Game Plan Solved Sharpshooter (Game Plan, 1979) score display problem

njPinWiz

Inserted Coin
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Bank Shot
Am having an issue with a 1979 Sharpshooter by GamePlan. While ball is in play in either 1 player or multi-player mode the score displays reset to zero. This happens regardless of whether a drop target, pop bumper, sling or virtually any other target is hit. I tried re-seating each of the four score displays as well as the score connector on the MPU. Didn't help. Doesn't seem to be a score display problem but one that is electronic/circuitry related.
Anyone come across this type of problem and can suggest something for me to try? Thanks!

Solution
Thanks pinballdaveh for the suggestion. I have since resolved the problem. It was the base of one of the 10 point switches that is behind the drop target "S" and "H". It was making slight, occasional contact with the metal frame that houses the 7 drop targets. By bending the L bracket holding that switch under play field so it didn't make contact when targets hit...solved the problem!
Some of the best information about game plan machines can be found at pin repair.com, have you checked them out yet?
The problem sounds like one of the voltages at the cpu is low or too much ac is getting thru on the dc line causing reset problems.

Thanks pinballdaveh for the suggestion. I have since resolved the problem. It was the base of one of the 10 point switches that is behind the drop target "S" and "H". It was making slight, occasional contact with the metal frame that houses the 7 drop targets. By bending the L bracket holding that switch under play field so it didn't make contact when targets hit...solved the problem!

Solution
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: blackspatular is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back