Hello,
Have a Scared Stiff that has an issue with the crate door. When the
ball hits the door it does not register a hit. In other words, it does
not trigger the sound effect and Elvirs's comment, thus the crate door
never opens. It seems to be an intermittant problem. It works every
now and then but is not working now. I've checked all the conections
and plugs. Any ideas?

Solution
Just for fun I did a little checking up on this issue. Apparently there's a small PC board nearby the crate (underneath PF) with a potentiometer called an "eddy switch," which is used to adjust the crate sensor. You fiddle with the pot until an LED on the board -just- winks out. You want the LED almost on, but not quite.

It sounds like a lot of 90's Williams / Bally games used one or more eddy switches. CV, TOM, etc.
Just for fun I did a little checking up on this issue. Apparently there's a small PC board nearby the crate (underneath PF) with a potentiometer called an "eddy switch," which is used to adjust the crate sensor. You fiddle with the pot until an LED on the board -just- winks out. You want the LED almost on, but not quite.

It sounds like a lot of 90's Williams / Bally games used one or more eddy switches. CV, TOM, etc.

Attachments

• 6bc6027de9ea3cb21c9ee7b4c4954f2707d47b4c.jpg
    6bc6027de9ea3cb21c9ee7b4c4954f2707d47b4c.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 131
Solution

That was some grate crate info

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: keefus is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back