shiva

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Trigon
I am pleased to announce that the first major batch of images have been sorted, and are now up, and the shivaSite Image Resource Archive is now live as a beta. this is sorted into 4 main categories, and has a total of just under 6000 images for the initial upload. The Arcade section is also sorted by company name/ table name, unless there are a lot of tables, I made sub-sections for them. This also has a brand new system, that is far more feature rich, and is a "smart" system, it will adjust itself based on your browser and screen resolution etc.

This archive was designed for one thing, a one stop place to look, find, and get all needed resources for a particular table, and all in one place. No searching google, no going from place to place, spending hours trying to find a target image, and at the absolute best quality that I have been able to find. Everything I have for a particular table is all available in one table album.

As it stands, there's more to come. I did a quick look through all my archives, and pulled out the images very quickly, to form the base. Since then, I have been going through every one of my folders, and going through each image, and picking out the absolute best I have of each type. If I didn't have a suitable image, or I had images that I judged where not to my standards, they were not added, so some sections are very barren compared to others. There is just one image of each type, it didn't make much sense to have multiple images of the same thing, other than the stripped play fields. I have included target and spinner images, bumper caps, aprons, cabinet artwork, backdrops, decent flyer images, decent full on playfield images, and plastics. At the moment, I have finished all the Bally's, and will start on Capcom shortly on the full sort, but every section still has a lot of images available.

The other main sections include a small photo resource section for people who build table objects and need reference pictures, a pinball prototype section of those that didn't make the grade, and a larger VP image resource, with all the images needed to build your table. This includes ball images, metal sides, light lens decals, post side images etc.

I am also including a very large selection of my own custom images, most of which were never released before, and also is sorted along with images from other authors. This includes not only graphics I have done before, but also includes newer graphics from the xse tables I have never released. As well, all the graphics that were offered from the previous site are also there as well.

The New System

There is no membership required to use the site.

The new system I am using is far more advanced, and comes with a lot more features. It's shareware, and some things can not be changed, but the benefits far out weigh the previous gallery skin. This is based on Jscript, and moo tools, but also has basic html support as well, depending on what you have. It will auto scale the "medium" image depending on your screen resolution, and there are features that protect the site and the bandwidth from site strippers and image harvesting bots. When you find the image you want, you can view the image as full size by clicking the download icon on the bottom right, it will open up a new tab in your browser. It's no different than most systems, just a different way, and is far more secure.

It's pretty fun just playing around with this skin, there's all sorts of nifty stuff with this gallery. :)

Lot's of mouse overs, I added music support, and has zoom as well. To get the main menu, click the view gallery button to open the fly out menus. You can navigate to anywhere in the archive instantly. There's also a help icon, in case you need it, and a comment system. There's a new beta of this skin, with a whole bunch of things, but it is a paid thing as well.

I was really tempted to buy a lite license and unlock all the features actually, but I set up the entire structure of the site for expansion as opposed to convince, with a eye towards upgrading down the road if needed. The new version has front page support, e-commerce, rss etc.

Uploads and Submissions

There are a lot of gaps in terms of images here, and though I have done the best that I can, this really relies on authors and other people to add to this. I have added a very simple (and I am sure quite familiar one to old-timers) for small amounts of images, and also a contact system for larger file size or collections directly by email. It will accept zips, and all files submited to me will be sorted through, organized, and placed in the best location by me. All people have to do is send it. With VP9 having a export capability now, it makes it far easier for people to send graphics, and it will help a lot of people make and actually release tables, especially those that are graphically impaired.

I will only accept images if the author uploads them, or there is permission by that author. If you zip it up, please make sure the authors name is included, so proper credit can be given in the image. I have added the authors name to each file that I could, and that is policy. (I made the attempt to find the authors name on some images, but couldn't find who did them, so if you know please let me know)

I have made previous attempts at this, but it's never been really successful. I do hope people will finally do this, it's as simple as possible, you don't need a membership, and every image you upload could help someone get closer to making and releasing their own table. We all sit around talking about the lack of new authors, and the lack of new tables, this is one of the biggest reasons why, a lack of proper resources. I have released even my hand drawn playfields and plastics, I'm putting my money where my mouth is, and I am willing to do a lot more if others follow my footsteps.

The New Address

I decided to move the archives to here, so the URL is familiar. It's also far more stable, and if I get a lot of submissions, it's easy to upgrade my account to a paid service, and will be able to have the room to expand with space and bandwidth. Because of the features within the new gallery skin, I'm not as concerned about the bandwidth, but I still ask that people be considerate of others that might want to use it.

Have fun guys. Please note there may be a few minor issues, but I wanted to get it up. It took 16 hours of upload time through ftp, but now that it is up, be easier to update and fix any issues. If you see something, like a problem or a duplicate image, please let me know, so I can fix it for future updates.

UPDATE: Various graphics archives can now be found here:

Last edited by a moderator:
I doesnt work for me... i get this message

This website has been blocked temporarily because of the following reason(s):

• Phishing: Site may be criminally fraudulent attempting to collect your personal information by masquerading as a legitimate site

I am pleased to announce that the first major batch of images have been sorted, and are now up, and the shivaSite Image Resource Archive is now live as a beta. this is sorted into 4 main categories, and has a total of just under 6000 images for the initial upload. The Arcade section is also sorted by company name/ table name, unless there are a lot of tables, I made sub-sections for them. This also has a brand new system, that is far more feature rich, and is a "smart" system, it will adjust itself based on your browser and screen resolution etc.

This archive was designed for one thing, a one stop place to look, find, and get all needed resources for a particular table, and all in one place. No searching google, no going from place to place, spending hours trying to find a target image, and at the absolute best quality that I have been able to find. Everything I have for a particular table is all available in one table album.

As it stands, there's more to come. I did a quick look through all my archives, and pulled out the images very quickly, to form the base. Since then, I have been going through every one of my folders, and going through each image, and picking out the absolute best I have of each type. If I didn't have a suitable image, or I had images that I judged where not to my standards, they were not added, so some sections are very barren compared to others. There is just one image of each type, it didn't make much sense to have multiple images of the same thing, other than the stripped play fields. I have included target and spinner images, bumper caps, aprons, cabinet artwork, backdrops, decent flyer images, decent full on playfield images, and plastics. At the moment, I have finished all the Bally's, and will start on Capcom shortly on the full sort, but every section still has a lot of images available.

The other main sections include a small photo resource section for people who build table objects and need reference pictures, a pinball prototype section of those that didn't make the grade, and a larger VP image resource, with all the images needed to build your table. This includes ball images, metal sides, light lens decals, post side images etc.

I am also including a very large selection of my own custom images, most of which were never released before, and also is sorted along with images from other authors. This includes not only graphics I have done before, but also includes newer graphics from the xse tables I have never released. As well, all the graphics that were offered from the previous site are also there as well.

The New System

There is no membership required to use the site.

The new system I am using is far more advanced, and comes with a lot more features. It's shareware, and some things can not be changed, but the benefits far out weigh the previous gallery skin. This is based on Jscript, and moo tools, but also has basic html support as well, depending on what you have. It will auto scale the "medium" image depending on your screen resolution, and there are features that protect the site and the bandwidth from site strippers and image harvesting bots. When you find the image you want, you can view the image as full size by clicking the download icon on the bottom right, it will open up a new tab in your browser. It's no different than most systems, just a different way, and is far more secure.

It's pretty fun just playing around with this skin, there's all sorts of nifty stuff with this gallery. :)

Lot's of mouse overs, I added music support, and has zoom as well. To get the main menu, click the view gallery button to open the fly out menus. You can navigate to anywhere in the archive instantly. There's also a help icon, in case you need it, and a comment system. There's a new beta of this skin, with a whole bunch of things, but it is a paid thing as well.

I was really tempted to buy a lite license and unlock all the features actually, but I set up the entire structure of the site for expansion as opposed to convince, with a eye towards upgrading down the road if needed. The new version has front page support, e-commerce, rss etc.

Uploads and Submissions

There are a lot of gaps in terms of images here, and though I have done the best that I can, this really relies on authors and other people to add to this. I have added a very simple (and I am sure quite familiar one to old-timers) for small amounts of images, and also a contact system for larger file size or collections directly by email. It will accept zips, and all files submited to me will be sorted through, organized, and placed in the best location by me. All people have to do is send it. With VP9 having a export capability now, it makes it far easier for people to send graphics, and it will help a lot of people make and actually release tables, especially those that are graphically impaired.

I will only accept images if the author uploads them, or there is permission by that author. If you zip it up, please make sure the authors name is included, so proper credit can be given in the image. I have added the authors name to each file that I could, and that is policy. (I made the attempt to find the authors name on some images, but couldn't find who did them, so if you know please let me know)

I have made previous attempts at this, but it's never been really successful. I do hope people will finally do this, it's as simple as possible, you don't need a membership, and every image you upload could help someone get closer to making and releasing their own table. We all sit around talking about the lack of new authors, and the lack of new tables, this is one of the biggest reasons why, a lack of proper resources. I have released even my hand drawn playfields and plastics, I'm putting my money where my mouth is, and I am willing to do a lot more if others follow my footsteps.

The New Address

I decided to move the archives to my old host, so the URL is familiar. It's also far more stable, and if I get a lot of submissions, it's easy to upgrade my account to a paid service, and will be able to have the room to expand with space and bandwidth. Because of the features within the new gallery skin, I'm not as concerned about the bandwidth, but I still ask that people be considerate of others that might want to use it.

The address is now moved to here:

The shivaSite Pinball Image Resource Archive

Have fun guys. Please note there may be a few minor issues, but I wanted to get it up. It took 16 hours of upload time through ftp, but now that it is up, be easier to update and fix any issues. If you see something, like a problem or a duplicate image, please let me know, so I can fix it for future updates.

This website is down, as we are moving to our new host and domain. Thanks for coming.

... Far from a good start to the promotion of a site.:oops:

But this is a post from 2009.

My bad.. Then again "Mick67" brought it to the forefront.

Shiva is a legend of sorts around here,
so Mick67 is right to be baffled. :)

Seriously though, Shiva retired some time ago,
but there are still some useful resources here at PN and at www.vpforums.org

So, excuse me for being blunt but wouldn't the next stage been to

1. Sticky this thread
2. Close it.

Far from Rocket Science.

You might be right.
Threads here at PN are usually left to the OP (Original Poster) to update or to request a sticky.

There are not a lot of rules to PN other than those necessary to stop spam or abuse.

EDIT: Please ignore the "Dead" mood emoticon in Shiva's post.
At least I don't know he's dead.

You might be right.
Threads here at PN are usually left to the OP (Original Poster) to update or to request a sticky.

There are not a lot of rules to PN other than those necessary to stop spam or abuse.

EDIT: Please ignore the "Dead" mood emoticon in Shiva's post.
At least I don't know he's dead.
Hence why I use this term now & again

"want something doing? Do it yourself" :-)

Modded the first post so it makes sense....
There's a lot of sweet stuff in there.

I'm thinking it's arguably worth creating a resource entry and pointing to the link, like we've done with BAM and a couple others. This thread could then be set as the accompanying "discussion thread."

Come to think of it, the vanilla "pinball machines" area within the resources seems a little generic, and it might be worth creating a custom category to sort stuff like this in to. Hmm...

A good idea but beyond that seems like a lot of work though.

I would like to see a proper FP resources area, but FP resources there are are scattered all over the place now, and with Gopinball being such a mess with all the spam, it makes it even harder to find them, especially since a lot of them are in threads not in their resources section. Most of the authors that made them are either gone now, (so we won't be able to get permissions) or just won't upload them again, and in general a lot of stuff that would be useful to everybody will disappear when gopinball collapses and goes offline.

Looking at other websites, they have their own resource sections, but they are not used that much, mainly because it's a lot of work for the poster. Our software is a lot better, it also notes a upload in the forum itself, but I still wonder how many people will take the time to upload their resources like textures, models etc and tutorial/sample tables.

Last edited:
Well, I went ahead and added a graphics resource area. Only had to move seven entries over. The rest are all sounds & music. It's not much, but should help a little bit, plus leave the door open for more contributions. @JonPurpleHaze, just letting you know I did that. It seemed like a no-brainer to me, but let me know if you object and I'll change it back.

@shiva,
I'm not sure what to make of the idea of adding specific FP media resources. Would it really be worth differentiating like that, because otherwise I'd think all simulation software could potentially draw from a shared pool of media resources. But maybe I'm not understanding well. To be clear, I'm not talking about FP support resources (like models), which we already have sections for. Just real-life and computer PB media files. Specifically in this section.

I do see what you mean about valuable resources being scattered all over, tho. I wonder if it would be possible to preserve some of the GoPinball stuff here that we had a strong sense was not self-produced, but rather stuff originally just pulled from the net.

I also note that your archives section is sort of the best of both worlds, i.e. individual images (and files) that can be accessed 1-by-1, but can also be downloaded en masse, by section. That's pretty dang cool.

Right now at PN we do have the resources section and the media area full of albums, but I don't think a user can download a whole album all at once. That could theoretically be quite useful. Possibly there's a hack / add-on for that.

There's also the question of how many working devs would actually need that kind of accommodation. I mean, the site's future content looks like it's strongly tied to FP, but such content tends to come out slowly, and I'm sure all these devs already have favorite places they like to look for new media, like the IPDB, a sister site, or just Google.

So I'm not sure how much justified effort there really is for us at this point.

Just personally, I wouldn't mind scouring GoPinball a bit and attempting to rescue stuff that looked like it wasn't self-produced. If that makes logistical sense. Because the new graphics area is indeed rather bare at the moment.

That was a lot of work doing my archives...

Speaking of which, I should add the JG stuff. Maybe I will put it in here. I hope other authors start popping in their stuff here, there's all sorts of great .fpt examples (especially in that massive BAM thread at gopinball) that just get lost in 200 plus pages of a thread. The resources here are a bit baron and pinsimdb has everything in one place so it's hard to find anything.

Okay, I went ahead and created the resource entry to accompany this thread as discussed, and updated the link in the OP. Obviously, feel free to modify the entry as you like or even delete it if you think best.

I've also turned off uploads to the general "PB" category, such that uploaders must choose to sort in to either graphics or sounds. If the section takes off at some point, it would probably make sense to add more subcategories, like for backglasses, PF's, etc.

Your talk about trying to archive more FP content reminds me of a certain issue / project on my backburner. It begins with the question of "how many devs are still using FP, and what methods are there to encourage more people to visit here and potentially add to our archives?"

Since I'm not really a FP guy, I'm still kind of lost in terms of gathering FP content. I would definitely need a helper at the very least. Or it would probably be best if I was the helper. Not sure who that would be, though.

The other issue is outreach, and I do think we could start by updating WP's FP entry, which last time I checked, pretty much suggests that FP is a dead project. Still kind of amazed the FP community (such as it is) never fixed that. I mean BAM's been around for what, 6-7 years now?

Last edited:
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Itchigo has started a new thread called "Sounds library" in Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME...
      Back