the MS Direct X 9 driver capable of 3D effects. It's a bit like a VP light with 3D glow effects if that makes any sense?

oh, cool. no wonder i didn't recognise it. :)

Six years later, and I noticed we didn't have it in our resources anymore. Doof!

It's now re-uploaded, and hopefully I got the details right? Please do confirm & correct where possible, @StevOz.

Btw-- I really don't think I properly understand at the time, your project of converting all these excellent FS tables to DT. I was barely playing virtual pins at the time. These are some ridiculously beautiful tables, though.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back