shiva

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Trigon
If you like things stripped and naked (and what male doesn't by the way) then have I got something for you. ;)

Using one of my spare web spaces, a new gallery generator, and 12 hours of upload time, I have placed my stripped playfield archive up and is now available. About 2100 images, over 250 folders sorted by table name, all naked. I started rebuilding the archive when I lost my main hard drive a couple years ago, but you never know, I may find more on a disk somewhere. There will be very few duplicate images, as I have a program for that now, but if you notice any, just let me know. The total size with pages and thumbnails was 1.5 gigs, so there would be over a gig of actual images.

This is a mixed bag, in terms of size, quality etc, and there are a lot of closeups as opposed to full shots, so people like wtiger should be quite happy glueing them together for a few months. Some of these are real huge as well, and great just for details needed when building a table. For that reason, I built a preview system for each image. You have to wait for that image to fully load before clicking to get a full size image, it's a know bug, but so far haven't come across it.

It's a very simple system, but expect long loading times. It also has a slideshow, a help system, and has Cooliris support if you have the cooliris plugin. Everything is sorted by company name, then by table name, so those of you with slower connections don't have to wait 10 minutes for the screen to load. I built thumbnails so it's as fast as possible, but I can't do anything about the host. Not suppose to use the server as a file host, but this service is so bad and kept screwing up that well, I don't care. ;)

Have fun guys, if you want to add to this, just pop me a PM and send me a zip file. It's pretty easy to build, check for duplicate images, and syncronize the files for uploading. I still have loads of room for this server, though I suspect they won't be to happy when they find out (though they may be too stupid to even know how to check) so this is sort of it's up while it's up. Please remember that, and don't just strip the site, excessive bandwidth will tip them off, so please just take what you need. Once it's down, it's down, and you will be denying other people the right to use it if you are that selfish. This is a resource for people to use to make tables with, and a lot of tables have been released using images from this archive, and a lot more in the future, so remember that one as well.

LINK DISABLED: Uploading new system and a lot more content

Last edited:
Very nice shiva,...definitely deserves to be stickied.

Thanks for sharing and keep the good stuff coming! :king:

Very nice shiva,...definitely deserves to be stickied.

Thanks for sharing and keep the good stuff coming! :king:

Thanks, there will be more of the good stuff coming very shortly. I've been sorting through my files, and have pulled some useful things, so next update will please a few people.

Just to let everyone know, I have started deleting the old files, and will do a test upload very shortly, to do a check of the new system. Please be patient and wait until I am finished, and make another announcement. It would be best in a new thread, as there are a lot more than just stripped playfields now.

I need the time without other people routing around, so I can check the file structure, configure the upload system, and also to make any final changes to the new gallery pages. (and is it ever slick as well, jscript, full rss xml and moo tools) No membership will be required at all, it will be just a master image resource site

The upload should take about 12 hours when I start it. Some major stuff in there now, and well, it wouldn't really be a shiva site if there wasn't mass amounts of excessive content.

I could be missing the obvious here, but did this archive of stripped PF's ever get re-collected?

For example, I don't seem to see it at your corner of the site (where the link above ultimately points to) or in the small resource area we set up. Also, the Coppermine PF archive that got preserved to Media seems too small (182 pieces) to include the collection talked about in the OP.

Don't think so, couldn't find it. Maybe it's on a disk somewhere.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back