Silver Bullet

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
TheManFromPost posted this game over a VPF for me to see, never thinking I'd try to make it into a VP Table. But I like challenges, so why not. I'm using VP 9.09, but took the SS using 8.1, since the kicker cups don't show up in 9.09. While the actual game is a maze or maybe a labyrinth, I have an idea or two to make scoring part of the mix. One idea I have is to start with a million points, and deduct points for every kicker cup entered out of order. Another idea is to score each hit that is in order, and to subtract points when they're hit out of order. I'm open to other suggestions too.

As for playing the game itself. it will be much like a maze or labyrinth, in that I hope to change the slope of the table, which will start at zero. Using the arrow keys, the player will move the playfield, moving the ball along its path. I'm not sure if I'll add nudging along with changing slope, and have no idea how well that will work. Right now, there is no coding done, just lots of walls to create the path for the ball. and the 12 kicker cups. there is a large trigger at Berlin, which is the goal of the game.

I see this as a long term project, but will consider all suggestions, and probably try most of them. I hope this works fairly well, since I have found several other maze and labyrinth games that might be fun for VP. Thanks for any ideas you might have.

Attachments

• Silver Bullet.jpg
    Silver Bullet.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 393
  • Silver Bullet2.jpg
    Silver Bullet2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 389
John,

This will NOT be easy. Of course tilting the PF will be simple forward and back. But, I have been looking at this problem of yours moving the PF left and right. IT CAN BE DONE. There ARE commands that do work in VP with moving the PF up, down, right, left, NE, NW, SE and SW (compass points).

I've been looking at your dilemma and have been running this through my head and there MUST be a solution. Of course, I THINK I know what it is, so give me sometime. I think I may be able to get this project of yours going.

If I'm correct, there ARE ways to move the ball N, S, E, W, NE, SE, NW and SW on the PF. Like I said, I have been thinking about this and will mess around with the ideas when I have time. Even the corners of the PF can be moved.

If anyone else can figure this out, let me know please. I would like to know how you would make this game work. :)

d

I'm open to any ideas and suggestions Will. Right now I figure on changing to table slope and using a combination of nudging and magnets, if I can ever figure out how to do it. With so many other project tables, it's low on my list unless a brainstorm hits.

I recall that post! nice to see you taking up that challenge. i am guessing that with ramps and the ball nudge you could simulate a table tilt.
I meant to ask, how does one subtract points in the script? I always wanted to make a 'bad' shot give out negative points forcing a player to not try to hit it but have no clue on how to write on subtracting points, you mentioned it...

I'm not going to use any ramps on Silver Bullet. As for subtracting points, simply put a minus sign in front of the points number. I've thought of making a game where you start with something like 100,000,000 points, and lose points as you play. The winner would be the closest to zero without going negative, or resetting the score to that 100,000,000.

I'm not going to use any ramps on Silver Bullet. As for subtracting points, simply put a minus sign in front of the points number. I've thought of making a game where you start with something like 100,000,000 points, and lose points as you play. The winner would be the closest to zero without going negative, or resetting the score to that 100,000,000.

I wouldn't use ramps either - maybe bouncy types of walls or have nudge left and right. Even well placed hidden kickers would work. Who knows. Of course like I said, there ARE ways to control the ENTIRE PF to your liking. Just have to find the command lines to do it.

d

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back